Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sqeetschy
Mar 28, 2010
Going for 52 this year, start with the second book of "The lies of Locke Lamora". Yay, good resolutions!
Nr. 01 (Finished on 05.01) "Red seas under red skies" by Scott Lynch: Disappointing followup of a good first book. Still gonna try the next one, maybe the ocean setting just didn't sit well with me.
Nr. 02 (Finished on 11.01) "Jennifer Government" by Max Barry: Great satire of capitalism and its extremes. Easy read with lots of action. Will be looking out for more books by Barry.
Nr. 03 (Finished on 14.01) "Daemon" by Daniel Suarez. Was okay, but kind of bland. Hated how it explained easy technical poo poo, though I get that to lose fewer readers he kind of had to.
Nr. 04 (Finished January) "Freedom" by Daniel Suarez. Got better with the explanations and the whole story was resolved well.
All in all happy with the series.
Nr. 05 (Finished January) "Seventh Son" by Orson Scott Card. Was okay, not my favorite by him by far. Maybe continiuing the series, probably not though. "Treason" was a far better non-Ender story.
Nr. 06 (Finished January) "The Gunslinger" by Stephen King. Was quite annoyed by the kid from our time that was dropped in as a literary device to be able to use similes to subway trains and other poo poo. Didn't like the pretentiousness of the whole thing. Not continuing.
Nr. 07 (WIP) "The Definitive H.P. Lovecraft" by H.P. Lovecraft. Not going to read every small bit, but as far as I have come it is pretty much pure awesome. Love his descriptions and lore.
Nr. 08 (Finished July) "Red Prophet" by Orson Scott Card. Good second part of the series, liking it much more now. Started the third book.
Nr. 09 (Finished July) "Apprentice Alvin" by Orson Scott Card. Still enjoyable series for me.
Nr. 10 (Finished July) "China's Second Continent" by Howard W. French. First non-fiction book, interesting stuff. Anecdotal evidence of Chinas/the Chinese peoples behaviour in Africa. Not dry at all and a good read overall.
Nr. 11 (Finished 05.08) "The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared" by Jonas Jonasson. Adventure story in the style of Forrest Gump in which the main character influences/lives through the most important parts of the 20. century. Coupled with a rather anticlimactic story of his adventures as a 100 year old.
Nr. 12 (Finished 05.08) "Journeyman Alvin" by Orson Scott Card. Another installment of the "Alvin Maker" series and it is still on track not being too awesome or a waste of my time. Overall solid.

Sqeetschy fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Aug 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread