Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I missed my 2013 goal, which was 26 books and no rereads, by quite a bit. I ended up with 17. However, I enjoyed having the some sort of target to shoot for, so I'm going for it again. A bit easier this year, I'll shoot for 24 books (2 per month, rather than one every two weeks), and rereads count, because there are quite a few things I want to revisit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

As usual, I failed my challenge ending up with 20/24. For the record, here they are:

1. The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
2. Excession by Iain M. Banks
3. Look To Windward by Iain M. Banks
4. World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks
5. Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson
6. Out of Sight by Elmore Leonard
7. A Storm of Wings by M. John Harrison
8. The World Until Yesterday: What Can We Learn from Traditional Societies? by Jared Diamond
9. Sundiver by David Brin
10. The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson
11. In Conquest Born by C.S. Friedman
12. Neuromancer by William Gibson
13. Count Zero by William Gibson
14. Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian
15. Post Captain by Patrick O'Brian
16. H.M.S. Surprise by Patrick O'Brian
17. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
18. Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
19. The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
20. Girl on the Net: My Not-So-Shameful Sex Secrets by Girl on the Net

Lot of rereads this year; looking at that list, I think Something Wicked This Way Comes was the highlight, Neal Stephenson hasn't aged well, and I have no idea what the fuss about World War Z was.

• Locked thread