Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
30 again. But I will keep going again if I hit it early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
Since I have a feeling that I won't be finishing any more books this month, might as well post my first update for this year.

January

1) This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales: I wanted this book to be so much better than it turned out. It was your typical YA novel. A young girl, who doesn't fit in with anyone at the school that she goes to, decides not to take her life and calls one of her classmates to talk about it, which in turn causes the classmate to call 911, and turns her life upside down. After she discovers an underground night club, she quickly discover that she has a knack for DJing parties. She quickly rises to fame and makes friends with two party girls and starts dating another DJ. Things fall apart quickly, but eventually everything works and she realizes that her life is perfectly normal. Yeah, I had high hopes for this one, but it was a let down.

2) The Best Film You've Never Seen: 35 Directors Champion the Forgotten or Critically Savaged Movies They Love by Robert K. Elder: I really liked this one. Mainly because of the fact that it gave me a bunch of movies that I've never heard of (with the exception of Kevin Smith's pick, Man of all Seasons, which he has gushed over many times before). I now have plans to watch all of them at some point, if I can ever find them on DVD.

3) I Wear the Black Hat: Grappling With Villains (Real and Imagined) by Chuck Klosterman: I've never really read anything by Klosterman before. I did try to read Sex, Drugs, and Coco Puffs a while ago, but never got into it. This one however, was different. I really dug the concept that Klosterman threw out there and even suggest that deep down inside, we're all villains.

4) Difficult Men: Behind the Scenes of a Creative Revolution: From The Sopranos and The Wire to Mad Men and Breaking Bad by Brett Martin: I wish that I read this and Alan Sepinwall's book back to back last year. They would have went perfectly together. The only difference between the to is that Martin's book goes into the creative process, which was something that I wish Sepinwall would have went into.

5) Fresh off the Boat by Eddie Huang: I have come to the conclusion that my three favorite non-fiction books to read are about chefs, rock musicians, and history of entertainment. Huang's book falls into the first one. While he does admit that he isn't really a chef, food was always apart of his life. Huang writes about growing up in different parts of the east coast, dealing drugs, and collecting sneakers. It's a odd book, but a success story none the less.

6) The Sports Gene: Inside the Science of Extraordinary Athletic Performance by David Epstein: Epstein, the senior writer at Sports Illustrated, proposes an interesting question in this book. Is athletic ability earned through training or is a person born with it? The book doesn't get too technical and really does focus on sports more than science. It's an interesting read for anyone who wants understand athletic ability,

7) On Booze by F. Scott Fitzgerald: A short, 86 page collection of writings from Fitzgerald on his favorite subject, booze. It was great, but I wish that it was a little longer.

7/30

Currently reading: The Flamethrowers and S.: Yes, I'm currently reading two books at once. The Flamethrowers in the book that I will be mainly reading when I'm at work and S. will be read at home. The only reasons why I'm doing this is because S. has a ton of things go with the book that are randomly placed inside the book. Yeah... I'm just reading S..

screenwritersblues fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 28, 2014

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

A Man for All Seasons counts as either forgotten or savaged? And Kevin Smith likes it?

I think in this case, it's forgotten. I've head him mention that it's his favorite, mainly because I listened to his Smodcast for a while and he mentioned it few times. He mention that it's one of the few films besides his own that he's seen multiple times.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

My sense of the film world's critical consensus was formed in my nan's house and let me tell you AMfAS is far from forgotten. It's basically that and The Name of the Rose.

Case in point: I've never heard of it. It's was Smith's choice for the book and I have a feeling that a lot of other people haven't heard of it either.

http://bestfilmneverseen.tumblr.com/meetthedirectors

There's the full list if you want to see what else was picked. Read the book to have a better understanding on why Smith picked it.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
8) S. by JJ Abrams and Doug Dourst: OK I will admit that this was a really cool book, but I was very confused on what the hell was going on. There's a lot of things going on. There was a lot of inserts, things ranging from maps to funeral cards, to letters that were written between the characters who were writing all over the book. I'd like to know what the cypher wheel was for, so I can use it with the book. If you a Abrams fan, I strongly suggest that you read and try to figure out what is going on.

8/30

Currently reading: The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner: I'd figure I'd see what all the hype is about with this book. After all, it's set in NYC and I'm a sucker for books set in NYC.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

screenwritersblues posted:

8) S. by JJ Abrams and Doug Dourst

9) The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner: At first, I didn't think that I was going to like it, mainly because of the fact the first chapter was boring as hell and not interesting. However, after that the book went full throttle and didn't stop until it broke the motorcycle landspeed record. I loved the fact that I knew that area that most of the novel was sent in NYC for once, mainly because that Little Italy is the area where I hang out whenever I'm in the city.

10) A Game of Thrones by GRRM: Yeah, while some of you many not have this problem as the title states, this year however, I got 99 books and GRRM is one. I wanted to say that I'm a fan of this series, but I'm not. I didn't like the fact that he jumped from character to character quite often or the fact that I had no clue which character was doing what or what family they belonged to.

11) Of Dice and Men: The Story of Dungeons and Dragons and the Men who Play It by David M. Ewalt: I really had higher hopes for this book. I was thinking that it was going to be a book about the history of D and D, which it was, but also had stories of celebrities who have played D and D. But it wasn't. It was a personal journey of a old school nerd. Kind of disappointing.

12) Goodbye to All That: Writers on Loving and Leaving New York Edited by Sarah Botton: I was very disappointed with this collection. I picked it up after all the praise that was give to it and was hoping it wasn't just female authors. However my fears where right. It was nothing but female authors. I guess that the editor didn't see any male authors that had the same experience that the female ones had.

13) Jim Henson: The Biography by Brian Jay Jones: This was the best biography that I read. It was perfect in every way. A little slow at first, mainly because there's a lot of background that's involved in his life, but once you get past that it's a great read.

13/30

Currently reading: Mo' Metta Blues: The World According to Questlove By Questlove.

screenwritersblues fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 2, 2014

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

elbow posted:

Ironically I think it's readers like you that are the reason that books like this need to exist. Your sole reason for not liking this book (not a novel, by the way) is that there are only female authors in it? Are you loving serious?

I would guess that the editor thought that in a literary world still dominated by men, it might be nice to put the spotlight on female authors.

I would normally not even bother defending myself, but come on. Don't get me wrong, it was a good collection, but it lacks diversity. It's good and all to hear what the other sex has to say about the topic, but I would have liked to hear what the male side had to say about the same experience. Most of the essays in the collection were somewhat interesting, but after a while it got kind of boring. It's almost like the editor was saying that male writers are more successful and don't have the same experience as female authors.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

elbow posted:

And yet the lack of diversity in The Best Film You've Never Seen didn't stop you from saying something about that book. I totally get being disappointed with a book because it's not what you were expecting (i.e. all female writers instead of a mix), but a) that is a lovely critique of a book and doesn't actually say anything about the contents itself, and b) it is not the book's fault that you didn't look at the ToC.
Also, male writers don't have the same experiences as female writers.

I'm not going to let this turn into the comic book debate that show up in this thread for about three pages, but you're not making sense. I am no way shape or form critiquing any book that I read because A) I don't what to because it would turn into more of a nit picking fest for me and B) because they would be horrible. I'm doing more reactions than critiques. More saying what I thought about the book after I finished it. What you're doing and I'm doing with out books are two totally different things. All I said about The Best Film You've Never Seen was that I liked the book and with Goodbye to all That all I basically said was that I didn't like it and maybe what might have made it better.

In reguards to you're whole ToC comment: Yes, I didn't read the entire thing and saw that it was all female writers. I gave it a shot anyway and after reading it decided that I didn't like it. If you have to nit-pick my reactions, then clearly there's something wrong that I'm doing.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

13) Jim Henson: The Biography by Brian Jay Jones

This was possibly the slowest month that I've ever had.

March

14) Mo Metta Blues: The World According to Questlove by Questlove: I'm not a big fans of The Roots music wise, but love the fact that Jimmy Fallon has been using them as his house band for years now. I heard about this book when it first came out last year and really wanted to read it mainly because of the fact that it was a music based memoir by a still active artist. I wasn't expecting it to be another Life or Bruce for that matter, but it was still a good read. The book itself puts you into the mind of Quest, including his reaction when Fallon asked him and the band to be the house band, which his is still kind of trying to figure out why they were picked.

15) Orfeo by Richard Powers: I signed up for Powell's somewhat monthly Indiespendable, a subscription based program that sends you a new book and some other goodies roughly ever six weeks. The first one that I read, which was this one, was pretty good. It's kind of an on the run mystery type thing that's told in some kind of strange first/third person type story telling. I didn't really get through it too quickly, because of the fact that all of the book from this series come signed and I didn't want to bring it out of my house.

16) The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt: I head good things about this book and liked it. But my only problem seems the be the same problem that everyone else is having, the ending was very lackluster. There was a great build leading up to the end, but by the time you get there, it just fizzles out and ends. Which was not what I expected.

16/30

Currently Reading: Freedom by Jonathan Franzen: I brought the book in ebook for Christmas one year and never got around to reading it.

Also, is everyone just doing a random pick for what they're reading or do some of you plan it out. I just planned my reading for the rest of the year because I had so much to read and feel like this method might be the best for me. Am I the only one or are there others like me?

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

16) The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

April

17) Freedom By Jonathan Franzen: I really wanted like this book, but I found it rather uninteresting. I just didn't get what was going on and also, what's with Frazen's obession with human waste?

18) In Cold Blood by Truman Capote: I enjoyed this book. It was really interesting and also my first real true crime novel. Everything about the book had me roped in.

19) This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald: My second Fitzgerald book. I didn't like this one as much as The Great Gatsby, but it was still really good.

20) The Rules of Civility by Amor Towles: I grabbed this book around the same time as Freedom and put it off for some odd reason. The author seemed to have based the book off a bunch of Walker Evans photos, which is pretty cool and all, but the story itself kind of fell flat.

21) The Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster: This is the second book that I read by the man and it is the most depressing book that I've read. It also was hard to follow at times, which kind of turned me off.

Currently Reading: Elanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell: After hearing about this book through the YA thread, I decided to give it a shot. It's good so far, so that's a good sign.

21/30

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

21) The Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster: This is the second book that I read by the man and it is the most depressing book that I've read. It also was hard to follow at times, which kind of turned me off.

May

22) Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell: Yes, this is your stereotypical YA love story, but the on thing about it is that it doesn't fall into the typical YA things. Instead it goes against the norms and has a more adult feel to it. I loved the fact that Rowell used music that I know and have heard and decided that it was the best to set it in the 1980s, instead of the current time frame, that made me really love the book.

23) Winger by Andrew Smith: I heard about this book through a few different websites that kept saying that it was really good, funny book. While I doubted it, it turns out that it was. Once again, this was another book that broke the mold of the YA novel and threw all the conventional stuff out the window. It was a quick read and I can't wait for the second book to come out next fall.

24) Curveball: The Year I Lost My Grip by Jordan Sonnenblick: I really wanted to like this one, but I just didn't. It fell into that typical YA novel category for me. Too may things to list on why I didn't like it, but it was still a decent read.

25) Will Greyson, Will Greyson by John Green and David Levithan: I had high hopes for this one, but it fell short. While it was good, my main problem was that it felt kind of pointless and boring. I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't.

Currently reading: MFA vs NYC Editied by Chad Harbach: I'm kind of on the fence about going to Grad school, so this book is kind of going to help me decide.

25/30

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

25) Will Greyson, Will Greyson by John Green and David Levithan

A slow, but eventful month

End of May-June

26) MFA vs NYC: The Two Cultures of American Fiction Edited by Chad Harbach: After reading this I really thought that I want to find a MFA program that was local and small. However, the only one that I found so far was offered by the college that I graduated from that I am currently paying back $27,000 to, so that's a no go. One thing that became clear about from this is that MFA programs are very involved and require you to do a lot of work. So if you aren't willing to be involved, then they aren't for you.

27) The Best American Sports Writing 2013 Edited by J. R. Moehringer: I love the Best American Short Stories and Travel Writing series, so I figured why not give sports writing a shot. It was better than I thought and will be buying it every year. The best article in the book was the one about the Simpsons episode called "Homer at Bat."

28) The Best American Travel Writing 2008 Edited by Anthony Bourdain: I was hoping for a little more from this. I thought that Bourdain was going to pick some interesting stories, but these were kind of boring.

29) Lost and Found: Stories from New York Edited by Thomas Beller: I loved this book because of the fact that I won it in a contest back in 2009. I enjoyed exploring the mysterious side of New York and hope that some day a third volume will show up.

29/30

Currently reading: Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief by Lawreance Wright: This might be the best book that I've read all year.

screenwritersblues fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 30, 2014

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

29) Lost and Found: Stories from New York Edited by Thomas Beller

I don't think that I'm going to finish anything else this month, so here's July

30) Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief by Lawrence Wright: I've been waiting a while to grab this book, because of the fact that I didn't want to drag around a massive hardcover. I loved this book and it really opened my eyes to how bad Scientology is and how easy it is to get sucked into it.

31) The Bobby Gold Stories by Anthony Bourdain: I really wish that this was more of a fictional story about a chef instead of a mob member, but it was still really good. I heard Bourdain's voice as I read it.

32) The Rules of Attraction by Brett Easton Ellis: Years ago, when my father finally upgraded the cable box to something that was a lot more modern, we had showtime for the first time ever. The the movie adaption of this book was one of the first things that I watched and I was blown away by it. I read the book and was blow away be how close it was to the film itself (Note: this was the first time that I've read the book after seeing the movie, so I was kind of amazed how close it was to the film).

33) Paper Towns by John Green: John Green is the author version of Cameron Crow.

34) What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding by Kristen Newman: I picked this one up on a while and I was really glad that I did. I went into it blind, not knowing anything about the author. While a lot of people over in the what did you just buy/begin thread said that the author seemed "insufferable," she really wasn't and just wanted to see the world.

35) The Blazing World by Siri Hustvedt: I got this book from Powell's Indenspensable program, which every six weeks they send me a book and a few other things. This book was pretty good, but pretty confusing because of the way that it was written. Going inbetween journals, interviews and other things, made me lose interest. But I finished it anyway.

Goal to for the year: 30/30

35/30

Currently reading: We Are Not Ourselves by Matthew Thomas. The book itself doesn't come out for another three weeks, but I got it as an advanced copy from the Indenspensable program. I'm hoping that it's good because of the fact that it's already on everyone's list for a must read book.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

35) The Blazing World by Siri Hustvedt

August!

36) We Our Not Ourselves by Matthew Thomas: I wanted to like this book, but it was just too long and somewhat bland. I just couldn't get into it and just read it pretty quick just to get through it.

37) All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr: I really liked this book. Doerr did something different with it and made each chapter seem like a short story instead of a long, draw out book like it could have been. It was super interesting too.

38) The Empathy Exams by Leslie Jamison: This was an interesting collection of essays from the time that the she worked as a medical actor, a person who get paid to fake symptoms for med students. It was interesting and also really eye opening to what she was doing during this time frame in her life.

39) Insatible: A Porn Love Story by Asa Akira: Yes, I read this book. I can honestly say that Asa has lead probably the craziest life of any person that I've ever read. From doing drugs in her youth in NYC to moving out to California to enter the adult industry, it was some what fascinating. Also, the book has the best dedication that I've ever read: To my parents. But please don't read it.

40) The Possibilities by Kaui Hart Hemmings (Audiobook): I enjoyed her book The Descendents that I read last year and it made me really want to go to Hawaii, even though it painted a somewhat dismal picture of what is marketed to be a happy island. This book made me want to go to Colorado and see what it's really like too.

41) Delancey: A Man, A Woman, A Restaurant, A Marriage by Molly Wizenberg: I wanted to like this book, but I didn't really like it. I don't know if it was the fact that it was about the opening of a restaurant or I just didn't expect it to be what it was, but there was just something about it that I didn't enjoy.

Currently Reading: Annihilation(Book 1 of the Southern Reach Trilogy) by Jeff VanderMeer: I'm into it so far and it's good. I just hope that the other two books don't go south like most series do.

Goal: 30/30

Year: 41/30

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

41) Delancey: A Man, A Woman, A Restaurant, A Marriage by Molly Wizenberg: I wanted to like this book, but I didn't really like it. I don't know if it was the fact that it was about the opening of a restaurant or I just didn't expect it to be what it was, but there was just something about it that I didn't enjoy

September...

42) Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer: This was my first trilogy in a little over a year after reading the disappointing Hunger Games. After that I swore off trilogies all together, but something about this series just hooked me it. It was also my first foray into weird fiction. I really enjoyed this one, there was something somewhat off putting about it.

43) Authority by Jeff VanderMeer: While the second books of most trilogies fall short, the second book of the southern reach series, made me want to read more. This one was good, but a lot stranger than the first, which was a little off putting for me.

44) Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: I read this because I've been wanting to read it for a while. I heard it was good, so I grabbed it last year from a big box club. When I heard that there was going to be a movie adapted from the book, I moved it up my list. When I realized that the movie was coming out next month, I decided that it was time to read it and I was glad that I did. The book was one of those books (for me anyway) that had me going from start to finish. I really hope that the movie is the same way.

45) Acception by Jeff VanderMeer: The final book of this series was the strangest of them all. I guess that this was a good thing, because of the fact that it kept me hooked.

46) Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs: What in the name of god did I just read? This was either written when Burroughs was heavily under the influence of something or he was just that insane.

45) Sous Chef: 24 Hours on the Line by Michael Gibney: I grabbed this after seeing it in the employee picks wall at the Strand. I kind of consider it to be a blind read (which reminds me that I should add it to that goodreads shelf that I made) and I really enjoyed it. I have a friend who's a pretty high up cook at a resturant in NYC and he tells me all the time it's not a fun job (especially during brunch). While I didn't believe him, after reading this book, I do believe everything he said.

Currently reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury: My first time ever reading Bradbury (although my gut tells me that I should have went with 451 first), so things are going to be interesting.

Year: 45/30

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

45) Sous Chef: 24 Hours on the Line by Michael Gibney

End of September - October

46) Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury: I was into this a lot. This was my first time reading Bradbury and while I think that I should have went with 451 as the first book that I read, I think that this was somewhat of a better choice.

47) The Tao of the Wu by The RZA: I've been passing this book for the past three months at the Strand and was passing on it constantly. However, I'm glad that I picked it up. It was more of a spirital look at the brains behind the Wu and how it became to be the force that it is today.

48) The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort: I really had been searching for this book, mainly because of the fact that I like the film so much. However, like most adaptions, the book was far more interesting than the film and the movie is really two books, not one like they make it out to be. So now I have to look for the second book to finish the movie.

49) Wild by Cheryl Strayed: With the movie coming out in December, I figured that I'd get this one out of the way. It was a pretty solid book. Lots of details about what she went through were pretty shocking and also pretty drat interesting too.

50) Redeployment by Phillip Klay: A former Iraq vet writes a bunch of stories about being in Afaganastan and Iraq? Sounds interesting. However, it turned out to be the most depressing thing that I ever read.

51) I Don't Know Where You Know Me From: Confessions of a Co Star by Judy Greer: OK, I'll admit, that I have a major crush on Judy Greer and was really looking forward to this book when I heard about it. It was all that I hoped for. From how she made it big to her early life, it was the perfect memoir.

52) 10:04 by Ben Lerner: I saw this author speak at the Brooklyn Festival and was intrigued by something that he said. I also was intrigued by his book mainly because of the fact that part of it was set during Hurricane Sandy. It was a little surreal, but great contemporary literature.

53) Bambi vs. Godzilla by David Mamet: Mamet's view on the film industry is pretty deep. It's kind of like your Alice and he's the white rabbit and you're just following him down the rabbit hole. The deeper you go, the more interesting it gets.

Currently Reading: Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer: When I heard that there was somewhat of a sequel coming out, I knew that I had to read this one. So far, it's really interesting.

Year: 53/30

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

I hope you got Wolf used so that you didn't give any more money to Jordan Belfort.

It wasn't. Oh well. At least he's not using his earnings to buy ludes anymore (although, do they still make ludes anymore?).

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

55) Bambi vs. Godzilla by David Mamet

November

56) Into the Wild by John Krakauer: While I really liked the film version of this, but the book was a lot more enjoyable. It gave a lot more back story than the film ever did.

57) The Museum of Extraordinary Things by Alice Hoffman: I really wanted to like this book, but it was a pretty lackluster finish. While it was cool to read a story set in NYC when it was still NYC, it just didn't feel right.

58) Creepers by David Morrell: I heard about this one and was interested in mainly because of the fact that it was set in Asbury Park right before the start of the revival of the city started. It was super creepy and I didn't see the major plot twist coming.

59) Badass: Ultimate Death Match by Ben Thompson: I loved Thompson's first two books, but this one I found somewhat boring. It lacked something that the others did, but I can't figure out what.

60) Shotgun Lovesongs by Nickolas Butler: I might have enjoyed this book if I knew what the hell was going on. There was just too many characters used to tell the story.

61) Never Can Say Goodbye: Writers on Their Unshakeable Love for New York Edited by Sari Botton: While I now have a better understanding of the first collection (in order to be successful, you might have to leave New York City), but this one talks about being influenced by NYC and not leaving it. It was very enjoyable.

Currently Reading: I Dreamed I Was a Very Clean Tramp by Richard Hell: I'm into it so far.

Year: 61/30

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
I think that I'm officially calling it a year. I just started a book, but I don't think that I'll be finishing it by the end of the year. So here's the run down of the all the books that I've read.

1) This Song Will Save Your Life
2) The Best Film You've Never Seen
3) I Wear the Black Hat
4) Difficult Men
5) Fresh Off the Boat
6) The Sports Gene
7) On Booze
8) S.
9) The Flamethrowers
10) A Game of Thrones
11) Of Dice and Men
12) Goodbye to All That
13) Jim Henson: The Biography
14) Mo Metta Blues
15) Orfeo
16) The Goldfinch
17) Freedom
18) In Cold Blood
19) This Side of Paradise
20) Rules of Civility
21) The Brooklyn Follies
22) Elanor & Park
23) Winger
24) Curveball
25) Will Grayson, Will Grayson
26) MFA vs NYC
27) The Best American Sports Writing 2013
28) The Best American Sports Writing 2008
29) Lost and Found: Stories from New York
30) Going Clear
31) The Bobby Gold Stories
32) The Rules of Attraction
33) Paper Towns
34) What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding
35) The Blazing World
36) We Are Not Ourselves
37) All the Light We Cannot See
38) The Empathy Exams
39) Insatiable: A Porn Love Story
40) The Possibilities
41) Delancey
42) Annihilation
43) Authority
44) Gone Girl
45) Acceptance
46) Naked Lunch
47) Sou Chef
48) Something Wicked This Way Comes
49) The Tao of the Wu
50) The Wolf of Wall Street
51) Wild
52) Redeployment
53) I Don't Know Where You Know Me From
54) 10:04
55) Bambi vs Godzilla
56) Into the Wild
57) The Museum of Extraordinary Things
58) Creepers
59) Badass Ultimate Deathmatch
60) Shotgun Lovesongs
61) Never Can Say Goodbye
62) I Dreamed I Was a Very Clean Tramp
63) The Best American Sports Writing 2014

Year:63/63
Page Average: 340
Day Average: 6

Looks like I'll be upping my goal next year.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

AreYouStillThere posted:

Real life got in the way and I haven't been around this thread much. I think someone else should make the thread for next year. I did finish my edited goal of 52. I lowered it after Worm took me like 3 months, but I highly recommend it if you have the time.

I'll take care of that, if you don't mind closing this one down later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Stravinsky posted:

Hmmmmmmm if you come at the king you best not miss

Naw. Go ahead and make the thread. I didn't realize you offered to make it first.

• Locked thread