Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Think I'll go for 40 books or 20,000 pages, like last year. Out of 45 books last year only 3 were women authors, down from 4 out of 42 the year before, so I'll follow what many in this thread are doing and really ramp that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

JANUARY
1. Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang
2. A Hat Full of Sky - Terry Pratchett
3. Journey to the West: Volume 1 - Wu Cheng'en (translated by W.J.F. Jenner)

Slightly slower start than I hoped but things are picking up now.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Augster posted:

JANUARY
1. Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang
2. A Hat Full of Sky - Terry Pratchett
3. Journey to the West: Volume 1 - Wu Cheng'en (translated by W.J.F. Jenner)

February
4. Journey to the West: Volume 2
5. Journey to the West: Volume 3

One more volume left but it'll have to wait til after :words: of Radiance.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Augster posted:

February
4. Journey to the West: Volume 2
5. Journey to the West: Volume 3

March
6. Journey to the West: Volume 4 - Wu Cheng'en (translated by W.J.F. Jenner)
Finally finished! I'm surprised I managed to stick with it, considering how repetitive it was. Overall it was pretty enjoyable and funny, in fact some of the humor reminded me of Discworld.

7. Words of Radiance - Brandon Sanderson
Even better than The Way of Kings! There were more high points scattered throughout the book... which meant that instead of casually reading the first 3/4 then powering through the last quarter like with most Sanderson books, I powered through this one in two sittings. And Lift's interlude was awesome, gently caress the haters.

• Locked thread