Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Since I read digitally and I was never a fan of reading goals that was a book count I'm going to go ahead and pledge to read 25000 pages as measured by Calibre. Should equate to about 60ish books or something.

EDIT: Goodreads

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

1. Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein [286 pgs]

Much much better than the movie (which was much much better than it had any right to be). A little dated in some of it's lingo but it's look into the future was pretty awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

286/25000

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Last Update: 286/25000

2. The Subtle Knife - Phillip Pullman [343pgs]
3. The Amber Compass - Phillip Pullman [545pgs]
All in all both books were meh, didn't quite compare to the first, especially with the abrupt change in protagonist to someone who (understandably) is bland.

4. Elantris - Brandon Sanderson [750pgs]
My first foray into the world of Sanderson, I understand why he has such a following. Interesting book, especially for his first published though with a few flaws. Notable some pacing and characterization. But none the less a worthwhile read.

Total: 1924/25000 or 7.7%

• Locked thread