Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Gonna do 30 this year. :ohdear: I'm going to try to get through as much of my free Kindle book backlog as possible, so lots of classics and things I should have read earlier. Goodreads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I completely forgot about this thread. :downs:

My goal for this year is 30 books, I'm behind but summer's coming up, so.
1. A Feast for Crows by GRRM - didn't hate it like the Internet would make you believe and I actually liked Brienne's chapters so hey
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - very quiet kind of book but extremely well-written. I liked how the book was formatted and despite the fact that the narrator really goes kind of overboard describing the characters it all comes together in a way that works. I dunno, I can't really describe it.
3. Carrie by Stephen King - page-turner. Not exactly high literature but I appreciated reliving the 90s :D
4. Who Should be First? Feminists Speak Out on the 2008 Campaign - collection of essays written by feminists and womanists regarding their thoughts on Hillary and Barack; it's really nothing I'm unfamiliar with but I suppose it'd be more interesting for those who don't do a lot of essay reading (it's me, I'm the broken one that reads essays for fun)
5. Native American Religious Identity: Unforgotten Gods - anthology edited by Jace Weaver (Cherokee) that collects essays about the connections between traditional Amerindian beliefs, Christianity, feminism, imperialism, etc.
6. The Problem of the Green Capsule - John Dickson Carr; good read, very tricky plot twist; read it as part of the Let's Read Mystery Fiction thread here in TBB, which you guys should totally join!

I'm currently reading Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (the wait list at the library was really long okay) and The Crooked House by Agatha Christie as part of the aforementioned thread.

I hope these are all book enough to count. :ohdear:

• Locked thread