Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
h34rts
Aug 3, 2012

I drink coffee because
I need it and I drink gin
because I deserve it.
Lipstick Apathy
I believe I will begin with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock novels/short stories ... I'll set a hypothetical goal of 30 books for the year - and see how that pans out ... :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

h34rts
Aug 3, 2012

I drink coffee because
because I deserve it.
Lipstick Apathy
Almost finished with book 1 - A Study in Scarlet - e-reader died :smith:

also, goodreads profiles here!

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/22855121-le-manda

h34rts
Aug 3, 2012

I drink coffee because
because I deserve it.
Lipstick Apathy
Still working my way through Arthur Conan Doyle ... I don't feel that a 40 page book really counts as a book, but I figure reading is reading, so it kinda counts.

Also, it feels weird reading a book and not writing a paper on it ... or is that just me?

h34rts
Aug 3, 2012

I drink coffee because
because I deserve it.
Lipstick Apathy
Got a snazzy Kindle handed down to me, complete with awesome books... working on Sign of Four currently ... aw yeah.

h34rts
Aug 3, 2012

I drink coffee because
because I deserve it.
Lipstick Apathy
Just finished Sign of Four... I'm slacking on my reading ... time to pick up the pace. :toot:

h34rts
Aug 3, 2012

I drink coffee because
because I deserve it.
Lipstick Apathy
I am still working my way through Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Collection ... it's fabulous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

h34rts
Aug 3, 2012

I drink coffee because
because I deserve it.
Lipstick Apathy
Because I started reading these as individual books - I'm keeping up the count in this manner - I'm actually reading the collection now and listing them as I go. Because many of them are quite short, I'm going to wind up raising my goal (hypothetically speaking.)

Arthur Conan Doyle - Sherlock Holmes

January Books 5/30
1. A Study in Scarlet
2. The Adventure of the Bruce-Partington Plans
3. The Adventure of the Cardboard Box
4. The Sign of Four
5. The Hound of Baskervilles

February Books 8/30
6. The Valley of Fear
7. The Red Headed League
8. A Scandal in Bohemia

• Locked thread