Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm not in the OP but I did hit my goal of 52 books for 2013, I think I hit it on 12/26.

This year I am going for 60 books but we'll see how that goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I wound up going really heavy on graphic novels this month, but things will probably even out as I start digging into more ASOIAF books and other big books in my to-read pile.

01. Grant Morrison - Batman RIP
02. Dan Lockwood - HP Lovecraft Anthology II
03. Douglas Coupland - Player One
04. Ed Brubaker - Gotham Central book 2
05. Ed Brubaker - Gotham Central book 3
06. David Sedaris - Holidays on Ice
07. Ed Brubaker - Gotham Central book 4
08. Bill Willingham - Fables, volume 1
09. Bill Willingham - Fables, volume 2
10. Bill Willingham - Fables, volume 3
11. Dennis O'Neill - Batman: Venom
12. Derf Backderf - Punk Rock and Trailer Parks
13. Doug Moench - Batman: Prey

13/60

Yeaaaah, that's a lot of graphic novels. As far as Batman stuff goes, the Gotham Central series was fantastic, I'm sad there aren't more books. Prey and RIP were alright. Venom was probably the worst Batman book I've ever read. The Douglas Coupland book was interesting in its presentation, the Sedaris book was great although I've read most of those stories before in other books, and the HP Lovecraft thing wasn't as good as the first one but wasn't bad. Fables is a series that was recommended to me by a coworker - it's okay I guess, I was mostly interested because of the Telltale game series that came out based on it. I will probably read the rest of them at some point.

• Locked thread