Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Whizard
May 31, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

Considering how it's an early release, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go on PS+ or on sale for $10 later this year. Honestly, unless you really need something to play right now, or have never played tomb raider before, just wait until it goes free on PS+

Yeah $60 is asking a lot for this game if you've already played it. However, if you haven't. I would consider it. I just read an article on IGN saying the visuals surpass the PC version...I just replayed this game last week and I would say it's on par if not better than any of the Uncharted games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pews posted:

So I was excited to find out work was cancelled tomorrow due to snow, which means I'll get to play Don't Starve! But I have to ask, still being a PSN noob, is there a time when the updates usually happen? Need to plan my day accordingly, if possible.
For the NA region, the store starts to update at around 10:30am Pacific / 1:30pm Eastern and finishes by 2pm Pacific / 5pm Eastern

Don't Starve prices for those without PS+: US$14.99/€13.99/£11.99.

EU region: The only games known to come out tomorrow are Don't Starve and PS3 game MotoGP 13 Compact for €14.99.
EU PS+ members: This is the last day to get the PS4 game Contrast. Just like the NA store, you don't have to own a PS4 to obtain PS4 games. You can get them through the webstore. Contrast will be replaced by PS4 game Don't Starve: Console Version.

Everyone: this is the last day for the SingStar sale and these games on sale in the January sale (link to PS blog post with more details):

quote:

God of War: Ascension Was €39.99/AU$49.95/£29.99, now €24.79/AU$30.96/£18.59 Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers
Puppeteer Was €39.99/AU$49.95/£24.99, now €19.99/AU$24.95/£15.99 Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers
F1 2013 Was €59.99/AU$69.95/£39.99, now €25.19/AU$29.95/£19.99 Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers
GRID 2 Was €59.99/AU$88.95/£47.99, now €19.19/AU$28.46/£15.35 Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers
Mass Effect 3 Was €19.99/AU$24.95/£15.99, now €7.99/AU$9.98/£6.39
Need for Speed Rivals Was €69.99/AU$99.95/£59.99, now €34.99/AU$49.97/£29.99
MotoGP 13 (PS3) Was €49.99/AU$69.95/£39.99, now €19.99/AU$27.98/£15.99 Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers
MotoGP 13 (PS Vita) Was €34.99/AU$47.95/£29.99, now €15.04/AU$20.61/£12.89 Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Complete Pack (Not available in Turkey) Was €19.99/AU$29.95/£15.99, now €9.99/AU$14.97/£7.99 Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers
Assassin’s Creed Revelations Was €14.99/AU$17.95/£10.99, now €10.04/AU$12.02/£7.36 Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers
Assassin’s Creed III Classic Edition Was €29.99/AU$43.95/£23.99, now €14.99/AU$21.97/£11.99 Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers
Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (PS Vita) Was €29.99/AU$39.95/£24.99, now €14.99/AU$19.97/£12.49 Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Ularg posted:

I want to have Tomb Raider for my PS4, but man at $60 I might as well wait.
Yeah I played it on PC and was looking forward to double dipping on the PS4 but not for 60 bux. I'll wait for this to drop significantly which shouldn't take long.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
During the CES Keynote, Andrew House announced information on PlayStation Now, the cloud-based gaming platform based on Gaikai.

Games from PSone, PS2, and PS3 will be available through PS4, PS3, Vita, TVs, tablets, and smartphones.
At CES, they'll have a demonstration of PSNow on Bravia TVs and Vitas. The games on demo are The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls
With PS Now, they want to give a rental and subscription service to streaming games.
PS Now will be on closed beta in United States at the end of this month, and is planned to come out this summer.

They also planning to roll out a cloud-based TV service this year, with live TV, video-on-demand, and DVR features. They promise you can seemlessly switch between different devices. Testing for all this will start in the United States later this year.

More to come if anything else related to SEN/PSN new gets announced.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Pretty disappointed that we got DmC instead of BSI... would have liked an excuse to play through the game again, get some trophies this time.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Bioshock Infinite came out less than a year ago. A AAA title for free like that is a good value no matter your quibble with the gameplay. I mean, compare that to the free games for the Xbox right now: Gears of War and Halo 2

Is the Golden Abyss worth downloading for the vita? If it's anything like how poorly AssCreed: Liberation was made, I'd just rather save the space for another game.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Thundercracker posted:

Is the Golden Abyss worth downloading for the vita? If it's anything like how poorly AssCreed: Liberation was made, I'd just rather save the space for another game.

I've played and enjoyed all the UC games, including GA, and it's definitely worth downloading, playing, and deleting.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

Updates by email:

Very posh, I do like this.

Hold the phone. Did I miss something? How do I sign up for this amazing email?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Raspberry Bang posted:

Hold the phone. Did I miss something? How do I sign up for this amazing email?
From the OP...

Yechezkel posted:

:russo: I'm now mirroring important posts to a Wordpress blog: http://psnupdates.wordpress.com
and RSS: http://psnupdates.wordpress.com/feed/
Priority will be this thread first, then mirrored to them.

Then you can click on "Follow" on the bottom-right of the page to get every post to your e-mail.

Crows Turn Off fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 7, 2014

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Thundercracker posted:

Bioshock Infinite came out less than a year ago. A AAA title for free like that is a good value no matter your quibble with the gameplay. I mean, compare that to the free games for the Xbox right now: Gears of War and Halo 2

Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider: Guardian of Light actually

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

Crows Turn Off posted:

From the OP...

Then you can click on "Follow" on the bottom-right of the page to get every post to your e-mail.

I feel stupid because I'm not seeing "follow" anywhere. Do you need a word press account?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Thundercracker posted:

Absolutely. The people who made it made it as well as they possibly could have and even improve on Naughty Dog's formula in one or two areas; specifically, every tiny little trinket you find has a story behind it, which I loved.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

zenintrude posted:

Pretty disappointed that we got DmC instead of BSI... would have liked an excuse to play through the game again, get some trophies this time.

Well... just wait two weeks. It'll be free on the 21st.

(14th is Brothers, 28th is a Vita game, it seems)

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

SaxMaverick posted:

I feel stupid because I'm not seeing "follow" anywhere. Do you need a word press account?
I don't have an account. It's just a little pop-up in the corner that says "+Follow", not part of the actual page.

Maybe it's using a script or something that your browser isn't using? Not sure.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Speedball posted:

Absolutely. The people who made it made it as well as they possibly could have and even improve on Naughty Dog's formula in one or two areas; specifically, every tiny little trinket you find has a story behind it, which I loved.

That's actually somewhat interesting! I got turned off by the gunplay early in the game but maybe it'll be worth it to try again.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crows Turn Off posted:

I don't have an account. It's just a little pop-up in the corner that says "+Follow", not part of the actual page.

It didn't work on Chrome for me either, not sure why, I disabled a few plugins but never got it to show up right. I ultimately accessed the site with IE and that worked.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So it looks like no PS1 emulation on the PS4? :sigh:

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

Ularg posted:

Not sure if you mean native in the PS4 like it was for PS3 or what but they've specifically mentioned that PS1 is part of Playstation Now.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Ularg posted:

This has been known since the word go.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

Crows Turn Off posted:

I've only been checking on my phone, I'm an idiot. Thanks!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

univbee posted:

It didn't work on Chrome for me either, not sure why, I disabled a few plugins but never got it to show up right. I ultimately accessed the site with IE and that worked.

I got it to work in Chrome just now, although I didn't see the +Follow earlier for whatever reason.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

Thundercracker posted:

I really enjoyed Golden Abyss actually. Enough to get the platinum on it, even. It really does feel like an Uncharted game in the tone and characters.

I found I liked the gunplay a lot more when I turned the tilt sensitivity or whatever it is called wayyy down. I used it to fine tune my aim rather than to actually move my aim significantly and I liked that much more.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

ChetReckless posted:

It really does feel like an Uncharted game in the tone and characters.

Not sure if this is a spoiler, but it has Sully and that's enough to make any game worth playing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Don't Starve is up in the store but it's showing as $14.99 for me right now instead of free. Get it sorted Sony I don't get that many snow days as an adult :mad:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

13/f/cali posted:

That's actually somewhat interesting! I got turned off by the gunplay early in the game but maybe it'll be worth it to try again.

There's an adjustment period that everyone goes through on Golden Abyss. Honestly, the Vita thread has seen a bunch of people all saying the same thing. It starts with "the controls are a bit odd" and then a few levels later it's "why don't all shooters control like this?". Happened so many times. Stick with it, and learn to embrace the tilt aiming for fine tuning shots, it really is the best drat thing.

Yechezkel posted:

They also planning to roll out a cloud-based TV service this year, with live TV, video-on-demand, and DVR features. They promise you can seemlessly switch between different devices. Testing for all this will start in the United States later this year.

This went uncommented on, but Sony just hosed the Xbone. The media features on the Xbone, which suck balls anyway, were part of the justification for the higher price and shitter gaming capabilities. If Sony offers a better service, and video-on demand and DVR will be better, then yeah they just buried the competition.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Yechezkel posted:

EU region: The only games known to come out tomorrow are Don't Starve and PS3 game MotoGP 13 Compact for €14.99.

Any idea (in GMT) what time the EU region shop updates?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

rabidsquid posted:

Don't Starve is up in the store but it's showing as $14.99 for me right now instead of free. Get it sorted Sony I don't get that many snow days as an adult :mad:

Looks like it's sorted, properly showing as free now.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Yechezkel posted:

During the CES Keynote, Andrew House announced information on PlayStation Now, the cloud-based gaming platform based on Gaikai.

Games from PSone, PS2, and PS3 will be available through PS4, PS3, Vita, TVs, tablets, and smartphones.
At CES, they'll have a demonstration of PSNow on Bravia TVs and Vitas. The games on demo are The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls
With PS Now, they want to give a rental and subscription service to streaming games.
PS Now will be on closed beta in United States at the end of this month, and is planned to come out this summer.

More to come if anything else related to SEN/PSN new gets announced.

Of course I want to stream PS3 games on my PS3, what a fantastic idea. :downs:

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Krad posted:

I'd love being able to demo games without spending 30gb+ of bandwidth, clogging up my drive, and wasting HOURS of my time just to play for 60 minutes. So yeah, I can see a use for this.

EDIT: Dammit, DmC is up on the free games section, but still has its normal price tag. Guess I have to wait a bit longer. :saddowns:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Krad posted:

might be cool as a pseudo-rental service in that regard depending on prices.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Looks like it's sorted, properly showing as free now.

I see DmC and Don't Starve as free now as well.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
When I put Don't Starve in my cart despite it saying free it was still $14.99 on the checkout screen. No problems grabbing DMC though. I'm in no rush on Don't Starve since I don't have a PS4 yet.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

try again, sometimes it takes a couple times to show up as free at checkout.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yeah it does that. Saw Don't Starve as free, logged in so I could buy it and it went completely off the free games list until I refreshed the page.

Downloading Don't Starve, DmC and I'm going to go play on my 360 while I wait. Hell yeah video games. :cool:

Told my PS4 to start automatically downloading it from my PC. Is there any way to see when it is finished from the download queue?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Ularg posted:

Yeah it does that. Saw Don't Starve as free, logged in so I could buy it and it went completely off the free games list until I refreshed the page.

Downloading Don't Starve, DmC and I'm going to go play on my 360 while I wait. Hell yeah video games. :cool:

Told my PS4 to start automatically downloading it from my PC. Is there any way to see when it is finished from the download queue?

It will say Playable (or disappearing from your queue) instead of Downloading.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Don't Starve's implementation seems very good so far. I was worried since it said "console edition" it might be missing content, but so far it seems like everything is there, and it controls well. Awesome pick up for free.

loving tall bird.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Geokinesis posted:

Any idea (in GMT) what time the EU region shop updates?

I don't follow that too closely because it usually happens when I'm asleep, but I want to say between 12pm to 2pm GMT.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Video of PS Now demo in action. Some latency is shown here.

PS Blog put up an article about PS Now. No prices were given out or confirmed.

For now, only PS3 games will be available through PS Now.

This says save files from PS Now games can be available through any PS Now supported device. I don't know if this means PS Now can read save files on a console or cloud storage, or if it has a separate save file in wherever the game is streaming from.
Trophies and friends lists will be available through PS Now.

The recommended internet connection speed to use PS Now is 5Mbps.

For supported Bravia TVs, you'll need a DualShock 3 registered with it to play PS Now games.

More details on the beta will be coming soon. I hope the beta is not only for PS4 owners.

==========

Full store update coming soon.

Dokuro got a price drop all the way down to $2.99.
Earth Defense Force 2017 is on sale for the millionth time for $14.99. Just make it a price drop already, D3.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 8, 2014

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Yechezkel posted:

Dokuro got a price drop all the way down to $2.99.

That makes sense. It recently came out on the App Store for $0.99, and while a big name game like Angry Birds might get away with a huge mark up on consoles, Dokuru is in a different league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

That makes sense. It recently came out on the App Store for $0.99, and while a big name game like Angry Birds might get away with a huge mark up on consoles, Dokuru is in a different league.

Is it any good?

• Locked thread