Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I played it on a Wii and it was fine. I prefer it over Lego Batman 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I read a goofy interview where both Chris Evans and the Russo Bros played the Captain America game and based a lot of his Winter Soldier fight choreography on that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

I read a goofy interview where both Chris Evans and the Russo Bros played the Captain America game and based a lot of his Winter Soldier fight choreography on that.

...as one of the 7 people who 1000/1000'ed that game, I can kind of see that, actually.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

There's one or two moves the Hulk does in the Norton movie that are straight out of the Hulk: Ultimate Destruction game (which is excellent BTW)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

There's one or two moves the Hulk does in the Norton movie that are straight out of the Hulk: Ultimate Destruction game (which is excellent BTW)

I seriously almost cheered when he used a car as boxing gloves. So great.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dacap posted:

That game is criminally underrated really, especially considering how it was basically the template for Prototype and to a lesser extent Infamous.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

mind the walrus posted:

That game is criminally underrated really, especially considering how it was basically the template for Prototype and to a lesser extent Infamous.

I wanna play that game just for this mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KI3dGzRl5g&t=132s

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm going to argue right here that Hulk UD is the best superhero game ever made, at the very least in terms of adapting a character.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm going to argue right here that Hulk UD is the best superhero game ever made, at the very least in terms of adapting a character.

I agree. Most people give that credit to Spider-Man 2 but this was a much better game overall, and more fun to free roam smashing poo poo in.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Arkham Asylum/City doesn't get a mention? I mean I'm not the world's biggest Batman fan but really?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

mind the walrus posted:

Arkham Asylum/City doesn't get a mention? I mean I'm not the world's biggest Batman fan but really?

This is what I was going to ask. I mean, yeah, UD is unquestionable fun, but is it more accurate to the character of Hulk than AA is to Batman?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I think they're both extremely accurate, but AA/AC has a level of polish and top-tier talent (Rocksteady, Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill) that even a truly great game like H:UD can't match.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

I think they're both extremely accurate, but AA/AC has a level of polish and top-tier talent (Rocksteady, Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill) that even a truly great game like H:UD can't match.

Hey, Ultimate Destruction has Ron Perlman and the cast from the awesome 90's Hulk cartoon.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I'd certainly put UD over Spiderman 2, especially since the latter has aged horribly. The swing mechanics are still fun but everything else about the game is bland and tedious.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I hated the bosses in UD.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

mind the walrus posted:

Oversaturation of the brand and Origins' release has made people turn on those games like crazy, despite their objective quality.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd say it's
City>Asylum>Hulk>Saints Row IV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>other stuff

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'd still play Hulk UD over City and Asylum any day of the week. Not that Hulk is without problems, but as far as messing around in an open world, it's unparalleled.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think people don't mention Batman mostly because the games are so highly regarded they're not given the "for a superhero game" moniker. Hulk:UD or Spider-Man 2 or whatever are heavily flawed games that fall firmly into into that category while Batman games are generally well regarded enough to not need it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Asylum was an incredible game, it's true. I stand by what I said.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Asylum was awesome, but City kinda tripped over its own feet (and being Joker 2: The Jokening).

Infamous is the best superhero game, though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Infamous 2 does have one of the best climaxes, in that it feels like a superhero move, complete with random bystanders yelling poo poo like "Go, Electric Man!"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

OK, LEGO batman 3 has over 150 characters, including Adam West as a kind of Stan Lee fill in. You can also play as '66 Batman, and there is a '66 Batman themed level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRLsBeKCzQ

Also, Bat-cow, Krypto, & Frankenstein among others.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CzarChasm posted:

OK, LEGO batman 3 has over 150 characters, including Adam West as a kind of Stan Lee fill in. You can also play as '66 Batman, and there is a '66 Batman themed level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRLsBeKCzQ

Also, Bat-cow, Krypto, & Frankenstein among others.
Adam West also better be able to turn into the Grey Ghost too :argh:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

For anyone who is interested, there is a huge sale going on right now on steam for all WB Games through Monday

Arkham Origins and Injustice GOTY for 7.50 apiece

Asylum, City, & BlackGate all GOTY and all for $5 each

Scribblenauts: Unmasked, Lego Marvel, and Lego Batman 1 & 2, all $5 each

So if you haven't picked these up yet, no better time.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CzarChasm posted:

Lego Marvel, and Lego Batman 1 & 2, all $5 each

:aaaaa:

that's amazing. It was still up in the 30s during the summer sale.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Aside from the stupid races it's also really fun, and simultaneously one of the best Lego and best Marvel games.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The new Lego Batman game will have an Arrow specific DLC pack.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The new Lego Batman game will have an Arrow specific DLC pack.

And Detective Chimp.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm surprised they haven't just gone ahead and made an Arrow game by now.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

I'm surprised they haven't just gone ahead and made an Arrow game by now.

Copy the Arkham/Mordor style of fighting and I'm sold.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

Copy the Arkham/Mordor style of fighting and I'm sold.

Just make sure to tack on a "you have failed this city" to the end of every combo arm breaker.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Just make sure to tack on a "you have failed this city" to the end of every combo arm breaker.

It should be its own button, really. Then again I still lament that no Batman game yet has had a context-sensitive command to shout things like

code:
I am vengeance, I am the [i]night[/i], I AM BATMAN!
MY PARENTS ARE DEEEAAAAAAD!
Time to bring down the Hammers of Justice!
DARKNESS / NO PARENTS / SUPER RICH / KINDA MAKES IT BETTER

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

McSpanky posted:

It should be its own button, really. Then again I still lament that no Batman game yet has had a context-sensitive command to shout things like

code:
I am vengeance, I am the [i]night[/i], I AM BATMAN!
MY PARENTS ARE DEEEAAAAAAD!
Time to bring down the Hammers of Justice!
DARKNESS / NO PARENTS / SUPER RICH / KINDA MAKES IT BETTER

unlockable AzBats mode where pressing the button causes you to externalize your perpetually-ongoing batshit monologue for a second or as long as the button is held down.

"THE NIGHT SCREAMS IN MY THROAT LIKE A RAZOR BLADE OF ICE, SLICKED IN THE BLOOD OF THE CITY'S HAWK-EYED TORNADO HOWLING IN THE ABYSS OF THE SHADOWS OF LIFE AND DEATH THAT CALL OUT LIKE..."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Man with these kinds of demands we're going to end up working poor Kevin Conroy to death. :smith:

It'd probably be worth it though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

LvK posted:

unlockable AzBats mode where pressing the button causes you to externalize your perpetually-ongoing batshit monologue for a second or as long as the button is held down.

"THE NIGHT SCREAMS IN MY THROAT LIKE A RAZOR BLADE OF ICE, SLICKED IN THE BLOOD OF THE CITY'S HAWK-EYED TORNADO HOWLING IN THE ABYSS OF THE SHADOWS OF LIFE AND DEATH THAT CALL OUT LIKE..."
Zur-En-Arrh Batman complete with Bat-mite companion.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lego Batman 3's gonna own.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Oh my loving god is that a Duck Dodgers reference

is that a loving Duck Dodgers reference in my Lego Batman

I need this game like I need water

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Oh my loving god is that a Duck Dodgers reference

is that a loving Duck Dodgers reference in my Lego Batman

I need this game like I need water

According to Polygon, Conan O'Brien is a playable character too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not that I mind in the slightest because it's Conan, but what on earth has Conan ever done related to Batman or Legos? Despite being a golden god because of his contributions to golden age Simpsons, he's actually not that much of a nerd and never has been, it's more that nerds just happen to love him. At least with Duck Dodgers or Kevin Smith or something there's a precedent.

• Locked thread