Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

mind the walrus posted:

Not that I mind in the slightest because it's Conan, but what on earth has Conan ever done related to Batman or Legos? Despite being a golden god because of his contributions to golden age Simpsons, he's actually not that much of a nerd and never has been, it's more that nerds just happen to love him. At least with Duck Dodgers or Kevin Smith or something there's a precedent.

He had Bruce Timm create him a character and put it in Young Justice episodes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YexS8c7phF0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_D7pMxIXTQ

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Not that I mind in the slightest because it's Conan, but what on earth has Conan ever done related to Batman or Legos? Despite being a golden god because of his contributions to golden age Simpsons, he's actually not that much of a nerd and never has been, it's more that nerds just happen to love him. At least with Duck Dodgers or Kevin Smith or something there's a precedent.

You really don't like Conan huh?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yes, that's why I said:

mind the walrus posted:

Not that I mind in the slightest because it's Conan

You must be great at lit. analysis.

RevKrule posted:

He had Bruce Timm create him a character and put it in Young Justice episodes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YexS8c7phF0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_D7pMxIXTQ

That's cute, I guess.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

For those wondering, here is what's included in the Arrow DLC pack for Lego Batman 3.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-dlc-pack-coming-for-lego-batman-3/19305

In short it's not just Stephen Amell as Lego Arrow. You also get all the other cast members.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Not that I mind in the slightest because it's Conan, but what on earth has Conan ever done related to Batman or Legos?
Homer there's a man here who thinks he can help you.

Batman?

No, he's a scientist.

Batman's a scientist.

It's not Batman.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 13, 2014

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Conan is a nerd. He just doesn't consume the same pop culture as the Comic-Con crowd.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lobok posted:

Conan is a nerd. He just doesn't consume the same pop culture as the Comic-Con crowd.

Yeah that's fair.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Conan has done a ton of stuff with DC animation the last few years, because they're on the same lot.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

For those wondering, here is what's included in the Arrow DLC pack for Lego Batman 3.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-dlc-pack-coming-for-lego-batman-3/19305

In short it's not just Stephen Amell as Lego Arrow. You also get all the other cast members.

I'm confused as to what Felicity will do. Do the Lego games have a button for "awkward yet humorous comments"?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

TwoPair posted:

I'm confused as to what Felicity will do. Do the Lego games have a button for "awkward yet humorous comments"?

Actually, yes.

And there'll probably be computery-hacky stuff too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, technology usage is usually a skill in the games. She would probably have generic punches otherwise.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Also, they made a special one time use Flaming C skin for Injustice just for his show:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zE1gLNs54Q at about 4:30

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hahaha, did Young Justice seriously have Superman struggle with the weight of a bus? What a terrible cartoon.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Hahaha, did Young Justice seriously have Superman struggle with the weight of a bus? What a terrible cartoon.
The kids were on their way to fat camp.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

The Timm cartoons did this too you know, then came up with that silly World of Cardboard thing to explain it that everyone thinks is Superman canon now.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lurdiak posted:

Hahaha, did Young Justice seriously have Superman struggle with the weight of a bus?

Uh, did you mean SuperBOY?
:goonsay:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

The Timm cartoons did this too you know, then came up with that silly World of Cardboard thing to explain it that everyone thinks is Superman canon now.

What's especially rich about the World of Cardboard thing is that the guy who wrote it wasn't even a Superman fan and was grasping at anything he could find on the character. I'm all for outsider interpretation but come on.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Lurdiak posted:

Naw. Superboy struggles with everything because he is a brooding, cloned rear end in a top hat.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

What is this "World of Cardboard" thing?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

ThermoPhysical posted:

What is this "World of Cardboard" thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etPYl1OQoqk

It's from the finale of JLU (which is essentially the finale of the DCAU entirely).

Also Superman gets his poo poo wrecked a few seconds after that

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 14, 2014

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I believe Conan is the narrator for the game. I may have misread though.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etPYl1OQoqk

It's from the finale of JLU (which is essentially the finale of the DCAU entirely).

Also Superman gets his poo poo wrecked a few seconds after that

Well Darkseid does cheat... pullin' some "Agony Matrix" that nobody's ever heard of and he's never used out of his rear end.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
That Spider-Man unlimited game is pretty fun if you're in the market for a runner where you unlock lots of different Spider-Man costumes, like the best Spider-Man costume; Scarlet Spider.

Can't be arsed to do play store and windows phone and iOs links, so Polygon will suffice.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/22/7040855/spider-man-unlimited-play-this-now

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I really hate Batman's super armored look in the Arkham games. It just keeps getting more and more robotic. I love the Year One skin in City and Long Halloween in Origins.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If you weren't playing with the animated series skin you were playing wrong.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Red Son Batman for Origins.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

The animated series skin doesn't really jive with the rear end-Breaker Batman of the Arkham games.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Red Son Batman for Origins.

It is kinda fitting, isn't it?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

If you weren't playing with the animated series Neal Adams skin you were playing wrong.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Firstborn posted:

I really hate Batman's super armored look in the Arkham games. It just keeps getting more and more robotic. I love the Year One skin in City and Long Halloween in Origins.

Same here, I just got Injustice and I hate almost all the default costumes. Everyone is unnecessarily armored and over designed. It's the worst of people like flash who should be streamlined and not bulky like that. Even Joker had armored shoulder braces.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It just seems like someone in the DC/WB game division has a boner for armored Flash, seeing as they did the same thing for DCU:O.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mind the walrus posted:

What's especially rich about the World of Cardboard thing is that the guy who wrote it wasn't even a Superman fan and was grasping at anything he could find on the character. I'm all for outsider interpretation but come on.

Dwayne McDuffie was not a fan of Superman?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

I bet he's never read a comic in his life.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lurdiak posted:

I bet he's never read a comic in his life.

Not even the ones he wrote?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

It would explain his adaptation of All-Star.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Batman Beyond or bust, son. :colbert:

(I really wish the Beyond suit would've actually shrunk Batman to be, y'know, smaller, like Terry is supposed to be, but I know video games are hard work and it'd be tough making a whole new character model.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Batman Beyond or bust, son. :colbert:

(I really wish the Beyond suit would've actually shrunk Batman to be, y'know, smaller, like Terry is supposed to be, but I know video games are hard work and it'd be tough making a whole new character model.)

Man the Frank Miller suit was way stockier, they just half assed the Beyond one. It also really should've been cartoon-styled like the animated series one. Instead it just looked like a really creepy batman-themed S&M outfit.

"The safe word is Bruce McMuscles"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Man the Frank Miller suit was way stockier, they just half assed the Beyond one. It also really should've been cartoon-styled like the animated series one. Instead it just looked like a really creepy batman-themed S&M outfit.

"The safe word is Bruce McMuscles"

They did do one thing right and removed the cape, then had his little underarm wings pop out when you were gliding. That was so cool :allears:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TwoPair posted:

They did do one thing right and removed the cape, then had his little underarm wings pop out when you were gliding. That was so cool :allears:

Yeah, it was freaking radical. If they'd done the rest of the suit right I probably would have used it even more than the animated series one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, Bruce wore the Beyond suit in that show's pilot movie, which I think is the justification for why the basic model's the same as the regular Batman. It's not supposed to be Terry in the suit.

• Locked thread