Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
By the way, I think Rarity totally deserved that win during the endurance challenge. Especially after she mentioned twisting her ankle during it and still not missing a 5 minute interval. That influenced my vote more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I still can't believe that actually went on for seven hours.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Uniballer posted:

I think I said it in the event that you won the veto. Who would you have evicted had you won? I said it in one of my confessionals, but you told me you would vote out Rarity after I won the HOH. Was that true?

Oh, that was a total lie. I thought you were planning on taking Asiina to final two, and so I told you what I thought you wanted to hear. Probably my most naked lie of the game.

The man called M posted:

You all kept Meinberg around for entertainment purposes didn't you? :crossarms:

I was totally the goat, but the goat bit back!

mr.capps posted:

I still can't believe that actually went on for seven hours.

I wasn't even tired, physically. I was just so utterly drained mentally. When Chen Bot came up, I just couldn't do it. I was out of ideas. The Moon Men ended me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

XyloJW posted:

By the way, I think Rarity totally deserved that win during the endurance challenge. Especially after she mentioned twisting her ankle during it and still not missing a 5 minute interval. That influenced my vote more than anything.

When it first happened my vision was so blurry I could barely see, my head was swimming all over the place, I wanted to throw up and then I fainted and I still kept up my 3-minute post rate. Asii got it spot on in the jury house, I can get stubborn as hell and after that I knew no matter how long it took there was nothing that was gonna stop me. My foot is still one giant bruise.

I gotta admit I was running low on ideas but I knew I could keep coming up with sentences, they just weren't necessarily gonna be any funny. (Not that Capps thought they were funny in the first place)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The man called M posted:

You all kept Meinberg around for entertainment purposes didn't you? :crossarms:

That's actually kinda true. I kept Meinberg around because I needed loyal numbers for the final 7 backstab and I knew that he was telling me every single thing that he knew but we only got into that state because we clicked well and I loved poking fun at him (love ya, buddy). He's got a killer social game, and that's really the reason he won.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.

Meinberg posted:

Oh, that was a total lie. I thought you were planning on taking Asiina to final two, and so I told you what I thought you wanted to hear. Probably my most naked lie of the game.

And what a lie it was since it put Rarity in the position of having to evict Asiina who was my target all along.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Uniballer posted:

And what a lie it was since it put Rarity in the position of having to evict Asiina who was my target all along.

Not really, that whole thing was irrelevant cause of the Veto Competition.

That reminds me. Asii, were you telling the truth about forgetting there was a final 4 Veto? Cause I figured someone who watched BB so much wouldn't forget about such a major competition :(

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

It doesn't really matter. We all knew that I won the game Week 2. Everything afterwards was just formalities.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Meinberg posted:

It doesn't really matter. We all knew that I won the game Week 2. Everything afterwards was just formalities.

I tried to warn them about you Meinberg, I tried to warn them all.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.

Rarity posted:

Not really, that whole thing was irrelevant cause of the Veto Competition.

Shut up. You don't know anything, number 2

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

mr.capps posted:

I tried to warn them about you Meinberg, I tried to warn them all.

It doesn't matter. Time is a flat circle, and this is the pattern of my victory. I only win pool by making my opponent scratch on the eight.

Is this because I'm very bad at pool? Or is it because I am very good at pool? Both and neither.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Uniballer posted:

Shut up. You don't know anything, number 2

2 is closer than 3. How's that dripping knife wound? :smug:

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Rarity posted:

2 is closer than 3. How's that dripping knife wound? :smug:

Okay, I opened myself up to that one. It's typical of you to strike me where I'm most vulnerable. Where's your heart?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Uniballer posted:

Where's your heart?

I don't have one. I need go see the Wizard :(

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Uniballer posted:

Where's your heart?

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Rarity posted:

I don't have one. I need go see the Wizard :(

I need a brain, so I'll go with you too :(

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Really itching to hear what Kontour thought of how things ended up.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
On a scale of one to Rarity, how hard was everyone playing the game vs having fun with being around people and enjoying the ride if you will?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Veskit posted:

On a scale of one to Rarity, how hard was everyone playing the game vs having fun with being around people and enjoying the ride if you will?

I saw every word you said in the Viewers Vista :allears:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22QYriWAF-U

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Rarity posted:

I saw every word you said in the Viewers Vista :allears:

aaaannnnnndddd?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Veskit posted:

I'd have to put it at 7. The sexiest of all numbers.

I did do my best to win some of those competitions, and the endurance challenge got to be very unfun towards the end, though obviously not as bad for me as for Rarity. But generally speaking, I rode on my lack of agency. I sought to forge connections and say weird things in the thread, both because I enjoy doing so and because I thought it was a successful strategy.

And there were moments of real tension, moments when I was sweating, feeling the pressure, but in the end, I could not steer the ship, only offer navigation tips.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Veskit posted:

aaaannnnnndddd?

Eh, you can think what you like about me :)

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Rarity posted:

Eh, you can think what you like about me :)

At least you're not acting as if it's unjustified.

:smith:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
That reminds me, it cracks me up that Asiina asked Meinberg for a 500 word essay on why she was out, and he threw out like 70 words. I mean, what, like he's going to lose Asiina's vote?

You've gotta work hard to make Meinberg not poo poo out a big essay.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Veskit posted:

I took the challenges seriously but everything else the later.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

XyloJW posted:

That reminds me, it cracks me up that Asiina asked Meinberg for a 500 word essay on why she was out, and he threw out like 70 words. I mean, what, like he's going to lose Asiina's vote?

You've gotta work hard to make Meinberg not poo poo out a big essay.

I a proponent of quality over quantity. My words are so concentrated in their power that putting too many out at once can be dangerous to those around me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I also said in my exit interview (which holy poo poo reading back on that I was super sad) that I expected the longest victory speech ever from him and we've gotten barely anything.

You're letting me down on all counts. I want to change my vote!

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Meinberg, would you consider yourself insane, a genius, or both?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

I a proponent of quality over quantity.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I love that vote so much.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had forgotten how to make gifs since the beginning of the game so I had to relearn yesterday afternoon.

Also I put in a picture of Meinberg with his hero's journey image and he posted a different image in the thread about an hour before voting. It made me laugh a lot but I couldn't tell anybody.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I want to change my vote!

Yes, I like this plan. Let's do this. Any objections, JC? No? Good.

I win, everybody! We can all stop posting now :D

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

This is the best of all votes. And you'll notice that the only place where I was being especially verbose was in discussing a creative work that I was designing. I like preparing background material, is that too much? I say not!

The m'lady was ironic.

The man called M posted:

Meinberg, would you consider yourself insane, a genius, or both?

I'm definitely insane, I can't deny that. But I do have a certain feral cunning to my madness.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

I also said in my exit interview (which holy poo poo reading back on that I was super sad) that I expected the longest victory speech ever from him and we've gotten barely anything.

You're letting me down on all counts. I want to change my vote!

My victory speech was, again, not particularly verbose. It also wasn't my typical excellent quality. But it was from the heart. I really was altogether stunned at my victory. I'm still in a state of near shock, to tell the truth.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Veskit posted:

Probably like Rarity-1. I was playing the game extremely hard the whole time. I went all out in every competition (which was probably a mistake). I was strategizing basically constantly and trying to figure out what people would do, but for me end game I slacked off a little since I figured our alliance would stand and didn't seriously consider changing things up at final 5 or final 4 to get further. If I worked a little harder maybe I could have seen it coming sooner, but who knows.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Probably like Rarity-1. I was playing the game extremely hard the whole time. I went all out in every competition (which was probably a mistake). I was strategizing basically constantly and trying to figure out what people would do, but for me end game I slacked off a little since I figured our alliance would stand and didn't seriously consider changing things up at final 5 or final 4 to get further. If I worked a little harder maybe I could have seen it coming sooner, but who knows.

I still think we should have taken Xylo to the final 4 :colbert:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Asiina posted:

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. At least from reading the confessionals Rarity got in her own head pretty hard about you and thinking that you had a betrayal lined up, and sorta acted in the moment. Also from everyone saying it probably bit her in the end, I don't think anyone can really fault your play. Even if you changed up the final 4, then it was doubtful much would have been different.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

So that's that. Congrats Meinberg! I was actually hoping that JakeP wouldn't make it back in time because I was drat curious how y'all would handle a tiebreaker. That's why I voted for Rarity, since my feeling from the Jury Room was that it was pretty anti-Rarity in there. Though not as much as I thought since I wrote my vote assuming I'd be the only Rarity vote and that didn't pan out at all.

Ah well, it's been fun. I apologize again for not being able to give the game as much effort it deserved. On the other hand since I never actually got too emotionally invested in events my inevitable defeat didn't hurt as much as it might have under other circumstances. That something, I guess.

I've bumped into some of you in my usual hangouts and it'll be nice to keep in touch every now and again. Thanks for an enlightening experience!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I still think we should have taken Xylo to the final 4 :colbert:

I didn't know that people had already turned. I still thought we had a super awesome plan of Meinberg being your fake final 2 partner and Uni being mine, and so as long as we managed to not be put up together we could sail into final 3 and have a 2/3rds shot of getting to the finals.

And to be fair, it did sorta happen that way, so hard to blame them for my 4th place finish.

Also Rarity this is you and me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6rO3TGDAHs

• Locked thread