Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Veskit posted:

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. At least from reading the confessionals Rarity got in her own head pretty hard about you and thinking that you had a betrayal lined up, and sorta acted in the moment. Also from everyone saying it probably bit her in the end, I don't think anyone can really fault your play. Even if you changed up the final 4, then it was doubtful much would have been different.

The thing was we had been so in sync all game that when I first thought "Asii's my main competition", I figured she must have had the same thought. I think the final 5 veto ceremony showed she hadn't but at that point I'd considered the possibility too much to put it away :/ I was really hoping I could win the final 4 HOH so I could let things play out without me. I would have even thrown the veto so that whatever happened just happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Rarity posted:

I still think we should have taken Xylo to the final 4 :colbert:

This doesn't work when I can read your docs and confessionals!!

Although I did blame Asiina more, just because she kept it a secret when I was going to be nominated/saved and you actually let me know when you would be putting me up, which made me trust you more.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

The thing was we had been so in sync all game that when I first thought "Asii's my main competition", I figured she must have had the same thought. I think the final 5 veto ceremony showed she hadn't but at that point I'd considered the possibility too much to put it away :/ I was really hoping I could win the final 4 HOH so I could let things play out without me. I would have even thrown the veto so that whatever happened just happened.

Or the Final 5 nomination where I put up Uni to make you feel better even though you wouldn't even volunteer when I totally rigged pulling names out of a hat for you!

I was so ready to write a super angry confessional after that, but then you came back and we worked it out.

Honestly, at that moment I should have known you were wavering, but you apologized so I thought it was just a moment of insanity, since you were getting really paranoid at the end.

I meant what I said though in that I knew you were competition, but I also knew that we would have been seen as monsters for betraying each other, so we had no choice but to stick together through to the end. Look how right I was! :D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I didn't know that people had already turned. I still thought we had a super awesome plan of Meinberg being your fake final 2 partner and Uni being mine, and so as long as we managed to not be put up together we could sail into final 3 and have a 2/3rds shot of getting to the finals.

And to be fair, it did sorta happen that way, so hard to blame them for my 4th place finish.

Also Rarity this is you and me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6rO3TGDAHs

Yeah, your plan was solid. It really does suck to know that we were in position to be the first alliance to ever go from Day 1 all the way to the end and that I screwed it up :(

That video is :smith:/:3: as hell. Oh, I never had Extreme Ways playing during the jury phase (though I did chuck it on when the final vote hit 3-3), but this was the song I was listening to all day today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOboa27SHDE

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

XyloJW posted:

Although I did blame Asiina more, just because she kept it a secret when I was going to be nominated/saved and you actually let me know when you would be putting me up, which made me trust you more.

Yeah, Jake really blamed me more than hurt and capps for the same reason. I just found it hard to have those conversations, so I avoided them.

My first HOH was a total shitshow by the way. I honestly had no idea what I was doing and said the first two names that came into my head.

The others, yeah I probably could have said something. My bad.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
This is Meinberg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T2olgjnDWY

I'm sorry if you have real acne, Meiny.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

XyloJW posted:

There can totally be 5 people in my final 4!

Asiina posted:

Or the Final 5 nomination where I put up Uni to make you feel better even though you wouldn't even volunteer when I totally rigged pulling names out of a hat for you!

I was so ready to write a super angry confessional after that, but then you came back and we worked it out.

Honestly, at that moment I should have known you were wavering, but you apologized so I thought it was just a moment of insanity, since you were getting really paranoid at the end.

Yeah, that whole thing was just a mad scramble to try and make some kinda change so I could later go behind your back to save Xylo. It was the one time in the whole game I really got caught without a solid angle to work and the apology was to play it off as paranoia so you wouldn't figure out what I was really up to.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Uniballer posted:

It turns out that growing a beard is a good way of getting the oils out of your skin, and preventing the formation of acne. I had it pretty bad when I was like thirteen. But then by the time I was fourteen, I had the beard.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Oh, and this is my real theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlA1yyWVoGU

It's the best.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Uniballer posted:

Wait if we're going to turn this into the Canadian PSA thread then I have to post the best one. This is, uh, Capps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AuLkMBAFZg

(Xylo is the beet)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
When did it become 6:30am? Is this another endurance challenge? :ohdear:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Yeah, that whole thing was just a mad scramble to try and make some kinda change so I could later go behind your back to save Xylo. It was the one time in the whole game I really got caught without a solid angle to work and the apology was to play it off as paranoia so you wouldn't figure out what I was really up to.

I still don't think Xylo staying was a good idea, since he put us up in about 4 seconds a few days earlier! But whatever, it's hard to theorycraft afterwards since in the moment you're so caught up and you have no idea if anyone is doing what they said they're doing so you're just crazy with ideas. My strategy to combat that was to put my trust completely in one person and screw everyone else. If I started doubting Rarity I probably would have lost it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rarity posted:

Go to bed you silly Brit. You've earned your rest. Things will not disappear on the morrow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I still don't think Xylo staying was a good idea, since he put us up in about 4 seconds a few days earlier! But whatever, it's hard to theorycraft afterwards since in the moment you're so caught up and you have no idea if anyone is doing what they said they're doing so you're just crazy with ideas. My strategy to combat that was to put my trust completely in one person and screw everyone else. If I started doubting Rarity I probably would have lost it.

Yeah but at that point I thought we could play Meinberg and Xylo off each other on the grounds they wouldn't wanna go final 2 with the other. Actually, I guess I mean I could play, cause by that point I wasn't really working for the team any more :(

And that last bit is totally the right thing to do. We all saw what happened to me when I started doubting you.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.

Asiina posted:

Aha! That was such bullshit. It's cute now in retrospect with all the pictures you showed us, but so disingenuous and it makes me feel less guilty for putting you up.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Uniballer posted:

Aha! That was such bullshit. It's cute now in retrospect with all the pictures you showed us, but so disingenuous and it makes me feel less guilty for putting you up.

I needed an excuse to change my nominations to you instead of Meinberg, so I asked Rarity to volunteer to go up so I could go "oh my god you guys, you all volunteered. I can't choose! It's too much! I'm going to draw names out of a hat!" and so I told her to volunteer so I could do that and make it plausible and she was all "no I don't want to volunteer :mad:" which was so frustrating. So yeah, don't feel guilty about putting me up at all. Cause I was totally going to backstab you in the end anyway. Good job on moving first.

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I'm going to bed. I will post more if this is still here tomorrow. If it gets closed and put in its rightful place in the goldmine, then let me say one last thank you to Cena and the mods for the amazingly run game. You guys clearly put a lot of effort into it and it paid off.

Also thanks to everyone who played, this was a great experience and I hope to play more games with you nerds in the future. I will miss this terribly now that it's over.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
It'll still be here. I'll probably wait a week or something, so everyone can get in their comments.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Fine then, screw you.

More theories about what could have been to commence tomorrow.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I should put together a google doc, so we can all stay in touch. :getin:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Meinberg posted:

I would be down with that just because it feels weird not discussing the genius in a google doc.

Also Mein, the only thing I really feel guilty about is getting Toad killed and I want to apologize for kinda being behind the thing that force you to betray him. I was trying to make for an entertaining game but then you recently talked about how you didn't liked being force to do that and I felt sad.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mr.capps posted:

Also Mein, the only thing I really feel guilty about is getting Toad killed and I want to apologize for kinda being behind the thing that force you to betray him. I was trying to make for an entertaining game but then you recently talked about how you didn't liked being force to do that and I felt sad.

Ha! I knew you guys didn't realise the Toad backstab was my idea!

(Sorry, Meinberg)

Meinberg posted:

Yes! And each week we could vote one of us out to get rid people! If only there was some kind of game like that...

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Poor, poor Toadsmash. :(

If he was more active, then I probably would have lobbied more for his sake, but his sacrifice did bring about my great victory. I was able to prove my loyalty and usefulness to Asiina and Uniballer, which led to me getting switched over to their final four alliance, at least in part. And well, we saw how that turned out for them.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

mr.capps posted:

I really like how the viewers were watching the same shows we were watching (the genius and running man)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

preview of things to come

ALSO in a change of directions, i will be taking suggestions here! for the next awful survivor, what changes/suggestions/things would you like to see?

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 6, 2014

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
AHM illustrates everything that happens in the game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The role of the immunity idol is played by Hulkamatt

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Weekly mandatory Big Brother 10 synchtube parties.

I wish we kept those going :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Extreme Ways is used in shocking updates.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

John Cena posted:

ALSO in a change of directions, i will be taking suggestions here! for the next awful survivor, what changes/suggestions/things would you like to see?

Fixed Horse Race

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No QWOP.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

QWOP is great, and it led to the greatest moment of Awful Brother's early game.

The only part that I thought was rough was that puzzle where we had to call out coordinates in the thread. Too many people were involved and it caught to be a bit of a clusterfuck. It might be worthwhile to get some sort of IM functionality with all the players, to coordinate challenges of that nature, though I suppose google docs worked well enough for the similar challenge during the Final Three.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

John Cena posted:

preview of things to come

Ooh, cartoon JPEG Probst!

Let Poque find the hardest puzzles he can for a live challenge.

Have Ernie come up with another card game or have a giant game of poker with immunity as the prize.

Go retro. Highest score in Boomshine after 15 minutes.

Don't you dare take away QWOP. :) It's an Awful Survivor institution now.

And more hidden idols. They're always fun.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess if we've moved on from joke answers to real answers, I'd say that more challenges that are games. Quiz challenges are cool too, but my favourites were the ones where we had to do something like the QWOP one or the nightmare picture matching one I won veto with. I'm sure they require huge amounts of effort, but they're very fun to play.

Also I'm a lazy piece of poo poo who forgets to write confessionals or just doesn't know what to say. Giving a prompt, even just a couple of generic questions that could apply to anyone, would have made me write a lot more than I did.

And I'm super sad I missed the endurance challenge. I wish there was one earlier in the game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Endurance challenge in Survivor was a blast, but I wouldn't give specific prompts. Or maybe have some times where you can actually talk to each other - we were forbidden from talking to each other after a short while. I think if it were allowed, you'd see deals come out in desperation/tiredness.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Endurance challenge in Survivor was a blast, but I wouldn't give specific prompts. Or maybe have some times where you can actually talk to each other - we were forbidden from talking to each other after a short while. I think if it were allowed, you'd see deals come out in desperation/tiredness.

Yeah, I mean I was pretty upset that night, but I didn't read anything that they wrote. I might have paid more attention if they were left to their own devices. And I wasn't reading the forums through a stream of tears.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Poque posted:

I'd agree with that, the prompts were funny but I think the more pure endurance-like it is the better.

Sidenote: Who were your guys' favorite Genius contestants? I liked Kyungran way better than anyone else in S1 or S2.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I STILL need to watch that. Derp has been hounding me for so long.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sangmin, because he oddly reminds me a lot about myself.

Hong Chul is also pretty funny.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
If you had enough people in the back you could have them administer prompts/questions and post them into the spreadsheet. Basically having 3-5 pintrest mom's who also have some questions going on. Probably not too far from how actual reality competition shows work anyway. I'd be down to help.

Cause I was laaaazyyy with confessionals, and they were pretty fun as a viewer to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

I'd agree with that, the prompts were funny but I think the more pure endurance-like it is the better.

Sidenote: Who were your guys' favorite Genius contestants? I liked Kyungran way better than anyone else in S1 or S2.

I love Jinho. Anytime Jinho lost a game it made me sad.

• Locked thread