Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

How Much Art posted:

I finally listened to that Florentine show where they talk about the divorce... Good lord both Opie and Jim were ridiculous. More so Opie obviously, he wouldn't drop it, but I'm surprised Norton didn't even subtlely get themselves off the topic.

Florentine wanted to talk about it. He was in studio before the show started that day and I guarantee Sam or Opie brought up that the divorce made TMZ and asked Florentine if he wanted to finally bring it up on air. It would be hard not to at that point. Then they went over what they would or wouldn't talk about and they didn't even get into it until Florentine himself brought up his ex an hour into the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yeah, things are much more calculated than we want to believe.

covener
Jan 10, 2004

You know, for kids!

therealjon_ posted:

I'm ready for the return of Bennigans.

I'm starving, Earl you got a Bennigans back there?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
For the people not listening live, Bennington is off to a great start. Everybody's been goofy and Pepper is playing 3rd mic.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
What about Shelby?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

T Bowl posted:

What about Shelby?

On vacation with Joe Poo.

(they haven't mentioned him)

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
so who's second mic? his daughter?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

ChristianDB posted:

so who's second mic? his daughter?

Yes, it's the Bennington show featuring Ron Bennington, Gail Bennington and Chris Stanley Bennington (no relation)

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I wish my dad was a radio host so I could just walk into a hosting job at Sirius XM.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

T Bowl posted:

I wish my dad was a radio host so I could just walk into a hosting job at Sirius XM.
That would mean dealing with Fez all your life, though.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

T Bowl posted:

Well I'm sure she had to pay her dues off-mic.

I'm just glad pepper hicks is back

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

CrashCat posted:

That would mean dealing with Fez all your life, though.

Uncle Todd.

----

And Ron said on air that they're going to do a double show on Friday.

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary
It's not on youtube, and probably was to small of a bit to be, anyone know how many times Ron and Shelby facetimed each other. I remember when they first did it I found it really funny.

#WhereIsShelbo

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

covener posted:

I'm starving, Earl you got a Bennigans back there?

Nope, fresh out of bennigans

E: earl, dumber than a sack of chisels

Cacafuego fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 21, 2015

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Man, this is an amazing Anthony/Jimmy/Chip interaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC9pAWK-wzc&feature=youtu.be&t=1h33m37s

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Eric Nagel's Lunch Out :lol:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
One joke I remember cracking Jimmy up (which Ant loves doing :3:) was when they were introducing Erock and one point, and Ant casually mumbles out. "E to the Rock", then there's a beat and Anthony just says "Eat rock", and Jimmy starts howling.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
It's really weird Opie keeps saying "in this new world we live in". What's new about it? You say the fword or the n word or beat up hookers whatever, you get fired. I mean theyve been covering Warren Sapp type stories for years and years but to Opie "it's a strange new world." I dunno just something that's been annoying me.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tr33 posted:

It's really weird Opie keeps saying "in this new world we live in". What's new about it? You say the fword or the n word or beat up hookers whatever, you get fired. I mean theyve been covering Warren Sapp type stories for years and years but to Opie "it's a strange new world." I dunno just something that's been annoying me.
With the Internet and social media overanalyzing and quickly spreading any problematic speech there is much less leeway in that area than back when he was in broadcast radio.

Yeah, that's all.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

CrashCat posted:

With the Internet and social media overanalyzing and quickly spreading any problematic speech there is much less leeway in that area than back when he was in broadcast radio.

Yeah, that's all.

Which is stupid because the Ron & Ron show use to be talked about in the newspaper all the time and made national news over a band named Dead German Tourists.

The only difference now is that everything is worldwide instead of regional and there's a million sites that will repeat a story instead of a handful of outlets.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Whats the latest in old man drama?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
nvm

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 21, 2015

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Holy poo poo Ant has just debuted DICE-IS (you know like ISIS) and it's hilarious.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Call Me Charlie posted:

Which is stupid because the Ron & Ron show use to be talked about in the newspaper all the time and made national news over a band named Dead German Tourists.

The only difference now is that everything is worldwide instead of regional and there's a million sites that will repeat a story instead of a handful of outlets.
They used to get news for the bad poo poo they did but ultimately it would blow over and they would get more listeners instead of fired. I understand this, it's how O&A made their bones to begin with and the only reason they were ever put on the radio station where I first heard them. Now instead of getting someone more popular, the offended people shitstorm will feed itself until someone gets fired.

I'm not going to offer a judgement on whether that's good or bad, but that's what Opie was talking about.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

CrashCat posted:

They used to get news for the bad poo poo they did but ultimately it would blow over and they would get more listeners instead of fired. I understand this, it's how O&A made their bones to begin with and the only reason they were ever put on the radio station where I first heard them. Now instead of getting someone more popular, the offended people shitstorm will feed itself until someone gets fired.

I'm not going to offer a judgement on whether that's good or bad, but that's what Opie was talking about.

Anita Bryant had her career destroyed by gay activists. Ron & Ron were hassled by local police at live events. As Nasty As They Wanna Be was targeted for obscenity. Ice-T had to remove Cop Killer from his album. Opie & Anthony were fired twice for stunts they pulled.

None of this is new or unique to one side. It's just that all the power has been consolidated into these spineless corporations who fold at the first sign of trouble.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Call Me Charlie posted:

Anita Bryant had her career destroyed by gay activists. Ron & Ron were hassled by local police at live events. As Nasty As They Wanna Be was targeted for obscenity. Ice-T had to remove Cop Killer from his album. Opie & Anthony were fired twice for stunts they pulled.

None of this is new or unique to one side. It's just that all the power has been consolidated into these spineless corporations who fold at the first sign of trouble.
Yeah, those are good facts and I think you have a better analysis there.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

CrashCat posted:

Yeah, those are good facts and I think you have a better analysis there.

Sorry about that. I can come off a bit strong when I'm really, really bored.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Call Me Charlie posted:

Sorry about that. I can come off a bit strong when I'm really, really bored.
Haha well I was also talking out my rear end, I do that a lot

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
DICIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1_32wPrdSQ

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
"It's not funny, it just happened."

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Hahaha

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
It's been a great week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfGptPyGIoQ - Chip narrates the Star Wars trailer

Jaxpunk
May 1, 2003
You'll never understand, don't try.

Alright that was pretty hilarious.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
Anthony's a t-shirt ninja

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin

Holy poo poo

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
i'm laughing harder at the name and concept of "DICIS" than I am at the actual bit, but that's still pretty great.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Just needs a knife to live up to the back alley Tunisian knife fighter label.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
I'm liking Bennington a lot. It's so much easy going and fun. It's good to have someone laugh in the studio instead of crushing someone with silence when they speak

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

ChristianDB posted:

I'm liking Bennington a lot. It's so much easy going and fun. It's good to have someone laugh in the studio instead of crushing someone with silence when they speak
"Mmm-Hmm.....

:smithicide:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

ChristianDB posted:

Agreed. Gail is pretty good on the stick, too.

• Locked thread