Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Shawn F's performances made me go back and look up a bunch of the Erock song contest entries. I remember one being set to "Applause" by Lady Gaga, but it isn't in any of the compilation. Anyone else remember this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

He probably hates doing it and prices it that way so he doesn't have to do it. He seems to have the sweetheart of sweetheart deals.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 14, 2014

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There's a difference between hijacked and hijacked to load up with dirty bombs and nerve gas to fly at New York. He was getting nutty with it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I hate wacky sound effects on radio shows but I always liked the car crash.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cory Lidle posted:

(and when does fight back, it take a lot of prodding).

And it's usually hilarious. When he roasted Opie when they made him do stand up or when he snapped and broke Shawn F's gifts.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Maybe I didn't pay attention to that part!
Bottom line, I'm an Erock fan. (Erock army!)

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sintax posted:

Sometimes I wonder how much of the O&A audience is the kind of person who will listen to Glenn Beck or Alex Jones rant for 3 hours at a clip.

There was a Glenn Beck charity read on the show today. Seemed fitting to hear his voice.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I had never seen cake stomp. Gross.

Also I'm surprised to see any attention on their ACA rant. A major cable network and about 100 other talk shows bash it that bad on a daily basis.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

UncleMonkey posted:

In addition to all of Ant's horrendous racism today, I also enjoyed their disdain towards paternity leave. Opie, especially, was very vocal in mocking it. Even though he took, you know, paternity leave. The amount of hypocrisy from the show is jaw-dropping.

I caught that bit on the drive and it made me pretty mad but the ACA stuff made me forget it. And the show got worse than that according to this thread.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Best of today for any particular reason?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The lazy people who don't want to work are taking all their money.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Does it help those who prefer to use the beach as a personal bathroom?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Ochowie posted:

I was prepping myself for Ant's response to Cliven Bundy and holy poo poo did he not disappoint. His claim was that it was Bundy's presentation rather than idea that was the problem. Also that he was taken out of context.

I caught this on the replay. Good grief. EVERYONE ganged up on him too and he wouldn't back down on a single point.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fair to Midland posted:

She never got mugged.
Wait, what? I couldn't listen much today and my online account is broken.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

mousetrench posted:

Am I the only one who doesn't think Louie CK's show is amazingly brilliant? I really liked Lucky Louie, Louie's stand up and Louie on the radio. But I thought Season 1 of "Louie" was just decent-ish and I hated the 2/3 or so of Season 2 that I managed to get through. Apparently I'm an idiot because it wasn't supposed to be funny/entertaining/consistent/[insert any other positive adjective here], or at least that's what the hardcore fans say when I complain. Does it get better/different after S2?

I had trouble getting into it. A few episodes slayed me the rest were kind of just on.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Larry used to irritate me but I've talked to him a few times and he's a decent person and isn't really afraid of breaking character.
Why I'm compelled in this world to defend him, I don't know.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

He opened the entire tour? I thought I was just one of the unlucky ones.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

UncleMonkey posted:

I get that the sport isn't for everyone in this country. But people that have no clue what they are talking about should just shut up already.
Might as well cancel the show if that's the standard.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

TL posted:

So I saw thanks to Facebook that you can now get a sweet Child of the 80s t shirt on OpieRadio.com, then I clicked to see all his merch. I've never gotten such douche chills from an online shop before.

Oh god the quotes shirt.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

It's ok it's ironic.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Kevyn posted:

This is the picture that started the whole thing. So his story about innocently taking pictures of the city is already BS. He was purposely snapping pictures of this woman.

What the hell was he doing?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Taking a picture of....blurry truck and scaffolding?

I guess that's his version of sunset photos.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

These animals beat me up and all I did was take upskirts and drop n and c bombs.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

:golfclap:
How many times is the story going to change by Monday? Or is he the type to just stick to "was just taking pictures?"

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 2, 2014

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Were they just playing the "pick out a black girl for Anthony to date" bit?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Opie has been trying to get the apology clock noticed in the main stream. It's an inside job.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 3, 2014

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

My favorite part in the eugenics clip is when he mentioned he was listening to something from "a certain site" and the air goes out of the room as everyone else present gives their own version of "oh not this again."

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Decent comments on that article, joke and perspective wise.

quote:

Here's an original thought - they're both wrong. Of course you don't have the right to assault someone for taking pictures of you. Why anyone would defend her is beyond me. But it doesn't mean his reaction wasn't over the top, disgusting, and racist. Making him out to be some kind of hero for this is equally ridiculous. Yes, he didn't shoot her or assault her back. Congratulations.

If he truly was creep shotting, the initial assault isn't an appropriate response.
The subsequent punches however...
Edit: Can't wait to order this one

quote:

I was taking creep shots in time square not thinking minorities could tell I was shooting hate beams at them with my eyes and alls I got was this lousy shiner. - The Opesters new tshirt.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Visidan posted:

Happier times.

Hey he's one of the good ones. Ever hear that Chris Rock bit?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I was going to cancel if they didn't renew their contract (should have a long time ago). Now I can't cancel because it will look like I support Anthony "The Victim" Cumia.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I can't see anything past a single retweet and some old videos.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

tuddy posted:

was this posted earlier? "thermite paint".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA_8IJmNM3U

#askquestions

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

mousetrench posted:

It just occurred to me that in principle I'm against Anthony being fired the way he was, but as a fan I get some degree of satisfaction out of it and can't really bring myself to get bent out of shape. That seems oddly backwards to me.

I was hoping it would just be some sort of suspension/wake up call but the way he carried on made that impossible. He still insists he did nothing wrong instead of just piling another wrong on.
Maybe a suspension would have knocked some sense into him. As in "look, no more Stormfront bullshit on air." But now he's just validated in a strange way and any outside podcast will push these talking points to the front.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

That's usually the time Ant likes to start loving things.

Way too old.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

My favorite O and A bit was when Anthony was creep shotting in Times Square, was called out on it, beaten, and proceeded to go on a racist rant on Twitter which cost him his job.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

It is a bit strange to not hear Ant on these shows. All the good low hanging fruit zingers on Jim go unsaid.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I hope that's a placeholder name.
Did anyone hear the promo for Monday?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm racist against murders. They should be shot.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

When they said that show was pro white I thought that site was aggressive editorialization . Then I read the description and it was dead on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Tomahawk posted:

If you have thousands of listeners on a radio show that attracts almost no new listeners, you should kill yourself.

I'm too chicken to tweet that at him but someone should

• Locked thread