Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kreg posted:

Could it be O&A no longer want him on the channel if Ron and Fez are leaving?

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

It could be. I imagine there is some backstage drama going on between the two shows.

It's probably fallout from all the Fez paranoia. Having a friend come out and accuse you of plotting to get them fired has got to hurt on some level. That said, I don't see O&A doing anything to alienate Ron. I'm guessing all of this confusion is nothing more than O&A's typical response to running their channel, which is a combination of 'too much effort; never mind' and 'gently caress it, I'm going home.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

So apparently this happened

"Lady Di; not just a name, but a good idea"

What the gently caress is a twitter contract?

EDIT: The first reddit post says it all. "Ladi Di is a mongoloid."

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bum the Sad posted:

Word. He could have easily made it less creepy by saying something like "Hey I saved this matchbook from the place when I had my first stand up act as a memento, but it's also where I met you and you had your first break in comedy, thought you'd appreciate it." Hell that could actually be the true story and Fez made up the "I grabbed it the first night I met you" to make it ~*~extra special~*~ and now won't back down.
And yes what he gently caress was going on. Ron sounded like a whiny bitch most of the show. I'm mostly an O&A fan but I've listened to a good bit of Ron and never heard him that obnoxiously pissy.

Edit: this is the Ron discussing the uncomfortable Fez gift.
http://youtu.be/RRgF5DJtqIE

Probably because he figured out that everybody wasn't wailing on him about Fez. Fez is legitimately in love with Ron.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 7, 2014

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Disappointing Pie posted:

Just google Carby and Little Carby of the Carbonite live reads. I think after that absolutely amazing spectacle Ron was put on hiatus from live reads. There may have been one or two after that but that I remember was the biggie.

http://youtu.be/HysykOPK4dU

Luminencz helps you lose weight while you sleep WITH Who music!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Goose42 posted:

Agree 100%. I get that this is kind of his new chance to do what he wants with a show (which basically seems like having people sit in with him so he can shoot the poo poo), but christ, he's borderline whining at this point. And (to me) it's getting uncomfortable when he's calling out the production. You've got to figure that Shelby, regardless of having interned there before, is still trying to get a handle on things, and Pepper is trying to hold things together with new stuff happening.

Before, it seemed Ron would encourage the disorganization to turn it into great radio. But now, it seems he just bitches about it, and the staff is confused. Shelby has on multiple occasions asked Ron on mic, "how do you want me to react to this?"

Hey Ron, how about we give everyone a week to maybe gel a little bit before calling them out?

I think it's his way of dealing with the whole 'Fez is a stalker' issue. He sounded like he really didn't want to do it and it must have shaken him deeply to realize Fez had been playing him like a fool for so long. Granted, if this is a bit, it's a very good one and Ron and Fez deserve awards for their acting, but Ron seems deeply suspicious of his fellow co-workers ever since Fez was ratted out as a liar.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kreg posted:

Sorry I missed this. I don't get to listen live a lot of the time and no replay now.. What did Fez lie about?

When Paul O ratted out Fez about giving up Skippy, and the whole bit about the uncomfortable present. I think Ron airing that really solidified a lot of suspicions about Fez.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

UncleMonkey posted:

Ant isn't a libertarian. Not even close. He's a racist, right wing authoritarian. If he claims to be a libertarian, then he has no idea what that word actually means. Ant believes in an authoritarian justice system that is taken at its word (especially when it comes to minorities) and where people's constitutional rights are nearly non-existent. He believes in immediate and brutal execution without the right to appeal. He loves, loves, LOVES police brutality-- the more brutal the better-- and dreams of a police state in which everyone (except for him, of course), is yanked off the street, harassed, and brutalized based on nothing more than the whims of cops (which are never to be questions and who never do wrong). He believes in the TSA and that people should be singled out based solely on their perceived religion and skin color. He believes that certain groups of people are racially superior to others, whom he considers sub-human and less deserving of rights.

Ant is as much a libertarian as I am Mickey Mouse (and I'm not Mickey Mouse).

Incidentally, most of the things I mentioned above are beliefs professed by Jimmy as well. The only difference is Jimmy doesn't couch his proclamations in a perceived ethnic superiority. Other than that, he's lockstep with Ant.

Sorry, don't want to turn this into a political derail. Just want to make it perfectly clear, Ant is a far-right republican at best. He is most definitely not a libertarian, even if he thinks he is.

Actually, we should dig deeper with Ant. From what I've gathered, Ant is one of those guys who acts tough but is easily pushed around by anybody he meets. He reacts not by learning and pushing back, but pushing the tough guy image to the point where it breaks: paranoia over being defenseless and displaced anger towards convenient targets to mask self-loathing over not being able to be assertive. Which is really sad as he's really loving funny and deserves a better life than dealing with all of these issues and letting them ruin what could be a very awesome life.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TL posted:

That's the only one I know of.

For some reason that pic is just making me laugh. Poor Ant.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CrashCat posted:

Of course, the entire Internet is beating down the door to hear that mary celebrate having SiriusXM twisted around his pinky. Ayep.

Hey, they have such big stars as Train, Jon Bon Jovi, and......Joan Rivers.

And they wonder why they fail.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

He got drunk and acted like a douchey teenager because he was one. "I got drunk and walked around with a knife. I got drunk and called the FBI." I got drunk on Christmas day after getting in a fight with my family, vomited black poo poo all over my friend's bathroom, blacked out in his hallway for a few hours and then I spent the next three days vomited every hour on the hour. Doesn't mean I was an alcoholic, just that I was an immature idiot.

It's a good thing he doesn't drink because he probably would take it too far like everything else in his life but the fact he pretends like he knows being an alcoholic/addict because he did some stupid things while drunk and went to rehab at 17 is annoying as poo poo.

I think that gets to me as well: Jimmy probably had a very severe problem for at teenager (not to mention how hard he is on himself in general for not being absolutely perfect), but it's hard to measure that on the same scale as people like Ant who have been drinking for eons and have done some monumentally stupid things. Jimmy, in this light, doesn't really compete and came off pretty drat lucky all things considered.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TL posted:

I'm hoping Todd does the entire show in that awful voice and they call it the Fuzzy Stinklepooper Show. Those names are enraging.

It'll be worth it to see what Todd does to the show and how badly it fails. More shoehorned songs, more lovely prank calls that last an hour......the best thing is that Todd can't handle a show by himself and will probably fail without Scott's inertia to keep it dragging along.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Nucleic Acids posted:

The day Terry Clifford retires is the day Jocktober is no longer sustainable as bit.

If the show hasn't imploded by then.

I'm hoping we get Mondays with Terry Clifford for next Jocktober. They need to milk it just a little bit more.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Did we get another Fez freakout due to Ron being O&A again?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

"Young man you clean your room RIGHT NOW or you will NOT be pussy diving at the Queens Motor Inn"

"Are you not behaving? PUT YOUR loving TOWEL BACK ON!"

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

The 2 hour Jocktobering of the brand new Todd-Without-Scott show was brutal.

They got it trending on Twitter all over the US at one stage. They completely ruined his first day on his own show :)

Oh man, I've been sick at home today (and for the entire weekend) but this will make up for it. YES!!

Edit: Wow, the beginning did not disappoint. I'm calling it now: Todd doesn't make it to Christmas, getting dumped for the same reason Shannon got cut.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Can't wait to hear today's Ron & Fez show. Apparently, Fez had a meltdown and Ron laid the boots into him.

Is this out yet on the Internet?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 25, 2014

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

An Enormous Boner posted:

He seems to be the main dude for Ron and Fez stuff.

HeyBuddays does some good work as well, not to mention Steven and Logan do post as well if it's remarkable.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Isn't he that guy who accidently shot his wife while trying to shoot his dog?

No, that guy's first name was Shannon.

Listening to the clip now.....four people on their Facebook page to deal with Jocktober. That's EPIC.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 28, 2014

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

It's leading to the culmination of the whole "Fez" bit...

or it's one of the last desperate attempts of a mentally ill person to save their job.

At least it'll stop the whole 'Michelle comes down to tell Ron what a jerk he is' thing. I felt Fez was doing that so he would have some recourse in case Ron turned on him or he needed more people on his side on his spiral to madness.

But if this is a bit, it's an awesome one.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

I honestly think that both shows have stagnated thanks to Sirius. They're stuck in that skyscraper with an audience of dumb truckers and a small group of preapproved guests to interact with.

Both shows could probably still go if they made it back to FM. Put O&A on the ground with some better callers, open door policy and live local events and most of the politics/race/family stuff would be gone.

I still think the whole politics/race/family stuff would vanish if the boys got a decent contract. I think they have a safety net with Fox News and the like if Sirius drops them like a hot potato.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Okimin posted:

r&f is a bizare fever dream of a radio show, they were all laughing and teasing fez when they found a wnew clip of fez talking about how some listener gave him the matchbook from the club where he met ronnie (back in 2002), so of course they were talking about what a liar he is, so fez broke down and basically threatened ronnie with his own death and/or suicide. all i can think of is a new listener who kept the radio on after hearing jim gaffigan's hot pocket bit and hearing this literal insanity on their comedy radio station.

And here it is:

http://youtu.be/f7unIEPzJyg

The sad thing is that it just stops everything and then Ron basically pushes Fez out of the show for a bit and goes on the show. I don't see Fez really making it on the show for much longer if he pushes this attention-seeking poo poo.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ChristianDB posted:

What the gently caress? Gotta listen now

It's quite sad but a really incomplete bit. Fez is just revealed to be a manipulative sack of poo poo. Not to mention he's actively seeking persecution because he's going back into a space of anger in lieu of entertainment.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

UncleMonkey posted:

Yeah, it's really ridiculous. Sirius is a joke. They'll pay celebrities millions for the rights to use their names on a channel but they refuse to pay actual talent. It's astonishing. Music channels are nice and everything, but in the age of iPods and MP3 players and cars that come equipped with USB ports and bluetooth connectivity they're not anywhere near worth paying $20+ a month for. Original content that you can't hear anywhere else is. And Sirius is all but trying to get rid of that. Because why? It affects their bottom line? Turns off what few stockholders they still have? Without original, bold content satellite radio is useless to anyone but truckers maybe.

If a company can't afford to pay a guy $150/month, they're either lying or they're on the brink of collapse. Or both. Sirius is still trying to operate based on a FM radio mentality. If they think they can survive like that, they're out of their minds. If they're really trying to come off as fiscally smart, stop overpaying talent like Howard and stop paying to use people's names. How is the Boneyard any different because you're paying Ozzie a few million to call it Ozzie's Boneyard?

They can't afford $150 for a freaking show? Either someone is pulling something at Sirius, or the drat thing is going to crash around people's ears at any second and leave some poor stockholders holding the bag to sell out to Dish Network or DirectV.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TL posted:

They probably are. Look who they both married.

You know, this explains the questions that would pop into my head whenever I would hear ESD shove things up his butt or eat his own waste: who would marry someone like this? The answer: someone who was getting something on the side. Poor Dave.

That said, is Fez on the show today? I can't imagine he's being allowed on the show since he's going to have a heart attack whenever confronted on his manipulation and lies.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

quote:

quote:

@OpieRadio I fought to bring @EastSideDave back. Tim said he didn't show for his show and didn't call company so he was fired. I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS.

Wait....so someone you've worked with for a while calls off and your immediate response is to fire him? After having a few years with the company already?

Did Tim Sabean go to the McDonalds' school of management or something? Because this is stupid as gently caress. Not only is Sirius so messed up that they're firing people who make $600 a month to provide content in between prostitution services and dick creams, they're treating their on-air talent like part-time fast food employees.

Who would really want to work for this company? Bad management all around. I'm hoping O&A and Ron start thinking about heading to normal radio again. The swearing simply isn't worth being caught up when this thing collapses.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Just replace the cocktail with a pack of Natty Ice.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

If you ever wanted to know what Anne Ramsay looks like right now in her grave....

I shudder to think what her roommate looks like.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

^^^ Jesus, she's WC Fields!!

livingfruitvirus posted:

That you Erock?

I clearly brought something to the table. :colbert:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ozza posted:

Listening to the Greg Gutfeld interview at the moment. What is it about conservative humour that is always so deeply unfunny? It just always comes across as so brazenly and proudly hateful. A lot of what Greg (and Ant when he gets on a tear) says seems to boil down to "I think I would know if I was being racist / homophobic / a jerk". There's some sort of weird defensiveness when it comes to admitting your own ignorance.

All humor comes from having a very critical eye of insight, and conservative humor lacks that completely, making it ultimately pointless.

Which is a shame, because Ant really has some comic chops. Too bad he can't get over his problems with women and other races and just hone that skill.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

shyduck posted:

Also, Lady Di's internship made for some good radio, and I wonder if she drank all the money by now.

As an aside, gently caress Bobo and his 'ME TOO' groveling, and if they make him an intern I might cancel my subscription. I'm tired of that dunce, and I wish he would walk in front of the 7 train, for the good of humanity.

Didn't Di drink all the money away by Day 3?

Also, I back you on Bobo. He'd last a day as an intern before he was kicked out by trying to be the center of attention and talking over everybody with his freaking bus trip. They might get a few good stunts out of him, but he needs to go back into the wilderness for a while. Fo' da show.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

At this point Fez being the butt of every joke and strange occurrance is part of the show for me. Knowing Ron is on O&A will hopefully lead to another meltdown today so we get some radio gold.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Goose42 posted:

Jay Mohr and Louie Andersen in studio right now, and it's a completely insane roller coaster ride. Louie is right now reminiscing about his suicide attempt.

No way! They got Louie Anderson in there?

Please let him and Fez become friends. That would be equal parts hosed-up and awesome.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Neodoomium posted:

These guys are so loving stupid about the Affordable Healthcare Act.

Anthony is a colossal loving racist.

This is a recording.

The only response I have is 'rain should go up! 1-800-Ron-0-Fez.....1-800-Ron-0-Fez.....'

It's lazy radio.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

livingfruitvirus posted:

Someone on Twitter sent this Facebook screencap to Ant.

I don't know what irritates me more: that Opie and Anthony keep doing this radio lead or that I'm agreeing with Danny loving Ross.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

End of Life Guy posted:

Fez is in meetings all day.

I'm just, I'm locked up here....

Sorry. I just locked up.

What's the over/under on him walking out of there making a lot less if he manages to keep his job?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I wonder if they're going to do this like normal radio did things like this: no mention for a week or so, then a sudden change and a complete denial of the previous status quo.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

I hope it's a Joe Poo type of work where they got rid of him but they'll never ever acknowledge it on air.

Joe Poo's on vacation and Fez is in a meeting. Forever.

Right up until it becomes the Ron Bennington show. Which has a nice ring to it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I was on YouTube looking for a few clips from the show to make a work day pass faster, and find this:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Reading this on the Ron & Fez reddit: Ron met with Fez's therapist yesterday, and Fez had a meltdown. Is anybody listening to this live?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Auron posted:

Ron doesn't need a co-host, he essentially hasn't had one in 8 years anyways. I can see a lot more comedians rotating in, but there isn't going to be another co-host.

As long as he has people to talk to, he'll be fine. He said as much to Fez multiple times.

Plus, wasn't Big Jay mentioned yesterday as a possible replacement? Even in jest, it is a very good idea to have him in. The show could do with a Norton type who has a career outside of the show but still drops in and becomes part of the madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ozza posted:

I think the fact that the segment was a steaming hunk of poo poo until CQ called in indicates the main problem the show has with discussing social issues: they grind the comedy train to a screeching halt. I don't mind these topics being discussed, but for the love of god throw in a joke or two while you're at it. The guys don't have a rounded understanding of the issues they're discussing and seem to enjoy relentlessly echoing their ignorance back and forth. If that's the case, then at least make it funny. Any time the other side has a say, it's usually in a news clip or a caller Ant can quickly shout over. Patrice was the greatest guy to be in studio for these discussions because, although he wasn't a professor on the issues either, he did have an alternate experience he could draw from and he was always hilarious.

Long story short: these segments always Fez up the show. They're one-sided, 110% right bits, and it's lazy radio. And the boys are better than that. For crying out loud, I'd rather see them do more TV show related stuff than this. Go back to Quincy, for crying out loud.

• Locked thread