Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
To another year of hearing you guys complain about opie and Anthony and another year of you guys hearing if Ron and Fez is just one huge bit.

Also predictions to Ron and Fez, nothing will change. Fez will still be crazy Fez. The new channel will just be ok..since they're not really revealing or giving what the people want. Things will fall into place until the next contract. I doubt Fez will be fired. It's just another bit that won't pay off.

Also the gift will be so lame that Ronnie be will have to sell it while Hicks tries to feign amazement. Unless it's a jar of semen or a picture of Ron sleeping, I doubt it will be good.

It's going to start off as " The reason this card is so weird is because I said once that I hated Reindeer and..." then they'll go on for an hour on the lame gift.

But who knows. Ronnie likes giving poo poo for Fez bits not paying off, 3 years, he better deliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

call me charlie Rules.

Also great thread TL, as always

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

UncleMonkey posted:

Yeah. Unbelievable. gently caress Sirius. Howard sues the company and hardly ever works and they bend over backwards to suck his dick. Meanwhile, they do everything they can to smother new, creative (and cheap) content. This company is such a joke.

What the gently caress? Did he say anything about the Ron and Fez channel? He made it sound like there was good news for him on facebook.

Riocast show is better anyways. Gabe sucked and I don't know why Davey Mac wanted him there. Roy and sean-o are great though.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Hey man, times is tough. They just couldn't afford Dave's $500 a month salary anymore.

500? He said he got 50 bucks a week for that show. Often he'd say that getting into the city was losing him money.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

bunky posted:

Wasn't that for Special Delivery? I'm losing track.

You think he got a raise after he quit?

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

I could have sworn he said $125 a show after he quit Ron & Fez.

maybe I'm confused with his riotcast podcast. But I could've sworn it was something so low that I had respect for him and pepper more.

I also remember 50 bucks must be under the table because it is so astronomically know that I couldn't believe a big corporation would pay talent like that.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

It's really something you have to hear the story to get the full context.

Ron was just some guy doing standup at some mall. He came up to Fez's table, all hosed up, after the show to try to pick up Fez's friend.
They didn't know each other. They weren't colleagues or co-workers. They didn't work together until years later.

For Fez to pick up a pack of matches on that night and hold on to them for twenty+ years and then think it was an appropriate gift to give Ron...he's legit crazy.

The story is crazy and I can get behind the payoff. Honestly, it's loving crazy after one layer of thinking that their whole relationship could've been Fez just stalking Ron and manipulating their whole relationship.

"Incestual at best" was one of my favorite lines

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
Nothing has really changed and yesterdays show was super awkward. For a show that suppose to introduce a new audience for them, Ron came off as a pissy little bitch. It's just a song, calm the gently caress down man.

Todays show was a little better, Fez was pretty funny but you can tell Paul ribbing him a little bit got to him. I'm liking everyone sitting in with comedians. Big Jay episodes were always my favorite and they're 2 for 2 with the comedians they've brought in. I loved the game they played even if it was stupid. Ron wanted to be comedy speed but hiring shelby, as much as I love him, is not exactly what I think of when I think of speed. If Fez is ever gone, I think the three of them will do just fine.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

therealjon_ posted:

The nerdist guy seemed very apologetic and civil about the whole thing.

EDIT: I also really enjoy Jeffrey Gurian on the show. Never heard of him before but I quite like his voice and he just pops right into the conversations.

hes like a paul-o who's intelligent, smart and funny. He has so much heart yet for some reason he pushes the conversation to very funny.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
What episode of on and Fez was it when Paul-O outed Fez for being a huge liar? That episode was great, Ronnie was in an especially silly mood.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

returnh posted:

This suggests 11/14/12, but there's no audio. :(

well that's cheese. At least I got the date, thank you.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Unscreened calls are the best.

"One year for christmas my friend gave me framed matches and I gave him a three year long awkward silence" should be thread title

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

I got to say, the two young comics who came in today were really good. They were fast paced and doing the style of radio Ron wants to do better than him.

More guests like them and less of the tuna jew.

worth listening to? I hate guests and john leguezamo town hall is just not appealing to me6+++. I am drunk, ready to cook and need something to listen to, however.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

Put the Cookie show on.

Always my backup. Honest truth. I just figured todays lineup seemed lame but I do forget that everyone sits in with the comics which has been nice. One thing I hated from the last show, I love when they're just bullshitting. A guest kind of puts a stop to that

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
what the poo poo is an unmasked doing instead of ron and fez? another best of? I'm on the online stream, is it a live show yet?

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

UncleMonkey posted:

Just got back from seeing Otto and George here in Manchester. Goddamn what a great show! He absolutely killed it. And apparently Vos is going to be back here in April, which is awesome. Going to also try to see Colin in Plymouth in February.

aww what the gently caress. He said nothing on Facebook.+ I literally got out of work and had nothing to do. Was he in Dow st? or did he get moved to a bigger venue?

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
robert kelly should be in every day. that geno dude sucked so much

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
As annoying as it is that Jimmy talks about his addiction, he knows himself better than a few bums on a forum. Ants tolerance is high, he knows how to control himself and all he's really doing is destroying HIS body. He isn't drunk driving, coming in drunk to work etc. Jimmy won't eat rum cake in fear he'll relapse. That tells me that Jimmy's experiences scared the poo poo out of him.

Equate it too the most horrible hangover you've ever had. Goldschlagger hangover, where you were vomiting gold pepper flakes and your rear end in a top hat burned for days. You couldn't squeeze out a pea without biting a sock it was so swollen. Now, the smart thing to do is never drink Goldschlagger again. Jimmy just did that with alcohol. Sure he might've not hit the rock bottom that makes you say "jesus loving christ" but to him, it's probably the worst time in his life. Remember, jimmy comes from a pretty well adjusted family.

He talks about addiction because that's his role on the show. He's most likely a sex addict or just has an addictive personality. I met tons of dweebs who never touched alcohol in their lives but played WoW 12 hours a day. You hear stories about couples who let their baby starve to death or put their children in a closet and you're like "gently caress". Most of the time it's never that extreme, it's usually that they lost their job/girlfriend/ dropped out of school. To us, it's pretty dumb but that is a clear sign of addiction.

Jimmy knows how to articulate addiction and he has a platform to talk about it. Ant isn't going to admit he's addicted and Opie is a square with no life experience except radio and being a caddy.

Just my two cents.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
I maybe alone but I'm skipping the ron and fez show more and more these days. Yesterday seem to drag until big jay came in. Today starts off with even more caller participation. I'm sick of caller participation and games. Then it's probably going to go to an unmasked, which although bj novak is pretty cool, I just want the guys to shoot the poo poo.

This show has become every show I used to skip when they were on opie and anthony

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Did you hear Rory Scovel on yesterday's Ron & Fez? It was really, really strong after an abysmal first half of Olympics chat/hashtag contest.

with a steinbrenner. because when I think of COMEDY I think baseball

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Auron posted:

What is with Ron & Fez turning into the game show variety hour? Seriously it's lovely gameshow after gameshow. Is this the direction they REALLY wanted to go?

I gotta admit the beginning of the show with Surfer Ron was hilarious.

I definitely agree with this sentiment. Trying to mine the "best callers on radio" day after day is getting tired. The callers are pretty poo poo now and I don't even finish shows anymore. As soon as I hear "what's in the box?" or "better headlines" I check out.

This show has turned into a real piece of poo poo out of sheer laziness. I rather have Ron take a year then this direction.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Is it weird that I want Ant *and* Fez to go away and leave us with the Ron and Opie show? Both seem so much more relaxed and less likely to act on their worst on-air tendencies when working together.

I would listen to that show. Opie is fast enough to keep a conversation and Ron is funny enough were it wouldn't be a snore fest. Was Fridays show any good with whookid? I haven't listened to opie and Anthony in like a year...bearable?

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
Guys he knows Russel Peters.

This 80's movie sleezeball manager knows the biggest comics and actors in New York.

Never I thought he looked like that

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

That was enough to find it. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzgy3AGjTzs

Now I'm off to hang myself for liking an ICP song.

Aww man wtf. I thought it was the beastie boys.

I need to take a shower

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Morter posted:

Just listened to a Doctor on the radio say "10% of 247 is 12"

:bang:

that dummy. It's 20%

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Okimin posted:

how are you such a stick in the mud you are trying to talk someone out of enjoying the show. i mean whats in the box annoys me too but the shows great

although I agree with your sentiment, it's far from great. I see today dan soder is on so that could be a fun show. But the game show 1/10 comics being good is pretty lovely.

I feel like everyone is off. I love Shelby but he's a sniper. Why the gently caress is he in the studio. He should be pip's role. Stanley at #2 mic and Fez in third was great. Let them shoot the poo poo, bring a comic into that nonsense and let them deal. That's why big jay is so great, he sits down with the guys and shoots the poo poo. Makes the mundane super interesting and funny. Gurian stinks, I turned on him. He just cuts off comics and crowbars himself into conversation. I only check out episodes this thread recommends

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Today's Ron and Fez was the funniest episode I've heard in weeks, especially getting into the 2nd hour.

it really was, melissa and dan soder were great

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
last couple of days have been great. the eulogy with melissa coming in and giving Ron poo poo was awesome. Ron is a dickhead for sure and it was great to see someone call him out on is poo poo. God knows the callers don't.

Then yesterday, with fezzy trying to get on the stick, making Fez pay for what Melissa did, you can kind of see how Ron acts bit or not. He's just loving evil and when someone steps on him he'll make the other person pay through someone else. Fez can't carry a show and Ron just leaving him out there was gut wrenching. Shelby was on fire though, he seemed to make Ron laugh a lot.

I think the last couple of days is what the show needed. I don't mind that they just do 3 hours because shows like yesterday moved by so fast with them just bullshitting. Honestly they throw in a comic the last 45 minutes to an hour or and gameshows once a week, they could turn it around and make it listenable. My problem was caller participation almost 3 times a week, for an hour then like an unmasked midshow and jerry barca for 15 minutes. Dumb.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Okimin posted:

i think we can all agree that jerry barca should be drawn and quartered

I like him. He's just such a regular guy. Something about normal people on the show laughing at rape jokes tickles my fancy. That's why I like the interns so much. They step into something they werent aware of until that moment and usually ave fun.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Gurian trying to hang with Ron and Artie Lange is the most infuriating thing in the world. He's so out of his element and he still tries to butt in or finish other people's sentences.

Pretty much.

They bumped up the bandwidth on the Opie & Anthony channel to (I want to say) 128 kbps. If I remember right, the rest of the channels are only 32 or 64 kbps.

I refuse to listen as soon as I saw gurian. I knew he would be bringing artie lange and just ruining the loving show. Why doesn't just ron put the boot to him?

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
An hour on cakeorn? gently caress this show

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

eightysixed posted:

They're doing an hour on cake horn on O&A. Hope you're happy. :v:

I'm in the minority I know but that segment reminded me of the lovely segments with earl where they would bully him over something minuscule, benign and make it into a thing. Ronnie B would be so hurt if wetmouthbreather started trending on is account. Ron is a pussy poo poo starter.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Goddamn, cakehorn show is the best show in years. Fez attacking Hard Rock Johnny had me howling.

Holy hell, drunk abusive Fez is back. This is a meltdown for the ages.

It's more like he's been patiently waiting for the day he can take off the gloves and really put it to Fez. (no homo)

drunk show!?

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

The Dave posted:

I actually agree with the boys. Ellis didn't just say he has the best radio show, he also said he's bigger than Opie and Anthony, "they're done", and that they're on their way out.

Doesn't he ave sort of a point? Lets say Opie and Anthony entered the market today, would they even compete? I feel like their fandom now is loyalty. Sure they made friends who will drop by and make the laughs but those three sifted towards politics, race and family. At least that's what the gist of the thread is. Also laughing at retarded people and freaks has made a come back with some of you really enjoy.

I fully admit that with the Ron and Fez show, that loyalty keeps me listening 3/5 days a week at least. But I wonder with both shows, how many new listeners are being captured. I got into Ron and Fez because there was so much dead air tension and weirdness I had to keep listening. If I stumbled across opie and anthony and heard day after day free speech, black people are animals with callers laying down facts but being turned down, I'd say gently caress this show

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Okimin posted:

r&f is a bizare fever dream of a radio show, they were all laughing and teasing fez when they found a wnew clip of fez talking about how some listener gave him the matchbook from the club where he met ronnie (back in 2002), so of course they were talking about what a liar he is, so fez broke down and basically threatened ronnie with his own death and/or suicide. all i can think of is a new listener who kept the radio on after hearing jim gaffigan's hot pocket bit and hearing this literal insanity on their comedy radio station.
What the gently caress? Gotta listen now

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

JFC posted:

Due to the fact I inadvertently followed a bunch of R&F hanger-ons when I first joined Twitter I just noticed Dave's wife is getting a lot of poo poo from a bunch of people that used to be her best friends. It seems she's been cheating on Dave for years (and bragging about it) with another R&F listener named Mikey Background - some drummer that has been on R&F a few times. And it looks like Casey is leaving Dave, which might explain Dave's vague, "this has been the worst week of my life" comment at the beginning of this week's DMSP podcast.

Who would have thought that an on-air wedding to a listener wouldn't work out?

Edit: this is one of the gayest posts in this thread I've ever made.

Aww man. That really sucks. Dave is insane but he seems like a really good dude and family man. Met him a few times and got poo poo drunk with him, he didn't have a cheating bone in is body. Hopefully this doesn't break him

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

therealjon_ posted:

I realize of course the stupidity of marrying a listener who he knew for five months, but I still feel bad for the guy.

Hope everything resolves quickly so had can move on. :(

They have two kids together. Stupidity or not, you're in it for the long haul. The fact that she's bragging about it..ugh. Davey Mac loves is kids a lot. I hope she isn't loving evil

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

TL posted:

I think O&A have said they signed a book deal years ago but they're too lazy to write the drat thing.

It would involve them sitting down and hanging out together

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Paul Kersey posted:

Here's a photo of Ron and Fez intern Norice (or however it's spelled) with Kevin Durant. Best looking O&A or R&F intern by a long shot.

http://theinterrobang.com/2014/03/caption-contest-to-win-something-great

Being Dominican myself, I can't stand the thought of dating a dominican girl. Remind me of mother dearest and it's just too creepy.

But god drat is she hot. drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

That episode of Ron & Fez was weird as anything. After the first break, they were dead in the water. Ron sounded completely done with it.

I'm listening to it right now. Shelby conversation is going well. So I'm waiting for this weirdness to commence. I mean Fez was on last week. Like really on. That jay oakerson sit in had me laughing HARD. Fridays show was really strong too

• Locked thread