Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Cool, I'm excited for the Ron and Hicks show to return Monday. I wish they had played some older classic R/F shows instead of just the last 10 or so leading up to the break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Xmas gift coming up.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Call Me Charlie posted:

Church.

The original origin story of Skippy was it was a feral cat Fez found in New York. During the Skippy talks episode, Fez hosed up and said he bought it (or got it from a shelter)

I don't know where Fez got that one cat from for the photo but I doubt it was his. Remember this is the same guy who hid moving from retard island for over a year.

Okay, so what cat was in studio during the "cookie" show?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Unscreened calls are the best.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Boy what a hilarious bit about corporate sponsors here, Fez.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hank Azaria was great. And busting out instantly recognizable characters like Moe in mid-conversation is never not weird/awesome.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Did I miss a joke or did Ron just sound like he was going to keel over?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

What, the blueberry thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyMKYQPGyWU

e: wait, unscreened calls from now until the Unmasked :fuckyeah:

Ooh. I've only heard that once so it didn't immediately click.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Is today's entire show a bit?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I guess Ron enjoys torturing Fez at this point.

e: :lol: Fez sobbing during a fake eulogy for Ron. Jesus.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 24, 2014

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Today's Ron and Fez was the funniest episode I've heard in weeks, especially getting into the 2nd hour.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

What's the record for the most dead air on Ron and Fez

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I find it pretty torturous when Ron just leaves Fez out to dry every time he talks.

Ron needs a co-host he considers an equal.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

What kind of dire straits are SiriusXM in that they can't pay $150 a week for original programming?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

1st1sHere posted:

It does get better each time I watch it.

Video of Shelby putting on lip gloss (I think?) and Bigfoot-esque footage of Fez.

http://instagram.com/p/lfmRQVhmjM

I didn't realize they're still in the O&A studios and still have the lovely sound quality.

Also, it'd be great if they did a lot of in-show Vines/videos.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Amphion posted:

Wackbag and youtube commenters are enraged at O&A&J for not attacking her and the xojane blogger after all the feminist/white male privilege talk.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

As is the O&A subreddit, as everyone screams "SHUT UP YOU STUPID WHORE ERRRRRGH YOU'RE JUST A DUMB WHORE". Naturally the irony escapes them.

jesus christ what a lovely fanbase

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I do feel bad for Fez, but the guy clearly can't do radio anymore. It gets a little tiresome to hear the same exact interaction between him and Ron every single day.

Shelby loving cracks me up, though.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

TL posted:

I'm pretty sure Ron loves Colbert. He may have been annoyed with him but he watches them regularly.

I thought part of it was him being bitter that the TV star got to bring a ton of people and the radio guy couldn't bring anyone.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Gianthogweed posted:

If Fez leaves, Ron will just designate another whipping boy. Whether it be Al Dukes, Billy Staples or Black Earl, Ron and Fez always needs a whipping boy. Fez has filled that role admirably since Black Earl left.

He dishes it out pretty equally to Hicks and Shelby recently, but both are pretty great at taking it. Shelby in particular.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Auron posted:

They haven't even mentioned anything about Fez have they? I wouldn't expect them too either today.

He said at the beginning that they were planning on talking about it but plans changed after hearing Otto died.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

O__O posted:

Hopefully Shelby doesn't weird himself out of a job (in favor of Dana ugh).

Shelby's hilarious and I'm sure he's not seriously in danger of losing his job. Though I think I want Fez back purely for the fact that Shelby seems a lot funnier when he's not stuck as Ron's whipping boy.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Fair to Midland posted:

R&F is a complete work and I have no idea why people keep falling for this poo poo. Give it next week and Fez will be back with 3 new stents or something, whether real or fake (fake), to explain and they're good another 2 years.

Anyone seriously thinking anything Ron says on the air is real is loving crazy. He could say the moon crashed into earth and you should check to make sure in case he's lying. (Spoilers he'd be lying cause you'd be dead).

"Hey Fez, let's do a hilarious bit where you'll be more or less silent for the next six years and nobody will take anything you say seriously, while I basically carry the show by myself."

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Fez did re-sign, of course. So... guess that's it, minus the contract details. Hope Fez gets better.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Just listening to this Unmasked now, gently caress Ron is funny. "INTERNATIONAL!"

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

therealjon_ posted:

Weird how this week without Fez is great so far.

This dude from the travel channel who loves Ron is funny as hell.

Yeah, he was fanboying it up pretty hard, but I can't say I blame him. Really enjoyed that interview. Is this the first time Ron's interviewed a comedian who also happened to be a huge fan?

Also he laughs like a lunatic.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

therealjon_ posted:

Meanwhile I had my doubts about a Fezless R&F, but last week was great. Good comedians and mostly sitting around bullshitting. Good stuff.

Agreed, though I still think Shelby is funnier when Ron isn't treating him like Fez because he hosed up the commercial break or whatever. When Shelby has the confidence to pipe up on a regular basis he's hilarious.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Animal-Mother posted:

The tranny acceptance movement is going to be real irritating when it hits the mainstream in a few years.

goons.txt

be nice if Ron and Fez could do a best-of that's a little deeper than the last three weeks or so. we just heard all of this while they have 15 years of bits they could pick from, right?

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 30, 2014

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Fez is in the house, amazingly.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shelby's gameshow was such a hilarious clusterfuck. Every question had something wrong with it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shelby's Horse theme song was super awful and great. Only caught the first hour but Big Jay is in today, which is always good.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Man, that was one uncomfortable appearance by Todd Barry on Ron and Fez.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Stokes posted:

Details?

Todd Barry was on to promote his Crowd Work special. They decide to take a left turn and play a clip of Glenn Beck talking about how his father was raped multiple times, which really wasn't funny of course, and Todd Barry was just confused and clearly not into it joking around about it. Actually I thought Barry had left because Ron, Chris and Fez were talking for about 10 minutes afterward (though they finally asked him a question).

Ron asked him if he could hang out after the break and he declined.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Goose42 posted:

Todd has a history of being a pretty bad interview. Ever see him with Seinfeld on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee?

Almost think they did it to him because they knew he wasn't going to come with much.

By "did that to him" you mean ambush him with seemingly interminable rape accounts and expect him to find it funny?

It wasn't a good thing to do a segment on to begin with and I'm glad an outsider was there to emphasize that fact.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Highly recommend the Jason Nash interview. He's a huge fan of the show and wanted to dive way into Ron and Fez' relationship, which Fez did not take well.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

mousetrench posted:

Any Stern listeners know what the deal with this Hanzi guy is who called up O&A about 9/11? Is he doing a bit or is he legit crazy?

@ 24:50 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un8V-BmKOM8

I've caught him occasionally. Don't know if it's a bit or not but he did inspire this loving hilarious song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_47HMYOBRs&t=92s (@ 1:31)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

1st1sHere posted:

Too bad about Tracy. Loved the intro to yesterday's show. One of my favorite bits on R&F is the "ok, callers we're not doing "x." Every caller does "x." Yesterday was Shade45 jokes. Anyone else have links to similar ones on youtube?

caller: "Hey Ron, just wanted to tell you not to be on the phone too long and use up all your prepaid minutes."
Ron: "Dude, for the love of gently caress, you're going to get me shot."

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

Sure it is.

Him stumbling his way through certain sentences during Unmasked is really sticking it to Hicks.

He does the "you realize you just said ______" to Hicks on a regular basis. It's just banter and Hicks rolls with it.

If Ron had agreed with Molly it would have been a two minute conversation. It was an interesting topic, Molly held her own, the callers got into it. I totally disagreed with Ron but I enjoyed it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Paul Kersey posted:

Speaking of songs, did anybody else think the band Science that Ron played on the show today stunk on ice?

Rawdog's sound quality didn't do it any favors, but I thought the end was cool.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

How Much Art posted:

I can't tell if Ron is just easier on Molly because she's an intern or if she's a chick. He definitely is a lot easier on the girls. He certainly didn't give Shelby the poo poo he does now, which sucks, because I think Shelby thrives way more when he's not being poo poo all over. How does Ron expect him to be funny or contribute when yesterday he bluntly cuts him off and says "nobody cares". I know people will say "oh way to not get the bit", but seriously listen to the way he used to treat Shelby before, and listen now. I think Molly's great; not hilarious necessarily, but I think she's very likable. As someone pointed out the other day, she doesn't seem to back down from Ron if he disagrees with her, and she doesn't come off obnoxious when she does either.

I wonder if there's a little bit of hazing going on since Shelby got a great job on a national show straight out of college. But honestly I think he more or less treats Shelby pretty much how he treats Pepper, and both are great at rolling with the punches and don't take it personally. Fez is the guy who actually gets treated like poo poo - he can't really add anything at this point without being met with dead silence.

I like Molly too, she's a good straight man and does a good job jumping into topics and keeping the conversations moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The new road trip segment is dull as hell.

• Locked thread