Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Bring back the Saturday Night Virus. I don't care if you liked the shows or not but it was at least decent content instead of REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY.

I don't really buy the "Don't have money to pay people to do shows" although that's their justification. I like listening to Sam and Dave, Big Kevs Geek Stuff (I'm the only one), Lazlow's show was pretty good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Has there ever been a picture of the girl Anthony was married to? I wonder what she looks like especially after hearing all the stories for the last decade

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

The Heckler posted:

Kenny convincing him that he really had stole the money and that there were detectives in the lobby waiting to take him into custody was loving great.

I'll come back from this, alright?!

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

I don't think so, not that they'd ever admit it. Danny used to post about how Ant and Jim would always be at the compound and make fun of Opie's hackeyness and constant desire to be a social medias superstar

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Wasn't Otto really sick from some kind of an infection or something last year? I wonder if it was related to that.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

lol to the people who still think this isn't a work after 15+ years

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Cory Lidle posted:

Sorry people discuss things in a discussion thread, you shitbird.

It's not a discussion, it's the same boring rehash every other page.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

he really looks like the poo poo yogurt lady

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

lmao, loving Hawk!

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

he got another cat?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

I love how people say "The show doesn't go anywhere with Opie" yet when he's not in and it's just Ant/Jim + Guest they're amazing shows because they:

1. Don't' take callers
2. Don't need to take breaks in the middle of discussion/bit
3. Don't have to try and include Opie in any funny topics/discussion

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

someone actually made this

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Bring back the Saturday Night Virus shows :(

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

I love Lazlow and the Big Kev show too. God, why are Sirius such fuckholes

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Is Ant still allowed to do a LFTC? With the show being on vacation until next week he must be dying for an outlet to let it out. If anyone follows his twitter or channel regularly enough please post in here because that's a show I don't wanna miss.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

This might seriously be the end of the show I've listened to religiously since 2001. That would majorly suck rear end in all honesty.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

I guess you could say Ant's tweets were steeped in folly

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Opie, Ben Sparks and Psycho Mark show

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Sweet, can the company take Ant's salary and use it to pay for guys so we can have SNV virus again

BRING BACK SAM AND THAN
BRING BACK SAM AND THAN!

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Sam is not great on the radio. Jesus Christ who really thinks that?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

You know stupid rear end Opie is going to try and bring in Tom Papa for a completely unlistenable experience

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

The American Dream posted:

Listening to today's best of about animals really makes me miss how much fun the show was until 2008.

Well I am wondering even though he was fired that doesn't mean the contract he signed is broken does it? Maybe he's fired as a talent but will be paid till October as long as he doesn't do a LFTC.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Cory Lidle posted:

I sent this to the Gawker guy, but he doesn't seem to be doing anything with it. Enjoy however it is you want to enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKS1h4Lku5M

Last year's July 4th Compound Party! Some fun benchmarks:

:siren: 5:49:45 Bullshit equivocation on Apology Girl's age :siren:

1:54:00 Assault on Drunk Bobo begins
2:00:25 More strikes with the bleach bottle, Anthony sprays Bobo-man again
2:11:50 Irritated at the slow progress of cleaning up the vomit, Anthony screams "Clean it up, you loving friend of the family" to Bobo.

2:18:00 A slight break from the abuse to display his professionalism in radio: "If you're an intern without a oval office, I don't know your name."

2:24:40 Still torturing Bobo, Anthony calls him a "oval office" and slaps him in the face.
2:40:10 After nearly an hour of abuse, Bobo tears up, to which Anthony says "I see tears, you human being."
2:42:30 Calls Bobo a "blithering idiot retard" and then makes commentary about the Trayvon Martin case, calling Trayvon a "nigga."
2:48:15 Anthony responds to a caller commenting on his hair, likening his hair to the caller's "young daughter's oval office when I lick it."

3:12:40 Brings his cousin Jackie on the stage to tell her a story about how he fantasized about having sex with her as a teenager. He tells her this while she sits on his lap.
3:14:45 At the prospect of getting present day Jackie drunk and high to bed her, "Yeah, I'd gently caress my cousin. I don't care. I'm not trying to have a kid with my cousin."
3:17:15 Jackie's son finds out about the conversation and isn't terribly pleased about the whole thing. Though noticeably annoyed, he still kisses the ring of Uncle Millionaire.

Why would you send this to an online publication like some child telling on his brother to daddy?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

There are still people ITT that think Fez is a shoot

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

onemillionzombies posted:

Listening to the huge Steve C breakfast staff fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amawaslwzXA)

Not even 5 years since this: Steve (dead), Patrice (dead), Danny (fired), Anthony (fired), Eric "vicdumb" Nagel (fatter).

Has there ever been any other information that came out about Steve C? I guess the general consensus is that he killed himself for unknown reasons?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Breuer and his WNEW story about working at Sears and calling in the bomb threat is to this day my favorite story ever. I can listen to that clip and it never gets old

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

An Enormous Boner posted:

Good. Now bring back Sam and Than

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

Why is no one saying: "great, now bring back Ant"?

I'm totally ok w/this.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Kevyn posted:

Classic Opie moment today with him saying the hamburger scene was so much better in the original Pink Panther, only to be informed that no such scene exists in the original.

I swear sometimes he just opens his mouth and lets words fall out, praying that they're the correct opinion.

The best part is when Jim or Ant threw out some obscure reference to one another and Opie would laugh first and if Jim or Ant didn't know it you could tell that it got awkward because there was no way Op got a reference that Jim/Ant didn't pick up on their obscure 60/70's movies. That was one of my favorite things to catch from time to time again

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

ozza posted:

Apparently the Opster just accidentally tweeted an intended message saying that he's quitting. He's since deleted the tweet.

maybe that reddit post has some truth to it.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

FezDust rules

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

So, is Eric gone due to budget reasons or did something go on behind the scenes?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

For gently caress sake bring back Eric and fire Sam, god Sam sucks

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

You can tell Jim definitely doesn't enjoy radio with Opie or believe his stories where he just comes out of the blue with something. If Jim or a guest is telling a story he'll interrupt with his own experience trying to say it casually. Most notably when they were talking Monday about falling asleep while driving and Opie of course was able to relate because he was driving and woke up and deer were all over the road and you could tell it was just awkward and that he was making it up to relate and fit in and nobody was buying it.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

How Much Art posted:

I still think the "going at it like a gerbil" clip is way worse. So vile.

GET DAT OUTTA DA CRIB PAULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Lol, I love catching when Opie starts lying about a topic. I forgot what they were talking about but Tom Papa brought up something from his childhood......oh wait I just remembered it was about his dad having one drawer in the house that way his and before he could even finish the story Opie chimes in......"OH YOU JUST MADE ME REMEMBER...." and then you can hear him making it up as he goes along.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

I miss Louis "Twitchels" Centanni

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Is the TACS New Years Eve inteview with Chip on Youtube?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

bunky posted:

Help. My searching fingers are broken.

Only reason I asked is because I can't find it. I assume it's on the exclusive part of the TACS site. Oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

rereginald Dennys posted:

Everyone here should join r/opieandanthony on reddit. It's the mst3k for o and j.

not worth getting probated over

Lieutenant Centaur fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 16, 2015

• Locked thread