Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Kaddish posted:

Holy poo poo, Anthony is a full on white supremacist.

I haven't been listening for very long, so at what point were fans finally unable to keep deluding themselves that "anthony's racism is just a bit"?

I see it in old youtube comments sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

ozza posted:

I'm only an occasional Ron and Fez listener, so can somebody explain to me why on Earth Fez considers Ron a true friend? I love Ron, but on air he's always seemed hostile towards Fez, exploits him for jokes, constantly leaves him hanging, and generally teases him. He gets away with far more than anyone else in the room when it comes to abusing Fez. So why does Fezzy still think he's some sort of magical protector best friend? The two possible answers I have are: 1. Fez is crazy, 2. It's a work.

It's that Fez (correctly, probably) credits Ron for the fact that he is still employed, and was ever employed in the first place.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
someone posted this on the O&A subreddit:

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
It should just be a 60 second read containing every single one of Opie's verbal crutches. "PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE! I was HOWLING when..."

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
I want the pre-show to be a Dennis Falcone affair from now on. Give Sam his hour back after O&A and give Dennis the preshow

pre-show hosted by radio veteran Dennis Falcone 0600-0630
main show 0630-1030
The Sam Roberts, Whoo Kid, and Nicole Show 1030-1130

then replay

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

CrashCat posted:

This from the guy who told stories about how he would steal money so he could buy ice cream sandwiches to have something to eat. How soon we forget.

That wasn't a story about him being poor, it was about parental neglect. He stole the money from his own father.

Law Cheetah fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 4, 2014

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

The Dave posted:

Nice break on Opie's thinned skinness with the Hannity stuff today. Nice to see Jimmy and Ant not really being on his side.

I dislike Hannity a thousand times more than I dislike Opie, so it's really hard to agree with you

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

mousetrench posted:

I would hate to be Larry the Cable Guy. He is massively successful, but it's like he's afraid to ever break character. It's not like Bob Zmuda or Dice or Colbert who maintain character in interviews to be funny. Larry seems to actually pretend that he is really a redneck who only wears sleeveless shirts because they're comfortable, and not for the sake of a laugh. It just seems awkward. David Cross' letter was teal deer for me, but I'm guessing anything that long must be at least somewhat douchey.

I've always seen Dice cited by people as a weird and strange example of a guy who became his character. Like it went from a bit he did to something he was 24/7. Whatever Larry the Cable Guy's doing, I don't know if it's as extreme as whatever went on in Dice's head.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

End of Life Guy posted:

Anyone know/remember Jim's manager's name? It was Jonathan something, right?

this youtube video title says "jonathan brandstein"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwFJQEWzRWw

I havent listened to it but I assume they say his name in the segment's audio

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
He also later said "It's over. Believe me, she left just as pissed as I did."

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
What do you guys think the media reaction would be if they found this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXAJetk9iJo

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Animal-Mother posted:

Anybody else remember how angrily quiet Ant was when Neil Degrasse Tyson was in studio recently?

I remember that interview more as Anthony relishing in an opportunity to become Professor Ant. He's a horrible racist, but come on, he doesn't get angry and huffy every time there's a black guy in the room.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

You guys saying he gets along with certain black people are forgetting that Black Exceptionalism is basically a necessary component for racism. "Oh, he's one of the good ones!"

Well, yeah. I actually almost included that idea in my post. All the same, if you think that Anthony was being "angrily quiet" during the Neil Degrasse Tyson interview you should smoke less weed or something

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

OlyMike posted:

Ugh, he is such a fag. But at least he hates niggers I guess. Luckily I work at a place where I can jump into public places and scream racial epithets at people who's boobs I'm trying to photograph.

But, I thought that Anthony unequivocally can't stand black people? Why would seeing an attractive black woman make him want to photograph her?

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Street Soldier posted:

You guys know Twitter can delete tweets, right?

How long would it take for somebody to delete every single tweet on their page for six months? Like, days, right? It must be a Twitter thing.

Unless there's some easy button you can press, I don't really know.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Nipplebox posted:

I like how people mention he was assaulted even though he never filed charges.

None of this makes sense if he wasn't actually punched by some black chick in the street. I mean, its not like its only assault if you got a bruise, right?

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

Business as usual on Ants twitter.

Posting links to this weekends shooting stats in Chicago because, "black people, amirite?".

Why'd he bother nuking it, then?

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I wonder if any of them know he's married to a black woman

The ones that do are saying that Bill's silence is due to Nia being a raging harridan

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I bet Bill has a few opinions about what Anthony said, but was probably either told 'yo man don't add fuel right away' or, gee, maybe is just a smart and not socially retarded guy and realizes that now isn't a great time to make another excellent 'gently caress that guy' rant about Anthony like he did on the show.

Either way, I don't think Reddit will like his opinion when he says it!

I think you'll be disappointed in what Burr has to say, if he ever does speak up. In the past he's always been anti-firing in these situations.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

T Bowl posted:

Yep. No one is going to care after a while, and if the show is continued in some capacity the majority of listeners will end up staying having that nostalgia of what it once was and wanting SOMETHING for their commute/work day.

If Anthony was making 3 million a year he would need $5 subs of 50k people a month for whatever he tried to do on his own to match that. Not only that, he would have no support base unless he hires some people on the cheap to get behind his name/idea. Realistically he could do well I think trying something like this but it is going to be no where near as profitable for him and he is going to have to work a lot harder save for commuting.

Edit: and by on the cheap, find some funny enough people who can help you produce it and would take a meager cut of what you'd actually be making. 2-3 should do it, he could get by with just 1 if he really wanted as well.

Their Facebook page has like 122k likes, no way he can hit 50k a month willing to dump $5 for his online only thing not easy to get in their car. He would be very lucky to get 5-10k. He is hosed in terms of money he was making, he had a perfect gig and blew it.

He'd have to start making appearances and stuff if he wanted to approach his former income.

I've heard a lot of the standups doing podcasting say that the value in doing it isnt from the podcasting itself, but from getting people to pay and show up for their live events.

A Live From The Compound Tour would be pretty cool, actually.

And who knows where this is all gonna be in a year, or six months even. They had Dog the Bounty Hunter on tape saying "friend of the family" and he got another gig once enough time had passed.

Anthony's not necessarily permanently relegated to the podcasting ghetto. Once enough time has passed, someone who feels like they can make money with him will pick him up.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So if you say it's sorry and grovel a lot, even if you don't mean it, that makes it better? I mean, who exactly did Dog convince? This is the exact thing that O&A and Jimmy have been mocking this past month, half-assed apologies to appeal the outraged masses.

He's just saying that it might be what helped him get another job, not making any value judgement about it

I still think that time + money-making potential is a bigger factor, though.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
*snip* someone posted this already

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
hey guys, isnt anthony pretty racist?

Law Cheetah fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jul 13, 2014

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
Jimmy's been doing a lot of press to promote his new Vice show and he's shown up on a lot of podcasts, which is pretty cool.

His recent appearance on Kevin Pollack's chat show is really fun for someone who's a fan of O&A, he asks a bunch of inside O&A fan questions, like "Why is Erock "Slobbo", when everyone knows that Roland is the real big boy on the show?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhjgpKGx8lY&t=155s

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

livingfruitvirus posted:

A 32 year old man, folks.

He's literally retarded, though

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
The Todd Glass Show is probably the only podcast I've actually laughed out loud at.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
Erock was on Sam's Friday show today

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
Have you guys ever heard this clip of O&A blatantly stealing from Howard Stern?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hECdbIBgTAg

its from the 90s. i just came across it trolling youtube for O&A clips

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

So why was Troy banned from the air before?

He was on Sam's old after show and was in an argument with some staffer, calling him a human being, cocksucker, and implying that he'd beat his rear end. I don't remember why they were fighting in the first place, but he got in some poo poo for the way he was arguing. The audio's probably on youtube somewhere.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

The Dave posted:

I also think they shine as a response to something. Uncle Paul can be hilarious, but without it being a reaction you're just hearing pedophile fan fiction.

He also works better when there's people in the room reacting to him. Part of the fun is hearing people in studio go "Oh, jesus christ, ew, " etc while laughing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
cokelogic stinks.

• Locked thread