Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

AndrewP posted:

Yeah, he was fanboying it up pretty hard, but I can't say I blame him. Really enjoyed that interview. Is this the first time Ron's interviewed a comedian who also happened to be a huge fan?

Also he laughs like a lunatic.

I think Bobby Moynihan mentioned that he was a big fan of O&A/R&F in his Unmasked. I don't think they went too far into detail about it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

As someone who has never listened to A&O, could someone explain where Opie fits into this whole scandal? You guys are all fans of the duo... but clearly don't subscribe to Anthony's nutjob racist thinking. So why has Opie stuck with him (besides their contract) throughout these years?

There have already been a couple of guys who've hit the nail on the head, they worked better as a pair than as two separate entities. Opie is the one who coordinates the team and keeps everything running smoothly, he isn't hitting a whole lot of home runs but that's not really what he should be doing anyway. That's where Anthony came in; despite all his racism Ant is hilarious when he gets the chance to be. Together you've got a brand that survived (sort of) 20 years and entertained a lot of people. Things are still working with Ant gone and by all accounts it's not like the show has even really had a dip in quality but who knows how it's going to turn out? As long as he wasn't running his mouth about black people Anthony was the funny man and Opie was more than happy to let him be when it kept people tuning in.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I have a Ph.D in 'listening a lot!'

<------ it's part of the 'Darkness' bit.

So does that make you a Fezician, a Fezicist, or just a very sad man?

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Morter posted:

I think all of the posts you're complaining about are less like Opie (not) watching Walking on Greggshells, and more like Ronnie B going into TACS and saying "What'd I miss: some race stuff?"

Ron Bennington is a national treasure and could (should) get away with murder.

• Locked thread