Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Cacafuego posted:

I could be wrong, but hasn't Ant talked about drunk driving frequently? Like more than once getting caught in the Shelby? Or was it just speeding and driving like a psycho?

Yeah, Anthony is one of those "don't worry I drive really well when I'm drunk" people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I thought the 3 episodes where Louie is trying to take over the Tonight Show were really great

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Can he please finally just get fired for this

The racist tree and all that

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean like I don't wanna be that guy calling for someone's job because of what they believe because I mean to some extent he can't help how he was raised but there's no room in society for actual behavior like this

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I just can't imagine that there's nobody that could be told "Hey the guy you are paying millions of dollars to is running around calling people niggers on twitter and in real life" that would result in at least something happening

Or I mean someone in entertainment news or whatever, not necessarily at Sirius

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

quote:

And in the intervening decade, from what former listeners and tipsters have told us, Cumia's (and Hughes and frequent collaborator Jim Norton) racism has run deep.

As much as I basically hate Anthony it kinda sucks that Opie and Jim got swept into the "racism runs deep" thing as I'm pretty sure that neither of them is actually racist. Certainly not in the category of racist that Anthony is in.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I guess I had forgotten the whole Jimmy hates arab coffee thing

I kinda tunnel visioned about just attitudes about black people but I guess you're right

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I read that whole thing real fast and have no idea if Earl is upset or not at all

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised the CNN headline wasn't "NY Radio Host said WHAT"

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Anthony fired is the very top trending thing on my facebook list now and I'm not a fan of anything relating to the show on there

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
If sba isn't trolling I'm pretty shocked at someone actually siding with Anthony here

That poor man was assaulted :qq:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

:stare: holy poo poo

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Who is that?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
One of the funniest TV edit things I can remember (well, this isn't TV edit per se I guess) was the beep game where they'd take news reports and replace random words with censor beeps. There was one news story about how a bunch of drivers were mad at joggers for clogging up the roads in their neighborhoods and how they almost get run over and poo poo because nobody can see them and so they beeped it so that the "gers" was still audible and it worked really well. It really just sounded like what the news would be like if Anthony Cumia was in charge.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
someone responded with "Didn't stop you from becoming autistic." lmao

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Listening to the past few days' shows, the party at the moon tower thing is killing me

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for Fez to come back as the Midnight Lurker, just sitting there not talking but wearing the hat

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Man I don't know why but he really reminds me of like an uglied up Jon Stewart

Like some of the faces he makes and stuff especially

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

So Ron's totally insane and not very good at radio partner is now a radio host on a national platform, because of Ron? Gross.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

If I remember correctly, didn't Fezzie have a degree in communications or something? It was a little after college that he contacted Ron.

And are you saying he was never good on the radio?

Probably not by the time they were on nationally but I guess he still did some stuff occasionally on XM in like 2004

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

JFC posted:

I'm looking forward to Bennington because I've never listened to talk radio with a father and one of his kids. I've listened to Stern, O&A, R&F (and some poo poo local radio) but I'm excited for a new dynamic. They already have great chemistry, Gail has a good sense of humor, and they know how to make each other laugh, something that has been sorely missing from R&F (and O&A for that matter) for the last few years. Ron finally has a co-host that will disagree with him and not just "You're right Ron" everything he says. It'll actually spark discussion. Imagine that.

Can't wait til Ron asks her if she practices kissing with her friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

It's a pretty good metaphor for the show at the end, actually

I have that one too

• Locked thread