Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

C'mon guys, that's kind of cool. I'm sure Fez just found them in a jacket pocket one day and remembered that...

UncleMonkey posted:

"I grabbed those matches on the way out the door, and I knew I would hang onto them the rest of my life."

... oh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Maybe instead of splitting the thread into the O&A and R&F threads, we can have one thread for people who like the show, and people who obsessively hate it.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

" ...I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook."

Amazing. Great work.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

What a stupid way to go out

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

edit: I'm a dummy. Crumbs != Mollys

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

OldTennisCourt posted:

Since we're contemplating the end of the show, what's everyone favorite O&A moments?

A few pages back, but I just remembered one of my favorite Anthony stand-by bits: Guy on the toilet before we all had phones and iPads reading a shampoo bottle and going "Hmm, yellow dye #5.... hydronium sulfate, interesting..."

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Someone put together an aggravation of information Anthony has put out there about the new show

http://www.reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/2aoubn/info_on_ants_upcoming_show/

quote:

RT @billaugerman1: @AnthonyCumia - does your new show have a video element?
-gently caress yes.

RT @CJspiraled: @AnthonyCumia is your new show daily?
-We're looking at Mon-Thurs. 2hrs a day. With 4 "specials" a year.

RT @OpieAntFan: @AnthonyCumia How expensive will the new show be?
-Under 7 bucks a month. Not bad. Cheaper than than Sirius! Ha.

RT @RedWhiteAndWs: @AnthonyCumia I'm assuming your show will be live as well as on demand?
-You assume correctly.

RT @grabbaggar: @AnthonyCumia will your show have commercials?
-If I do live reads, I'll make them as entertaining as possible. Ha.

RT @ididntdoshit: @AnthonyCumia can i get it down under?
-Yeah mate! link[6]
RT @cass316:I'm from Scotland. Will international fans b able 2 subscribe?
-Yes! I'm excited about the international aspect of this!

RT @maluku1908: @AnthonyCumia @OpieAntFan can I use paypal?
-Working out payment options. It's gonna be very easy.

RT @GrumpyKez: @AnthonyCumia Who will host the show, just you?
-To start. We'll see what the future holds. Don't wanna force a cohost.

RT @rageofthehebrew: @AnthonyCumia Did you figure out what the timeslot will be yet?
-Looking at 3-5 east but not locked in yet.

RT @TALLguy_trucker: @AnthonyCumia Phone app?
-Yes! Absolutely. I have so many people working on this right now. This ain't a hobby anymore

RT @og_gin: @AnthonyCumia will you talk about some of the stuff you weren't able to talk about (if any) on Sirius?
-Holy poo poo yes!

Adding more...
RT @GwangjuSam: @AnthonyCumia @GrumpyKez hope Opie and Jimmy join you in october
-Me too!

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Anthony's show will start out guns-a-blazin' in all senses of the word, and quickly burn through all its material in a few weeks. Unless he actually hires writers and producers to keep a steady stream of material coming onto the show to discuss, it'll be just like every other wild-and-crazy podcast out there that hasn't updated in 4 years.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Lovechop posted:

Jay Mohr is also not funny.

Breuer just loves himself too much, he sucks. I did like the pizza guy story, but even then it was like he was trying to make himself sound really cool and badass.

He does that for pretty much any interview. He's got three stories worked out, and he's going to get to them whether he has to forcibly bend the conversation or straight up tell the host before they go on air. It works great for him, when he's calling into a bunch of radio stations to promote a tour or album, but it bothers me when a performer passes on an opportunity to work in the now.

The fact that I 100% don't believe any of his stories probably doesn't help, either.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Joe DeRosa was on Monday's @Midnight, and it almost looked like his ugly KKTITN was covered up or blurred out or something. It just looked like a dark green blob. Does anyone know what the deal is with it? I remember the saga of it being based on George Carlin telling him "Keep kicking them in the nuts", which he apparently told everyone, and the internet isn't turning up anything after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

entenmann's

• Locked thread