Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Saint Jimmy posted:

Which one of them called the Nintendo Wii the "W2"? That was loving great.

I don't know, but that reminds me of Opie calling that Rob Schneider show ¡Rob! "iRob"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I was just thinking about one of my favorite Patrice moments the other day, when he was describing how you die in Call Of Duty...

"and then they give you a quote from some famous war guy. 'War is crazy poo poo!" -Alexander The Great"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Homeless Charlie took place on satellite radio and got a bunch of media exposure.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I bet he was referring to the Slave Girl bit, which is on Youtube. It'd be kinda funny if Patrice posthumously got the boys fired.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I've been reading these threads since O&A started on XM in 2004 and the only time I remember people being annoyed at Patrice was when Jim was out filming Lucky Louie and Patrice was in every day for like a month.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I actually enjoyed Californication, but stopped watching about halfway though season 2 and have had no desire to start it back up again.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

What's that story Jimmy always tells about the hardest he's ever laughed, at some off the cuff comment Otto made on stage at a really lovely club?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Are O&A off all week?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

He's literally turning into Uncle Paul

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Which reminds me, where is that clip of the "I don't caaare" singing guy from?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

A victim of the modern age, poor poor girl.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

This is the picture that started the whole thing. So his story about innocently taking pictures of the city is already BS. He was purposely snapping pictures of this woman.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah they're off until Monday. I thought taking every Friday off was supposed to be their vacation this summer?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Obama president naaaah!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Guys I called a black woman a friend of the family on a public street in New York City and shockingly every black man within earshot came over to defend her, what SAVAGES

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

WHEN THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN?

I'M SCARED OF YOU AND I'M PROTECTING MYSELF.

That uppity friend of the family went and hit me on the head with a shovel.

Liar whore, liar whore you know it.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Now I'm laughing picturing Anthony doing that "guy waking up and remembering he's in trouble" bit tomorrow but for real.

*birds chirping* "Mmm looks like a sunny day out today" *streeeeech* "Guess I better go downstairs and get the coffee goi-OH HOLY poo poo I BLEW UP MY WHOLE CAREER!"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just find it hard to believe that nobody, whether it be Opie or Jim or management, sat Ant down at some point over the last five years and said "look man, even if this poo poo doesn't get us fired, it's causing us to hemorrhage listeners by the thousands. What are you doing?"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

She just wanted to know which way was norf.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T575Pbo4eWM

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

When you see me takin' pictures, best get outta myyy way...

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

spudsbuckley posted:

The Opie Show on The Opie Channel.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

JFC posted:

Too bad Dominic Barbara has been disbarred.

It's a shame Ant was fired on the national holiday that is Swallows Day in San Juan Capistrano.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I enjoy the Reddit thread with the list of controversial celebrities that SiriusXM employs and now has to fire because of this precedent. Apparently Frank Sinatra will be receiving his pink slip soon.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I can't believe people actually think Ant is being serious and trying to score points with these pictures and videos of him bro-ing out with Carlton, and not just trolling the gently caress out of the situation.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

zapplez posted:

Something Awful forums. Where the site got famous from 9/11 jokes featuring yakety sax. Now , if you have racist views you deserve to be assaulted and lose your livelihood.

It's almost as if there's a difference between humor and someone's actual view on things.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I think that's actually a Live From The Compound shirt.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

His old job is still available: http://www.apollohvac.com/careers

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

Man, I just listened to the Back to the Future commentary, and this is the perfect example of Ant's racism being funny: He keeps bashing Goldie Wilson, blaming him for ruining Hill Valley circa 1985 in the original film. It's just so loving ridiculous and obviously tongue-in-cheek that it's hard to not laugh at.

Funny that both Ant and Fez's downfalls were a result of them becoming their over-the-top radio personas in real life.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

BottledBodhisvata posted:

but he's not even racist that's what is so crazy about it

Afro Americans.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I like the shock jock gags where they gently caress with normal people who are just trying to go about their day, like Sidewalk Fishing and the Box Of Cocks. But the strippers in studio and dudes eating their own vomit or whatever were usually dull as hell. The Superball Challenge was four hours of nothing, ending with the best fifteen seconds of radio ever.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Jesus what's with his teeth in that video? He looks like Pennsyltucky in OITNB.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I want Ant to give us the dirt about Ben Sparks' firing. I know it's because he spit on that Stern fan, but there has to be more to it because he turned on O&A too.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Haha, Opie had a pretty quick line today that no one even acknowledged, when Vos was talking about finding furniture out by the dumpster

Opie: That's the kind of thing you're supposed to do in college.
Vos: I didn't go to college.
Opie: Obviously.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

T Bowl posted:

I find it weird it took Anthony like 7 years to get a cat after his ex left with their old one. He is so obsessed now and he used to talk about little "Jack Jack" a lot.

Little known fact about Jack Jack: he was given to Ant by none other than Steve from Bayshore.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I don't have a date or link or anything, but they were talking about black music vs white music and Patrice started humming what a typical white person song sounds like, and the melody he was humming was "Dreams"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Holy poo poo I found it. Been wanting to hear this again for years

http://youtu.be/Hrd4WyDYO6g starts at exactly the 2 hour mark

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

His body was swinging back the other way.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Man, poor Samm Levine, that's what he's doing these days? The rest of the Freaks and Geeks cast went on to pretty much run Hollywood and he's the sidekick on someone else's podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Jim's show was pretty funny, but I hope he doesn't rely too much on the pervert sex stuff. I mean, I know that's his shtick, but he's a lot funnier when he's being silly and talking about Lasagna Hat Leap Year or going on a 15 minute rant about why trees are stupid. Hopefully this is just his WNEW "slip in a puddle of AIDS" phase, and he gets comfortable and spreads out the scope of his comedy if the show gets picked up.

• Locked thread