Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I watched the Rich Vos at the dentist video for the first time today. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think you should label it and tweet it to Opie / Sam and they'll probably address it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

mr_bunnyfish posted:

What song got played on O&A today before Dr. Ian Smith called in?

Bush - Machinehead ?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah folding on guests is just being a smart broadcaster. If they burn bridges with everyone no one would book there, and contrary to what they say, that would be bad for them and they would hate it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Isn't that whole series on getty images?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I feel like the whole week was pretty god drat awesome.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Victorkm posted:

I was happy they brought Oscar in. I love that dork.

Hell yeah!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The Bobo stuff started to get a little ridiculous today. It came really close to just "Haha you're retarded!"

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Just listened to the Scott interview. I hate using this word, but it really, truly, was epic.

EDIT: Think I was still in shock.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 28, 2014

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDE7Vw8TzHA

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I actually agree with the boys. Ellis didn't just say he has the best radio show, he also said he's bigger than Opie and Anthony, "they're done", and that they're on their way out.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

ChristianDB posted:

Doesn't he ave sort of a point? Lets say Opie and Anthony entered the market today, would they even compete? I feel like their fandom now is loyalty. Sure they made friends who will drop by and make the laughs but those three sifted towards politics, race and family. At least that's what the gist of the thread is. Also laughing at retarded people and freaks has made a come back with some of you really enjoy.

Let me first say that it doesn't matter if he has a point or not he should show some respect for guys that did nothing but try to help out his career, he's being a scumbag.

Now to your point, it doesn't matter. If they have a giant fanbase because they're fans are loyal... they still have a giant fanbase.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

O__O posted:

Did they bring up Fez melting down on O&A today?

Yeah they played clips from it, but didn't go too over the top talking about it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The most amazing thing happened with that today. When they all acted like it was Ant, Jimmy used that to indirectly call Opie stupid. It was joking I know but I don't think I've ever heard Jimmy go after Opie since I've listened to the show.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just started listning to today's show and he sounds absolutely bat poo poo crazy.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They also don't realize that all of their buddies doing podcasts are doing them as a second or third job.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Jim tweeted this and it makes me sick to look at it:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I can't believe she ate no food yesterday and just had beer.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

There's also two very uncomfortable silences when Jimmy and Ant try to jokingly hit on her.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm not going to knock them for trying to get some new audience that way.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That's not exactly racist if that's in fact what they said / did. I didn't really see any racism in the interview nor was I giving it 100% of my attention.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I love it when people get all lawyery about what exactly is and isn't racism. :allears:

It's like how I love when people jump to "THAT'S RACIST!" when someone describes what actually happened!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Just remember with all that Bobo poo poo like 90% of it is set up by the boys themselves. Like they absolutely had him in front of the studio and they are always calling him to get him on the air.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah Sam had her interrupt a little too much at times and he started to run it into the ground a bit.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's just so pathetic listening to Opie defending his 90s style instead of just taking a beating. He's so loving insecure.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Guys, don't you understand that white people have run the world so well that we shouldn't mess it up?

Oh and black people absolutely aren't at any disadvantages and racism is over, everything should be an even playing field now.

I haven't even listened to today's show yet.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I hope a heart attack.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

CrashCat posted:

I gotta imagine that closing that off can't be great for getting prospective bookings to talk to him, but I guess his self-esteem is more important.

Probably wouldn't affect it. It just means he has to approve the tweets before they are public, because he's soft.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Of course, they wouldn't make poo poo podcasting.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah Bobo sounds like someone I want to have a driver's license...

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Nice break on Opie's thinned skinness with the Hannity stuff today. Nice to see Jimmy and Ant not really being on his side.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

spudsbuckley posted:

Jimmy started crying on air a little bit by the sounds of it

He really broke down and couldn't speak on mic and you could hear him breathing really heavy while Op and Ant said "awwww Jimmy what's wrong?".

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Haha yeah Ant couldn't get out of that situation faster.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No just today.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I really want to skip the show to avoid all that but I also really want to hear humble and Fred.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I loved how adamant Di had to be about horses not using Craigslist.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Tuesday.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Dude speak up your phone is crapping out. ( but seriously how does any fan still fall for that?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If the b b b b b boys presented all the facts on air then that community manager story is super hosed up and ridiculous. It's absolutely reasonable to question the legality of the recordings while not being a crazy racist.

• Locked thread