Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, maybe Web Radio Classics is hiring.

EDIT: And judging from therealjon_'s screencap above and what I'm seeing now, about 3200 tweets from Anthony just went bye bye.

delfin fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
This is the way the world ends: not with a bang but a &$;;-:.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Since we're contemplating the end of the show, what's everyone favorite O&A moments?

The pinnacle of Evil Opie: "Rick... TAKE THE WIG."

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Social Justice Warrior.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
That's not Tony from Long Island, that's Frenchy's cousin Guinea. "You should live in a fuckin' dumpster in Queens, you fuckin' savage &$;;-:"

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The new 55 Gallon Drum Challenge will be amazing. "See, we're putting black women in drums, and then hitting the drums with increasingly higher calibers of ammunition..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It had been a long while since I'd felt personally hosed over by Sirius XM, but by god they managed.

My aging RoadyXT was acting up frequently -- losing connection at intervals even though I'd replaced the antenna with a new one -- so I went looking for a replacement. Since a new Roady vehicle kit was around $50 and the Onyx Plus was around $70 on Amazon, I went with the newer gadget (which, I will note, blows for FM reception -- I'll be hooking my old SmartConnect or whatever it was called antenna hookup to see if that helps).

I upgraded from Monthly - Standard to Yearly - All Access at the same time, figuring the cost would come out reasonably close. With the Onyx I also got the Xtra channel set in the car, so that's a small plus. I switched the devices around, changed the subscription type online, went to activate the new radio... and was presented with a $15 Radio Changing Fee.

:what:

Fine. So I drove around with it for a bit and programmed in three FM channels so that I can get around static blasts fairly easily. I got home and set up the online stream, which is something that I had sincerely missed; I had it back in the pre-Mel (gently caress Mel) days when it was free, then they found out we liked that and started charging for it and I refused to pay for it on principle.

I logged into it on my laptop, found a station and hit play. My wife logged into it on her laptop, found a station and hit play. My station stopped dead.

One Internet-streaming device at a time per account even now that it COSTS EXTRA.

gently caress Mel and all of his children.

• Locked thread