Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Davey Mac Sports Program going on an indefinite hiatus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Call Me Charlie posted:

Does that include the riotcast version?

They said their Tuesday podcast will continue. I've never listened to it so if that's the riotcast version of the show then yes it will continue for now.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Kreg posted:

Could it be O&A no longer want him on the channel if Ron and Fez are leaving?

I don't remember the exact phrasing but they said management told them something like "we want to see how things on the channel shake out first". So probably a bit of management and a bit of OandA using an opportunity to reset the channel as theirs only right now.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

So wait they dropped Davey Mac but kept Joe "UFC Drugs UFC Drugs UFC Drugs DRUGS DRUGS" Rogan? That and now it's his podcast twice on Saturday too? Well isn't that fantastic. /Not. Is Dr. Steve's show sticking around?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

I'd almost prefer they fill time on the channel like another radio show --that shall not be named-- by playing random "best ofs" from years ago. It would be awesome to hear a Homeless Shopping Spree or a random classic Rich Vos or Patrice Oneal clip when I tune in late nights or the time filler weekend slots.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Only if you can convince comics to be on a channel that sounds like it's being broadcast thru a tin can first.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

The best of track is hosed and they're playing the same things are messed up loop repeatedly which is actually funnier than some of the best ofs.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

So when does Ron and Fez get re-branded to "Ron Bennington Has His Own Radio Show."

One thing I don't think Ron "King of all Radio Ruses and Jokes" Bennington gets is this time there's going to have to be a pay off with Fez since they've lost the main channel, probably a lot of causal listeners, and likely many frequent listeners that feel the show has become stagnated and who have been told "After this date...". You let them know if there will be changes and it might bring back some people back, maybe.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Every year they bitch and every year they resign. They know where the guaranteed money tit is.

Although I could picture them trying to negotiate another time slot. They are so used to mornings now that too would be a surprise.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

http://youtu.be/UvmkZebefbQ

World Star! I admit it, I lol'd.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

So were they in today? They on hiatus?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Yeah, hopefully Opie knows no one wants to listen to a show with just him. He'll then give the bandwidth to Ron and Fez and things will be back to normal.

Who am I kidding. We've just exchanged Ant's 45 minute rants for Opie's 45 minute sales-pitch's for t-shirts and other bullshit.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

As far as I'm concerned they can just keep playing best of's over and over again from here on out and call it a day.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

I feel like Sirius'd call bullshit on that after all that's happened.

But he get past security?... What without his id badge and all...

Did they continue the No Anthony Replay theme best of today? Wonder how fast they'll run out of those shows and segments.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Guess the change to the new channel name is official because it went live last night.

Was E-Rock's show live tonight? They did a good job dancing around the topic when talking to Mike from Don and Mike.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

He used to talk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVibk0Zek94

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

I haven't really listened much since about a week after anthony left and the show burned out with too much opie. I caught some this past week and this week though and I keep hearing a chick. Did they finally cave and get a """"Hole""""?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Opie Radio Channel. Ughhh.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

The worst part about the split is no more jocktober.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

No troy you can't talk on the radio please type your responses because Opie is a dick.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

YOU SEE IT IS BECAUSE -RACE-. I'M NOT A RACIST SO I DON'T SUBSCRIBE.

People are already paying at least $15 bucks a month for a wide range of content. You would be hard pressed to find a large segment of your "average listener" that will pay about the same amount for just one show and no other content.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Was the opie joining ron and jim joining fez chat from today or was it recorded before? Only heard part of it and I'm trying to find the rest.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

As if the rule #1 of a radio PROFESSIONAL BROADCASTER is to make sure you don't pick a side entirely and alienate half of your potential audience. Or something.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

hipster ron finally makes it on to hipster station.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Oh it's l studio.

Not el studio.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

That's bs because I've been with it since about the start and I have not yet been hit on. :colbert:

I just realized how much money I've spent on this loving company.

Don't get me started on the stock. :negative:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Surprised you were even able to switch radios online, it used to be you could add one online but you absolutely had to call if you were going to do anything that deactivated a radio such as replacing it with a new one. Though I believe even back then there was a fee for that.

The online limit thing is dumb too but pretty standard. Still you would think they could offer you a second online connection for a small fee. I don't even know what you can do about that besides call them up and bitch.

Or how about per radio. Oh you pay for two cars? Maybe there are two people in your household then, and maybe they might want to listen online at the same time. Oh sorry, gently caress you.

• Locked thread