Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Ducktales Blogger posted:

I'm new to the Ron&Fez show... My introduction was this year's jocktober, then the blueberry incident, and then listening to the link in the OP and then a few other older recordings that I found on youtube and... What exactly is Fez's deal? When and why did he basically shut down and stop participating on the show? Was it before or after he came out?

Any insight into Fez would be helpful

Before. When the decline started depends on who you ask and how long they've been listening, really; when I started listening in early 2009 I liked Fez, but many people say the decline started before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Kreg posted:

Could it be O&A no longer want him on the channel if Ron and Fez are leaving?

I always got the impression that O&A were a little bit scared of him

cochise posted:

Not a huge loss. The advice show started strong but it went downhill fast.

:sax:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

So apparently this happened

"Lady Di; not just a name, but a good idea"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Insinuating that a sponsor's product may or may not result in you being raped by 700 people at once doesn't make sales too happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9L6MRL74Vo

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

UncleMonkey posted:

Sorry, don't want to turn this into a political derail. Just want to make it perfectly clear, Ant is a far-right republican at best. He is most definitely not a libertarian, even if he thinks he is.

He's a right-wing shitheel doesn't give a poo poo about "the fagolas" getting married or about weed, so he's pretty much a libertarian by today's Internet Libertarian standards.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Tell us more about how you both like the same four loving Black Crowes songs that have been on repeat at classic rock stations for 25 loving years you hacks.

Anyway, all that aside, any Louis CK show is worth tuning in for.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Gonz posted:

Dude's a 9/11 truther. gently caress him.

Not exactly.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

An Enormous Boner posted:

I don't think any of them did hard drugs

Ant used to score coke with his mom.

"RO! ANTHONY HAS SOME BLOW FOR US"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

ozza posted:

"It's redistribution of wealth!"

"$500,000 a year in New York City is not rich!"

I am alternately amused and frustrated by Anthony's political views. His analysis is shallower than a puddle in the Sahara.

Whenever someone suggests that Ant or Jim are to be taken seriously, I remember a couple of years ago when they said in all seriousness that $250k/year was a "solid middle-class income". Spoiled loving white trash man-children.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Is it weird that I want Ant *and* Fez to go away and leave us with the Ron and Opie show? Both seem so much more relaxed and less likely to act on their worst on-air tendencies when working together.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

I wonder what would happen if Adult Services were called on his family. The idea of his idiot mother feigning ignorance of what he does on the show is hilarious to me.

"Young man you clean your room RIGHT NOW or you will NOT be pussy diving at the Queens Motor Inn"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Jesse Ventura did an AMA, during which he was asked about American Taliban Gregg Hughes and classified document leaker Lyle Chipperson

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

bunky posted:

I looked at a reddit thread, in which I asked myself "How can I easily get to the post that Rev. Bleech mentioned?"

The three O&A questions are linked at the top here; one of the rare instances when the O&A subreddit is more useful than flaming dog poo poo in a bag.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

1st1sHere posted:

It does get better each time I watch it.

Video of Shelby putting on lip gloss (I think?) and Bigfoot-esque footage of Fez.

http://instagram.com/p/lfmRQVhmjM

Ronnie B has the Beard of Sorrow in preparation for April

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

If we can't get together $300 for a Fez live read from "the National Blueberry Council, Blueberries! The Stand Alone Fruit", we deserve sobbing Fez.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Amphion posted:

Wackbag and youtube commenters are enraged at O&A&J for not attacking her and the xojane blogger after all the feminist/white male privilege talk.

As is the O&A subreddit, as everyone screams "SHUT UP YOU STUPID WHORE ERRRRRGH YOU'RE JUST A DUMB WHORE". Naturally the irony escapes them.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

bigman.50grand posted:

Natty Ice is 5.9% abv. It's also 50% cheaper and 1000% more disgusting than Budweiser.

In the US, anyone who drinks a lot of Natty Ice or Icehouse is either an alcoholic or a dumbfuck dudebro who wants to get hammered faster. Even when I was in college we'd get a 6 pack of half-decent beer and save the Beast or whatever other swill we chose until we were 6 in.

Here in North Carolina they raised the allowable ABV from 6% to 15% in 2005, which has resulted in a nice little brewing boom full of tasty and affordable craft beers.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Combo posted:

Yeah I noticed going back to listen to things from maybe 07 and before, they used a poo poo ton of sound effects, so even the clips I'm interested in I have a hard time listening to. But I don't mind a good car crash when someone bombs, and some well placed drops are good.

I'm always up for a "SOO! Isn't this GREAT?" or a "WHAT HAPPENED" myself

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Peter North posted:

It's strange that they picked that clip, because I forgot that even happened after all the free plugs Ant gave Niggermania.com today.

The best part of that, to me, was reliable loudmouth prick Nick DiPaolo quietly saying "I don't like that" while Ant steamrolled ahead, giggling his idiot head off about niggermania to a silent studio.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

TwistedNails posted:

I have a feeling more 5XL's will be sold than smalls.

Why? How many do you think Roland will really buy?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

ye'kiddin'!

But no, that Jimmy audio is...weirdly heartbreaking to hear.

EDIT: Also,

Call Me Charlie posted:

Don't head over to the Ron & Fez reddit.

Incidentally one of the times I called into Ron and Fez was to discuss the scene in your title :allears:

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 15, 2014

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

CrashCat posted:

So he's going to die twice?

He died inside a long time ago, circa 2009, rest in piss

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

BUH GUYS LEMME IN DA SHOW, GUYS PLEASE I NEED TICKETS GU-zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

livingfruitvirus posted:

Bobo and Jimmy

granddad_and_me.jpg

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

My wife is annoyed with me. The reason? I can't stop singing the theme song to WEIRD NEWWWWS. Why the gently caress is this one hack bit so goddamn funny.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's a real gas how the delusional, self-congratulatory goon "OTHERING" of reddit persists 5+ years later despite the undeniably

Say what you will about this thread, the amount of disgruntled "WHY CAN'T *I* SAY 'friend of the family'?!?" MRA white supremacist douchebags here is definitely lower than the O&A subreddit

O__O posted:

The Ron and Fez subreddit is actually pretty good and all the guys who post youtube clips are there and take requests.

It is infinitely better than the O&A subreddit, and just as tired as everyone else of Fez's bullshit.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

spudsbuckley posted:

I can't get enough of them playing Scorch's Weird News stinger on completely inappropriate clips.

Scorch and Weird News is to O&A what Grover and his house are to SA: never, ever not funny.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

My kids were watching that Chipmunk movie this morning and I remembered another odd guest was David Cross. I remember even way back on Howard Stern he's very odd in studio, but the littlest thing he'll go off on and get very defensive. I recall he got very standoffish with Ron because Ron suggested he was complaining about the cold air in the studio. I always enjoy seeing David Cross on TV/movies etc but always end up dissapointed when I hear him on the radio ... must not translate, or he's just a fiesty guy.

I've disliked David Cross ever since he wrote that open letter to Larry the Cable Guy.

I mean, gently caress Larry the Cable Guy too and all, but it takes some balls to call someone out for dumb-stereotype-based comedy and fart jokes when you were in loving Scary Movie 2.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

I get Ron's issues with the 9/11 memorial in a way. I've visited all 3 memorials (granted, Shanksville hadn't even broken ground on the permanent memorial yet when I was there) and New York is the only one of the 3 where I watched a parade of tourists take smiling selfies in front of what amounted to a mass grave just behind them. By contrast, aside from a brief presentation by a park ranger, the Flight 93 memorial was silent as a tomb and appropriately somber even with two dozen tourists hanging around and no one was at the Pentagon memorial at all.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

eightysixed posted:

To be fair, gently caress poo poo Stack is a good song :colbert:

Take a spudsbuckley post; put it up on the wall, check it out for awhile

Google Butt posted:

So did anything cool or good happen in either show today? Or no.

Dan Soder was on O&A. Your mileage may vary, but I'm a total mark for a Dan Soder appearance.

T Bowl posted:

As a big fan of the sport (see the ball?!) I find it unlistenable. Anthony immediately scoffing whenever they discussed it was annoying too, the big baseball fan doesn't like soccer but finds baseball wildly entertaining? Yeah, cool.

Do you still count as a baseball fan when you wait until October to jump on the Yankees bandwagon every year, though?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

so how much white privilege bitching about the Redskins am I in for on the replay

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Soccer is basically like taking a recording of a hockey game and slowing it down 75%

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Where's #BoardOpOpie?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Re: Red Rain - "Peter Gabriel was always too weird for me."

Yes Ant, few things were as weird, experimental, and avant-garde as adult contemporary top 40 from 1986.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

It amuses the hell out of me to imagine ol pissy eyes making a comeback in the middle of Times Square. Wonder what gun he buys after this.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

EDIT ^^ I would say forward his Twitter bullshit to the right people, but who would that be? The sponsors? I'm not sure the show would survive without that sweet Squatty Potty money coming in.

I hope the ghost of dear old dad is swooping around the room, chasing a terrified and squealing Ant through his McMansion while shouting "wOoOoOooOoOOoOo PISSY EYED human being wOoOoOOoOo". Ant shoots frantically at his spectral father but the bullets do nothing

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 2, 2014

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

I mean like I don't wanna be that guy calling for someone's job because of what they believe because I mean to some extent he can't help how he was raised but there's no room in society for actual behavior like this

Well it's sort of obvious by now that none of his co-hosts or guests are gonna call him out for it; it would be hilarious to watch him twist on the hook though.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Guy Compton posted:

Ron mentioned the incident. He just framed it as Ant was attacked in time square. I don't think he's really aware of what happened.

spudsbuckley posted:

Isn't he always going on about keeping your head on a swivel in NYC and laughing at tourists looking up at all the shiny lights in Times Square?

The fact that Times Square is literally loving Disneyland and he still finds a way to get himself socked in the face by someone other than the black Israelites just makes it funnier. Obama president naaah!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Nucleic Acids posted:

Given that we only have his side of the story so far, it just seems hard to believe just snapping a photo of her was enough to make her angry enough to attack him.

Not to say he's telling the full unvarnished truth (he isn't), but I definitely got the stinkeye several times in New York if someone happened to be in a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Under the vegetable posted:

Ron and Fez, noon to three, sirius xm comedy hits channel 99.

now is the time where we flood the thread with better headlines for Ant's troubles.

Niwrad posted:

If Ant is gone the show is over. Jim has other stuff going on and just doesn't seem as invested in the show. Opie just isn't good.

Fire Ant, fire Fez, go ahead and buy 866-RON-0-PIE and treat us right.

• Locked thread