Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Let us not forget the I57 ignite ads. I'm on my phone or I'd find the link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

returnh posted:

If I turn my radio off on channel 99, when I turn it back on it's on channel 98. Nothing works.

For the longest time after their first channel move, my radio would not let me set their new station as a preset. Every time I'd turn it off and back on their old station was in my presets again, which meant the radio would sit on loading for 3 minutes and then go to the preview channel. Then, I'd hit the preset to their old station, and by some black magic it would take me to their new station.

Hitting other channels during the loading time would just make those channels sit on "loading" as well until it decided to throw me to the preview channel.

XM technology sucks.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

He clearly is a sex addict, so maybe he was/is an alcoholic.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Mikey Background is cuckolding Davey Mac? I wish he was still on the show.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

So, lets pool some cash together and advertise something with a lot of confusing sentences and big words for Opie to read.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Am I misremembering but didn't their old intro say "Jim Norton, lover of transvestites" and then get changed to say "lover of the transgendered" instead?

That's because Jim only sucks dicks on which tits are bolted, rather than ones only draped with blouses.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Call Me Charlie posted:

There's one clip that, out of context, could sink the show if it got legs like Opie's cake stomp video. Like Sirius wouldn't even attempt to stand by them. It'd be fire first, ask questions later.

Well? Which one is it?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

It happened to me just once my Android phone, and I thought nothing of it.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Fez is in meetings all day.

I'm just, I'm locked up here....

Sorry. I just locked up.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Dave's last day/The Midnight Rider's first day is a pretty great 2 day R&F saga.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

Sorry for starting the latest unbelievably not funny tangent this thread got on.

I am legitimately regretful for this.

Are you sorry you did that?
Are you embarrassed you did that?

StrugglingHoneybun fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 30, 2014

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

My friends and I booked Todd Barry once, and after the show, we were shooting the poo poo at a bar, and he mentioned that he started stand-up in Northern Florida, and I asked if he knew Ron Bennington. He said, yah, why, do you know him? And I had to admit that I only knew him from the radio, and he said he'd like to catch up with Ron one day.

I had assumed they were old friends, but maybe not.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

866 RON-0-NASH

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Anyone know/remember Jim's manager's name? It was Jonathan something, right?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

He should carve a backwards B into his cheek to help sell his story of innocence.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Should've just left her on her one way ride, Ant

New thread title?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Niwrad posted:

What kind of deals do they offer when you cancel? If it's just a month (which I think it was in the past), screw that.

Just today they offered me 2 months alongside a refund of the 3 months for which I had just been billed.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

I received a check from Anthony once, and it was made out form Half Life Entertainment LLC or something to that effect. I dunno if that helps in this discussion, but I posted it anyway.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Call Me Charlie posted:

Are you the guy who got his car window broken for having a WOW sticker?

Yup, that was me.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Vos telling Pete Rose, "So you're good with numbers; where'd that get you?" made me laugh really hard. Vos rules. That whole show ruled.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

I thought Opie was just teasing Jim because He loved the original movie so much. The whole thing seemed playful.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

There is no loving way Fez's steak gently caress up wasn't a work. It was too perfect. They've mastered this thing. I laughed really loving hard even though it was a bit.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

How is the level of success of any involved party relevant?

They were friends, Joe got his feelings hurt and should have called Ant to hash it out instead of bash him on a podcast. How much money either of them made doesn't factor in.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Auron posted:

Its relevant because its was a stupid emotional response that not only ruined his personal friendship with Anthony, but also alienated a fanbase which hurts him financially as well.

The world of comedy doesn't begin and end with Anthony Cumia. Joe did act like a child, but his career isn't over because he fought with a radio show.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

I know that, to the uneducated listener, Anthony's weekly racist tirades made him seem like a racist, but that doesn't match up with the guy I know. That's what's so unbelievable about this whole thing. The media didn't do their homework when they only unearthed 85 or so hours of Ant's racial ramblings. This is why I hate the press.

- Opie

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Ugh, why did this take me so long to see?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

This might border on :filez:, but the normal place seems to be down and has been since Thursday. Is there another place for that sort of thing?

I don't have plat, but you can reddit msg me at u/kirb

edit: I've been guided to the right place. Thanks!

StrugglingHoneybun fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 10, 2014

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Ok ok ok, I have to explain this. You see, I never acknowledged Chip before, but now I have to.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Lionel stinks.
Jimmy's replay machine rules.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

NarkyBark posted:

Hearing Patton Oswalt's reaction to the Todd show was pretty good too.

Was this recent?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

JFC posted:

Birdie, the best bird dog ever.

Finally heard this. Ron is too funny.

Also, he did live reads for proflowers and sherries berries during #Bennington that were fantastic and worth the listen.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Cacafuego posted:

What about the rich, uptight kid that tried to sue them after they made fun of his boots and called him gay or something. I'm drawing a blank on his name...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf8_Bkx39Mk

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

How Much Art posted:

loving BINGO. Definitely something I haven't heard happen to him in ages.

He started asking everyone else their opinions first, then taking the opposite side just to keep anything going. It was funny sometimes, but you could hear his frustration now and again.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

So that's what happened to Meg White. From one panicky nervous co-host to another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Disappointing Pie posted:

Black Earl sent me that mouse pad like 8 years ago and a stress ball that I lost long ago. I've used it every day since then. Just bought a Corsair gaming pad. Holy poo poo mousepads have gotten nice in the last decade.

My story mirrors yours. I'm pretty sure I still have that mouse pad and a t shirt.

• Locked thread