Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
I know the DoLab lineup won't come out until March... but gently caress.. I need it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

mitztronic posted:

I know the DoLab lineup won't come out until March... but gently caress.. I need it

Spoke too soon:

weekend 2 has its highlights for sure, but weekend 1's lineup is loving mindblowing

Pato
Mar 15, 2006
Duck
Has anyone gotten their tickets yet? Three of my friends (including my roommate) already have theirs but I've yet to receive anything. Not even a tracking number. I'm starting to get worried.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

My girlfriend got hers, and I'm having mine sent to her place but nothing so far. I wouldn't worry just yet.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I got mine yesterday. Now I either need to find someone to drive with, or sell one of them and buy a plane ticket.

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

A friend got theirs - I'm waiting for international post. Better be fast!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

As far as I know, only GA has gone out. I have a car camping pass too and I haven't seen any shipping notifications.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I just got my tracking notices today for 3 bands + shuttle passes.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
It's pretty this year :3:

Got it yesterday

Only registered members can see post attachments!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

mitztronic posted:

It's pretty this year :3:

Got it yesterday

Got mine on Friday. I love the snail shifting picture thing inside the box. Haven't built my snail yet.

GET HYPE

Asshole Businessman
Aug 8, 2007
I heart Donald Trump.
Is anyone still looking for housing for weekend 1? I got a motel reservation that I no longer need, but it's way past the cancelling date.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

BEGONE FOUL HEINEKEN!

quote:

One of the most exciting aspects of the festival is going to be the craft beer presence. Get this: a craft beer barn will be located in the marketplace area, which features not only a list of unique local vendors curated by Artisanal LA but four pop-ups of popular L.A. restaurants. And don’t get me started on the cocktail program in the Rose Garden VIP area which I’ll cover in a future post.

LINK. I wonder if its too late to get my Coachella helvetica t-shirt updated to add AND BEER BARN.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Here's a Coachella 2014 Youtube playlist. It has several songs by every artist appearing (+400 videos)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLslXY2xxgcnSvpxae9INbb6WixvghUstf

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ChocNitty posted:

Here's a Coachella 2014 Youtube playlist. It has several songs by every artist appearing (+400 videos)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLslXY2xxgcnSvpxae9INbb6WixvghUstf

This is awesome, thanks!

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

When does the schedule usually come out?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

NoArmedMan posted:

When does the schedule usually come out?

Like the week of Coachella, sometimes only a couple days before. It takes them forever to finalize it.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

You're not going to get to see half the poo poo you want to due to schedule conflicts, have fun!

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

Like the week of Coachella, sometimes only a couple days before. It takes them forever to finalize it.

Booooo. Oh well, will wait.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
If anyone is interested in meeting up with a bunch of goons, please let me know. I'll try to organize something. Fill this out or PM me or something.

Likely will be Fri or Sat morning (around 10/11am?), let me know if you have a preference. I'll give out my number to anyone interested, and my phone will be charged all weekend

My campgroup will be in very early Thursday if anyone wants to hang out

Rollcall:
1. jonmitz (+4 goons, +3 non goons)
2. incoherent ?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Oh hey I think I've probably played Dota or HoN with you. Would be down to come hang out.

I'll be there with a group and we've got 3 cars total. Gotta wait for a person riding with me to get off work, so my camp group won't be arriving until night time.

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

Ask me why I don't punctuate the last sentence of my post

mitztronic posted:

If anyone is interested in meeting up with a bunch of goons, please let me know.

Sent you a PM. NoArmedMan and tentatively RSPV'd for you as well.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Also for anyone who gets there on Thursday, what's this all about?

http://filtermagazine.com/index.php/rsvp/thanks/vip_12th_annual_filter_yacht_club_kicks_off_coachella_2014_weekends

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

psychicattack posted:

Sent you a PM. NoArmedMan and tentatively RSPV'd for you as well.

Excellent, I'm in

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Going to make it for :siren: Friday morning, anytime around 10-12 (or earlier/later) :siren:, come hang out, get high in the desert with goons, whatever.

I don't plan to go in too early on Friday - but really hard to know for sure until timeslots come out.

I'll post an update Thursday early afternoon with our campsite cross street and identifying info. As I said before, my phone will be charged all weekend thanks to an awesome 15000 mAh battery I'm bringing. All goons are welcome to stop by at any time over the weekend and hang out with our mostly-goon camp.

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 7, 2014

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Filter throws a pre-Coachella party every year. I've never gone to it though.

Mitz, I may swing by and say hey to goons, PM me your number. Hard to say if I'll get a chance due to some interesting group dynamics this year but it never hurts to have more people to possibly hang with!

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Indeed, once the Coachella has started we are all just along for the ride.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Cool. PM me your info too.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Filter throws a pre-Coachella party every year. I've never gone to it though.

Gotcha, didn't look like it was easy to get to, so wasn't sure if it's worthwhile (it's my first Coachella)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

air- posted:

Cool. PM me your info too.

Gotcha, didn't look like it was easy to get to, so wasn't sure if it's worthwhile (it's my first Coachella)

I know a lot of people who are big on it and I always hear it mentioned. I'm never that big on trying to party hard Thursday night anyway, because the last thing I want is to go into Coachella tired and hungover.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Weather forcast: Hot

Only registered members can see post attachments!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

mitztronic posted:

Just where I like it. It was predicting mid 80s last week, and it doesn't feel like a real Coachella to me unless I'm melting.

Except for Rainchella, that was interesting in its own way.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
The Do Lab stage is moving to the new food area (5 acres), and the Yuma is supposedly now an L-shape, much larger, and has a beer garden inside

Do lab set times are slated to come out today

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Maps are up and it looks like all of the above is true except maybe the beer garden in the Yuma, it looks sort of adjacent. Do Lab off on its own should cut some of the sound bleed although I'll miss just cutting through it to get misted and cool off in between stages.

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

mitztronic posted:

Looks like my week of 35C in Nicaragua was well timed - Coachella acclimatisation.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Map is out: http://www.coachella.com/visiting-the-festival/festival-maps/

the iOS app is out in the apple store, I haven't seen anything in the android store yet.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Added:
>Nicholas Jarr
>Julian Casablancas
>Pixies

Days Moved:
>Netsky

Initial Thoughts:
Considering selling my ticket because of the Bonobo v Nicolas Jaar v Schlomo conflict on Friday.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Set times are up: http://www.coachella.com/settimes/

Some rough conflicts this year. Better have my running shoes on.

(edit): Holy poo poo the Pixies as an add :stare:

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 9, 2014

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

LATE ADDS.

gently caress YEAH, COACHELLA IS BACK BABY!

E: how the gently caress didnt anyone put two and two together... http://blog.pe.com/music/2014/04/08/pioneertown-pixies-to-play-pappy-harriets-april-17/

incoherent fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 9, 2014

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Not on the level of the musical adds, but Jabbawockeez just said on Twitter they'll be putting on a show at Coachella on Saturday night sometime. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Do Lab, since that's where Lucient Dossier sets up. They will be trippy as gently caress to see at Coachella.

Also, for those who didn't already know, Slash tweeted a few days ago that he'll be playing with Motorhead.

(edit) I never really listened to Julian Casablancas' solo stuff before, but what I'm hearing is pretty great.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 9, 2014

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

Flume vs Girl Talk. Brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

Ask me why I don't punctuate the last sentence of my post
Would some kind soul tell me if there's a way to update the app with the set times? Where did I go stupid? I uninstalled, reinstalled, updated, cried and even prayed. NO SET TIMES, everything at noon.

• Locked thread