Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Harry Privates posted:

Remember when they booked talented EDM like Aphex Twin, Chemical Brothers and Underworld. Not the flavor of the month EDM.

You're reacting as if the lineup is purely flavor of the month/strictly radio electronic music and that's hardly the case. Sounds like you're just not in the loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

As far as I know, only GA has gone out. I have a car camping pass too and I haven't seen any shipping notifications.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Oh hey I think I've probably played Dota or HoN with you. Would be down to come hang out.

I'll be there with a group and we've got 3 cars total. Gotta wait for a person riding with me to get off work, so my camp group won't be arriving until night time.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Also for anyone who gets there on Thursday, what's this all about?

http://filtermagazine.com/index.php/rsvp/thanks/vip_12th_annual_filter_yacht_club_kicks_off_coachella_2014_weekends

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Cool. PM me your info too.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Filter throws a pre-Coachella party every year. I've never gone to it though.

Gotcha, didn't look like it was easy to get to, so wasn't sure if it's worthwhile (it's my first Coachella)

air-
Sep 24, 2007

What set time PDF/Google doc are y'all finding the easiest to use? Seems like a bunch to pick through.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

That crowd seemed kinda dead during Outkast's set. They barely popped for Hey Ya, and white people LOVE that song.

And they get cut. How lovely.

So they told everyone to arrive early but ended up late and having sound/tech issues. They pretty much had Murphy's Law kick in.

El-P was supposed to be there too :yayclod:

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Drake showed up with Jhene Aiko, and Slash with Motorhead.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Bonobo overall for me, holy poo poo that was spectacular.

Not enough people knew about the Heineken tent but probably nothing wrong with that. I caught Gaslamp Killer... and he brought out Thundercat and Gza to a crowd of under 100.

Muse was who I flew out to see, and Matt's voice wasn't perfect because of all the dust Saturday. I still had a blast.

Biggest letdowns for me were Outkast (why so many tracks from The Love Below and seeing Killer Mike get cut broke my heart) and Banks (I am not into the Lorde/Lana Del Rey type sound)

New surprises for me were Little Dragon, Jagwar Ma, and Hundred Waters. I've already seen Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Future Islands but seems like people were generally not familiar with them, and those two put on solid sets if you are looking for an act to pass time.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Oh yeah, Rudimental god drat that was amazing.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Just saw the Weekend 2 lineup. The Do Lab looks pretty different, but otherwise, strongly suggest spending time at the Heineken Tent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

foutre posted:

I recognize maybe six names of the list of performers at the Heineken thing. I definitely want to see MNDR but other than that have no idea. Who in particular would you reccomend?

Gaslamp Killer and Thundercat/Gza, Kingdom, UZ, Preservation Hall Jazz Band.

• Locked thread