Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Coachella twitter just dropped Glitch Mob: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKxDzyHPo0o

With as fast as they are throwing around confirms, I wouldn't be surprised to see the lineup on the 13th instead of the 20th.

There's a thread over on the Coachella forums with some rumored/confirms, although take it for what you will since it's just what people have scraped from offhand comments or tour dates, etc: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?68030-2014-Rumors-Confirmations-Whatever-Etc

Outkast seems to be pretty much a lock, based on that picture they leaked and the Stereolab interview. Oh and Muse said they were "doing a couple festivals. There might be one somewhere else. We might be doing one in California possibly. Not sure if there's any big festivals in California next year, but there might be one, and if there is, we might be playing it," so they seem pretty likely. Lot of talk about Arcade Fire and Lorde as well.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Holy loving what

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

loving Motorhead at Coachella would be so awesome.

They tweeted it and it's now on their front page so it's HAPPENING.

I'm not like a super-metalhead or anything but this is on the level of "true legends that you shouldn't pass up a chance to see because they aren't going to be around much longer."

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

incoherent posted:

I'm secretly giddy as gently caress for motorhead, but we must keep appearances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqN-o7eBvhM

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Some great subheadliners too. I got my tickets during the presale, and now there's a couple friends who want to go...I have a feeling we're going to have to be on point Friday morning to get Week 1 tickets for them.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Do you just not follow popular music at all or what? EDM is probably bigger now than it has ever been and has tons of mainstream pop crossover.

Also you say "besides kids" but half the Sahara tent is like 14

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I've got like 6 devices all sitting on that page. I got mine back in the pre-sale but now a bunch of friends want in of course. Good luck everyone, let's hope the normal frontgate clusterfuck is manageable.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I got my weekend 1 tickets but it was on the one computer that I was furiously hammering F5 on right at 9:58. And just after I completed purchase all the others popped up with "EL DORADO AVAILABLE ONLY."

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Full sell-out in under 3 hours. :drat:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

NoArmedMan posted:

Darkside is amazing. This video sold me on them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAAUqBghiVo

They're really drat high on my list to see

This sounds like it'd be the best "outdoor stage, just around/after sunset, laying in the grass high as gently caress" set.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I just got my tracking notices today for 3 bands + shuttle passes.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

mitztronic posted:

It's pretty this year :3:

Got it yesterday

Got mine on Friday. I love the snail shifting picture thing inside the box. Haven't built my snail yet.

GET HYPE

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ChocNitty posted:

Here's a Coachella 2014 Youtube playlist. It has several songs by every artist appearing (+400 videos)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLslXY2xxgcnSvpxae9INbb6WixvghUstf

This is awesome, thanks!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

NoArmedMan posted:

When does the schedule usually come out?

Like the week of Coachella, sometimes only a couple days before. It takes them forever to finalize it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Filter throws a pre-Coachella party every year. I've never gone to it though.

Mitz, I may swing by and say hey to goons, PM me your number. Hard to say if I'll get a chance due to some interesting group dynamics this year but it never hurts to have more people to possibly hang with!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

air- posted:

Cool. PM me your info too.

Gotcha, didn't look like it was easy to get to, so wasn't sure if it's worthwhile (it's my first Coachella)

I know a lot of people who are big on it and I always hear it mentioned. I'm never that big on trying to party hard Thursday night anyway, because the last thing I want is to go into Coachella tired and hungover.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

mitztronic posted:

Weather forcast: Hot

Just where I like it. It was predicting mid 80s last week, and it doesn't feel like a real Coachella to me unless I'm melting.

Except for Rainchella, that was interesting in its own way.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Maps are up and it looks like all of the above is true except maybe the beer garden in the Yuma, it looks sort of adjacent. Do Lab off on its own should cut some of the sound bleed although I'll miss just cutting through it to get misted and cool off in between stages.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Set times are up: http://www.coachella.com/settimes/

Some rough conflicts this year. Better have my running shoes on.

(edit): Holy poo poo the Pixies as an add :stare:

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 9, 2014

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Not on the level of the musical adds, but Jabbawockeez just said on Twitter they'll be putting on a show at Coachella on Saturday night sometime. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Do Lab, since that's where Lucient Dossier sets up. They will be trippy as gently caress to see at Coachella.

Also, for those who didn't already know, Slash tweeted a few days ago that he'll be playing with Motorhead.

(edit) I never really listened to Julian Casablancas' solo stuff before, but what I'm hearing is pretty great.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 9, 2014

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Plus surprises are still surprising. In 2012, the Tupac hologram was all over the news by weekend 2, but it was a real holy poo poo moment on weekend 1.

And it's just got this rep of being the overflow weekend. By the time weekend 2 rolls around, everyone from weekend 1 is all "been there already, done it, enjoy scrubchella :smug: " Especially for things like OutKast where they are going to be doing every festival across the country, but at least weekend 1 people can say they were at the very first reunion show.

With that said it's not really that big of a difference other than bragging rights, and there have been performances that are significantly better on the second weekend because the bands had a chance to fix some things after the first show.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Don't miss Cage the Elephant, even if you don't like their music. The lead singer is a hell of a showman live and LOVES to be in the crowd. At the end of the set this weekend, he was literally standing up on top of the crowd with people holding up his feet with their hands. He then ate it into the crowd, body surfed all the way from the front stage to the back gap, and climbed the lighting rig.

If you like guest stars, Pharrel and Nas were insane. Can't guarantee they'll all be back week 2 but still.

OutKast were still good, even if a little disappointing. But it's early in their tour, they're still working out the kinks.

On the dance side, Glitch Mob was great, Carnage was great -- I'm forgetting a bunch of DJs but really everyone I saw in the Sahara was solid. I even caught about 20 minutes of Skrillex before sprinting to Nas, and while that guy is typically trash, even he was putting up a good set. I'm never going to hate on "Let Me Clear My Throat" mixing into "Jump," I don't care who plays it.

I'm forgetting a ton of good acts because I just got home and I'm exhausted. Lorde's voice is amazing, QOTSA were solid, the Pixies were loud and full of rage. Really this trip was a clusterfuck for me in a few ways (sorry I never made it by the goon camp), but in terms of really solid music from top to bottom, this was one of the best Coachellas I've been to.

(edit) also don't judge anyone who was on late Saturday (Nas, Pharrel) for having breath or voice problems - that sandstorm was pretty fuckin fierce. Not quite as bad as third night last year, but merch was making a killing on selling bandanas because everyone wanted one to wrap around their nose and mouth so they could stop inhaling pounds of dust

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 15, 2014

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I didn't think Pharrell went to poo poo, he was just losing his voice by the end. He acknowledged it and said it was from the sandstorm, and asked the crowd to help him and sing for him. You don't really go to see him anyway, you go for his cavalcade of guest stars and whatnot. I thought it was still a fun performance!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

mitztronic posted:

Going to pray extra long to Satan tonight that He may grant me a ticket.

Usually getting them during the presale isn't so bad. At least compared to that 30 minute sell out on the main sale.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

bawfuls posted:

New to this pre-order business, how long should I expect to sit on the standby page before my hopes are crushed?

Until about 2 minutes before you're ready to just give up.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

bawfuls posted:

so the "You will likely not be directed to the purchase page prior to sell out" message is not a good sign then huh?

It always says that for weekend 1. It't not a great sign, but I've gotten tickets several years in a row after seeing that message.

I'm still on standby :smith:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rabid Snake posted:

I'm still on standby but I have the "Passes are moving fast but your chances are looking good." message. Hopefully I can get in! I have work soon though...

I have that for Weekend 2, but I might as well wait for that, I know could get W2 tickets on the actual sale in January and could take another shot at Weekend 1 then.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

incoherent posted:

"Your only chance to purchase passes today is for Weekend 2"

Yup. drat, didn't get through for weekend 1. Debating whether to grab weekend 2 or not, but I think I'll just give it another shot on the real sale.

(edit): nevermind, did it via the travel package including hotel -- I was going to book hotel now anyway. YAY

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rabid Snake posted:

I got coachella weekend one tickets but I had to buy it with a shuttle pass. It was like $75 more. Oh well, I heard you can sell the shuttle pass ticket individually anyways

The shuttles are pretty great anyway, if you're staying somewhere that you can easily use the shuttle.

• Locked thread