Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
2013 (not archived yet?): http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3526609
2012 (archives): http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3453774

It's that time of year again. The lineup will most likely drop on the 20th, with a small chance of the 13th. Tickets will go on sale the Friday after.

I will update the OP as more information becomes available. Until then, get hyped.

As of today, there are 99 days left until camping opens.

e: lineup:

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Tycho should be in this year, as well. New album in March, he passed on an offer to play in 2013 to focus on finishing his album (or so I've heard).

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Bonobo posted by Coachella. Guess I'll finally able to see him without paying $50-70! (skipped out on the last two opportunities in SF because of ticket pricing)

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
SUnday stands out the most to me right now but it's pretty good all around. T-91 days

e: put into OP. and no Tycho :(

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 9, 2014

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

psychicattack posted:

I am hearing there aren't any Weekend 1 camping passes to be had for those of us who bought at the presale? IS THIS TRUE?? Where did I go stupid and miss out on this?

edit: someone tell me that they will release those tomorrow at 10am PT and I'm being a big baby.

No. This is not true. There are camping passes that will be on sale with GA.

There is enough room in the entire campgrounds for everyone who goes to Coachella. If you don't get a camping pass, find someone with a campgroup you can join. Generally speaking people go in groups of, i dont know... 3-5 or so per car camping spot, sometimes more. Not sure about non-car camping

e: I am willing to open my campgroup to any lost goons but you'll have to find your own transportation to/from indio.

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 9, 2014

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Paperback Writer posted:

The website says all Week 1 GA passes are sold out and so are the week 1 camping passes. The only thing going to be available is a limited supply of GA + Shuttle Passes. Dammit.

Keep me in mind if you come across a week 1 + car camping please! It's probably going to be a long couple months.

I'm pretty sure their website is currently not accurate. I find it hard to believe they sold 70,000 tickets at the presale, i was under the impression presale was 20k

Incoherent, do you know?

e: Coachella has never sold out during presales, I wouldn't worry about it at this point but there are people on coachella forums saying it's accurate, but I don't trust any of them.

e: :siren: Lol, yep. 888-512-SHOW. All camping is SOLD OUT for weekend one, and so are just GA ticket sales. You'll have to get a GA+shuttle pass (like $25 more) :siren:

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 9, 2014

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

psychicattack posted:

How did you get camping already? What is this special list that I am not on?

There are presales every single year in May.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
My internet shut off last night for unknown reasons and was still off this morning. A friend is staying with me and had to go to a nearby Panera bread to try to get tickets, I don't think he's going to have any luck.

Harry Privates posted:

Who has interest in EDM still besides kids.

Way to make yourself look like you know nothing about music. Electronic music is the biggest and most varietal genre of music right now, by far.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Things I have discovered recently:

> Caravan Palace (at a party I was at on friday. Loved it. Then heard the Sunday after that they are playing at Coachella? gently caress yes)
> I thought that duck sauce was lovely electro house/dirty dutch. I don't know why. Probably because Afrojack used to play the poo poo out of that terrible song Barbara Streisand. Anyways, I discovered they are more disco house and am now super stoked to see them.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
I know the DoLab lineup won't come out until March... but gently caress.. I need it

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

mitztronic posted:

I know the DoLab lineup won't come out until March... but gently caress.. I need it

Spoke too soon:

weekend 2 has its highlights for sure, but weekend 1's lineup is loving mindblowing

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
It's pretty this year :3:

Got it yesterday

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
If anyone is interested in meeting up with a bunch of goons, please let me know. I'll try to organize something. Fill this out or PM me or something.

Likely will be Fri or Sat morning (around 10/11am?), let me know if you have a preference. I'll give out my number to anyone interested, and my phone will be charged all weekend

My campgroup will be in very early Thursday if anyone wants to hang out

Rollcall:
1. jonmitz (+4 goons, +3 non goons)
2. incoherent ?

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Going to make it for :siren: Friday morning, anytime around 10-12 (or earlier/later) :siren:, come hang out, get high in the desert with goons, whatever.

I don't plan to go in too early on Friday - but really hard to know for sure until timeslots come out.

I'll post an update Thursday early afternoon with our campsite cross street and identifying info. As I said before, my phone will be charged all weekend thanks to an awesome 15000 mAh battery I'm bringing. All goons are welcome to stop by at any time over the weekend and hang out with our mostly-goon camp.

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 7, 2014

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Indeed, once the Coachella has started we are all just along for the ride.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Weather forcast: Hot

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
The Do Lab stage is moving to the new food area (5 acres), and the Yuma is supposedly now an L-shape, much larger, and has a beer garden inside

Do lab set times are slated to come out today

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Map is out: http://www.coachella.com/visiting-the-festival/festival-maps/

the iOS app is out in the apple store, I haven't seen anything in the android store yet.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Added:
>Nicholas Jarr
>Julian Casablancas
>Pixies

Days Moved:
>Netsky

Initial Thoughts:
Considering selling my ticket because of the Bonobo v Nicolas Jaar v Schlomo conflict on Friday.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

NoArmedMan posted:

Flume vs Girl Talk. Brutal.

Flume every time

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
I actually was going to skip flume on account of seeing him.something ridiculous like 3 times in the past year, but he has been in the studio supposedly working on new stuff the past couple months. I'm hoping he'll play some of it.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

bawfuls posted:

And why is Week 1 seemingly so much more popular?

the grass

and it's the first weekend? does that not appeal to you? it appeals to me.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Honestly my favorite coachella yet

Favorites (not in order and isnt everything I saw)

Friday: shlohmo, bonobo, carvan palace (holy poo poo)

Saturday: Chvrches, washed out, rone, kastle

Sunday: Desert dwellers (holy gently caress they KILLED IT), clasixxx, rudimental (best set of the weekend), little dragon

Did my best to order them: Rudimental, Carvan Palace, Clasixxx, Bonobo, Kastle, Shlohmo, Desert Dwellers, Chvrches

I'm upset it's over, but it was so incredible this year that I am in loving blisssss ahhhhhhh

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Favorite pic from the weekend:

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
In the previous 3 years I've been to Coachella I've been to the Heineken dome (now called a house I guess) I havent enjoyed it, so I didnt even bother checking out the lineup this year. From what I've read here and on the Coachella forums it sounds like it was indeed pretty amazing this year.

but... I'm going 2015 so I'll give it another shot then!

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Anything stand out about weekend 2? Anyone other than incoherent go?

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Going to pray extra long to Satan tonight that He may grant me a ticket.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
I got in line at 9:59am and then at 10:01 my computer screen went grey and restarted. Thanks Apple!

My girlfriend was able to get me a ticket though, but we don't have a car camping pass so that's going to be interesting. Maybe we will camp offsite next year...

e: incoherent is going to swap me his car camping pass for one of our GA. awesome <3 goons are da best

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Squizz posted:

Shuttle pass alone is going for $200 on stubhub. :)

Yeah good luck with that. Shuttle passes are not in high demand. In fact, they hardly have any demand at all. You will likely lose money on your shuttle pass. They were selling for like $20-30 this year.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Lineup should be coming out this week, anyone want to make a new thread? I'm not sure if I'll end up being able to make it so someone else maybe should make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Paperback Writer posted:

Hasn't it been late January recently, are we sure it's coming out so soon?

Either way, I'm hoping it's incredible because there's a chance this might be my first time not attending since '09. Experience another big festival maybe. But a stellar Coachella lineup wouldn't be so bad.

Its been trending earlier and earlier every year. Predictions are tomorrow (6th) with tickets on sale Friday, but I'm more inclined to think it will be next week. Either way, since the tickets sell fast and go on sell very quickly after the lineup, now would be a good time to let people know they are probably going on sale soon!

• Locked thread