Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Mooseontheloose posted:

16 Days until E-Day!

Don't remind me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Two weeks til unemployment. What's everyone's plans for after E-day?

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Jackson Taus posted:

I'm working as a Staging Location Director this weekend. I had someone come in, grab three signs, and ask for a T-shirt (which our candidate doesn't give out). When I asked her if she would think about volunteering, she said "maybe, probably not. I'm going to the Victory Party though". As if that was a positive thing, like showing up after the polls close and eating our food is supposed to somehow be a good and helpful thing I should be grateful for. And of course I've got to be nice because I'm representing a campaign, but she was the quintessential slacktivist - literally everything frustrating about some of these folks.

drat, that sounds rough. I never even imagined that a person could be so disgusting with regards to "helping out," but I guess I must be lucky to work on such an awesome campaign. I don't think I've seen a single volunteer at our office that wasn't just as motivated as our paid staff.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
:derp:

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
:derp: :derp: :derp:

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
I'm freeeeeeee (unemployed)

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Network Pesci posted:

In a society where a media corporation can fight a court case to lie on the air and call it "news" and win, where ignorance is considered a legitimate point of view, representative democracy cannot work. Therefore, I don't vote.
:goonsay:

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3679299&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post437302073

Add "civil engagement" right under "cops" and "bitcoin" on the list of things GBS hates. These fuckers really don't want to vote.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Mooseontheloose posted:

Oh well, anyways, thoughts?
It turns out that liberals are dumb and lazy. They refuse to vote, they refuse to volunteer, they refuse to do anything, but of course now they're going to spend the next six years bitching about a Republican Congress. :rolleyes:

Of course, it's hard to provide any post-election commentary when my race has yet to be decided. :suicide:

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
It's finally been called. We lost by less than 1%. :suicide:

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Arnold of Soissons posted:

The tag team of first blaming apathetic voters for not volunteering, and then reaming volunteers for not working harder than paid staff was really funny to read, and a great microcosm of why no one wants to vote Dem :allears:

Eh, this is a lounge thread, so it's inherently prone to people venting and complaining after they get home from a long day at work. Still, no one is complaining about volunteers not working as hard as paid staff, so I don't know what you're on about. :confused:

Anyways, post-mortem on the Ose / Bera race coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
We did it!

It was a real David and Goliath scenario, with our opponent getting endorsements form all the big name Democrats in the capital, but we ran a really clean grass roots campaign and it worked. The good guys win every once in a while!

• Locked thread