Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Volunteer here: is there a good VAN refresher available online? It's been a while since I used it and I was never well trained to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Jackson Taus posted:

Not that I'm aware of. I could probably answer general questions though, I trained folks on it in 2012. My experience is that campaigns can be pretty stingy about giving out more than basic VPB or data entry access[1] - what are you looking to do with it? It's entirely possible that if you're only seeing 3 buttons on your My Campaign screen then it's an access/privileges issue.

[1] - This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it drives me crazy when I know more about it than the FOs.

They haven't told me my job yet (they had me submit a "volunteering resume", is that normal?) But since that's what I did on other campaigns I figured I should try to get ahead of the curve to be more useful.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Hey when you are tinkering with cutting VAN lists what rang do you use on your likely voter scale? I've been using 50-100, but I don't know if that is good or not

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

CobwebMustardseed posted:

Five weeks out!

So, anyone else having debilitating anxiety attacks because they feel like the entire control of the Senate is hinging on them and their program and if you don't meet the incredibly high expectations placed on you that could spell disaster for the entire nation? Cause that's where I live these days.

yep. and I'm just canvassing coordinator

• Locked thread