Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Hey I don't want to hijack the thread with my own things but since this thread has the attention of some people in actual political office, I wanted to mention this thread that I made also in this board in the hopes of getting further information: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3621607

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Jackson Taus posted:

The problem is that the average actual volunteer has an IQ of 100 who (at best) watches MSNBC/CNN regularly. They signed up for a two-hour shift and may or may not come back. In that context, you can't really afford to take too long training then or you won't get any actual voter-contacting done. I agree with you that the current system sucks though.

If that's really true, then I'd probably stand out pretty quickly for volunteering and hopefully get to do cooler stuff.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

My concern is that if we send out too much stuff, people will start to ignore it.

I remember reading in newsweek years ago that the Obama campaign did a study and found that spamming people gained more supporters than it lost. That's why they send so many emails so frequently.

I don't know if it scales downward, though.

• Locked thread