Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009

Negromancer posted:

^^^ seriously, I was going to WFH tomorrow anyways, I can take a long lunch.....

I am open with having a meet in portland, gives me an excuse to go to Union Jacks.....

Portland would be nice but it sounds like most of you jerks are from Seattle; I'm fine with that as I'm up there frequently (well, West Seattle and Shoreline).

Flynn might want to get vinyl seat covers and some sort of protective coating for any interior trim that balls can be put on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
If you dorks ever come to Portland I'd have to take you to the Horse Brass or the Tardis Room.

(Union Jacks? Seriously? A poo poo strip club when Portland has two of the best English pubs this side of the Atlantic?)

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

HotCanadianChick posted:

If you dorks ever come to Portland I'd have to take you to the Horse Brass or the Tardis Room.

(Union Jacks? Seriously? A poo poo strip club when Portland has two of the best English pubs this side of the Atlantic?)

I'd rather see tits than hang out at anything Doctor Who related.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
We go to Portland a couple times a year for track days. Is there anything to do besides tour the breweries? Also, anyone else interested in doing the USCA in Portland August 1st-3rd? Looks like fun. I might try it out with no hopes or expectations.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

nollij posted:

We go to Portland a couple times a year for track days. Is there anything to do besides tour the breweries? Also, anyone else interested in doing the USCA in Portland August 1st-3rd? Looks like fun. I might try it out with no hopes or expectations.

Track day or autox? Link us! I'd be down either way. Would be fantastic to do a Team Neckbeard track day.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
I'm in for a Ballard trip. Blk if you're in West Seattle at the time we can carpool (I'll take the wifes cars so IDGAF about where I end up parking).

Also, I just heard there is a new place opening in the Admiral district of West Seattle called "Vidiots" that is basically a bar and arcade and pinball machines. So like, when we get too awkward from attempted conversations or from 13 and I loading the juke box with doom metal, we can play some video games :).

Comrade Flynn posted:

I'm always down for a good steak. </portlandcode>

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Comrade Flynn posted:

If I want to see tits while I'm at a bar, I don't have to tip dollar bills at my phone and google. I'd rather have a massive beer selection and the best fish and chips and scotch eggs this side of Stonehaven.

(It's official name is "The Fish and Chip Shop" but the owner is an eccentric brit who's decorated it in a very BBC-ish fashion, hence the nickname of 'Tardis Room')

Also, for good cheap steak at a strip club, the Acropolis beats the poo poo out of anyone in Portland with $3 steak bites and fries.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
I'm down for something in Ballard or in Seattle. I'm heading to Portland this weekend, but already have plans :(

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

VelociBacon posted:

Track day or autox? Link us! I'd be down either way. Would be fantastic to do a Team Neckbeard track day.

Track days with NASA Northwest: http://www.nasanorthwest.com/?page_id=64

Also, the Ultimate Street Car Association thingy: http://ultimatestreetcarassociation.com/events/portland-or-aug-1-3/

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

The Ridge is a ton of fun.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
I drive an 850R and Jeep Cherokee (XJ in Park Ranger GREEEEEN). My GF has a 02 Subaru Outback I can steal as well. I'm work in Georgetown and live in Beacon Hill. I'd be down for some sort of meet.

goobernoodles fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 9, 2014

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

nollij posted:

Track days with NASA Northwest: http://www.nasanorthwest.com/?page_id=64

Also, the Ultimate Street Car Association thingy: http://ultimatestreetcarassociation.com/events/portland-or-aug-1-3/

Has there always been a NASA NW chapter? I could swear I looked a while back and didn't find one. Maybe I'm just a dolt.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

CharlesM posted:

Has there always been a NASA NW chapter? I could swear I looked a while back and didn't find one. Maybe I'm just a dolt.

NASA NW just started last year. Last year started with 3 people in HPDE 3 and ended the season with 13. It is still pretty sparce so lots of free room on the tracks.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

HotCanadianChick posted:

...the best fish and chips and scotch eggs this side of Stonehaven.

Wait a sec, I've been to Stonehaven and would like to eat more of both of those things. What and where is this place you speak of?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Mat_Drinks posted:

Wait a sec, I've been to Stonehaven and would like to eat more of both of those things. What and where is this place you speak of?

http://www.horsebrass.com/
http://www.thefishandchipshop.com/about.html

The Horse Brass' chips are shite compared to the Fish and Chip shop, but they make up for it with an incredible beer selection.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
I'd be up for an autocross meet. Then I could bring my formula car out. I don't mind letting anyone with previous autocross experience drive it.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

NinjaTech posted:

I'd be up for an autocross meet. Then I could bring my formula car out. I don't mind letting anyone with previous autocross experience drive it.

Have I ever mentioned how much of an asset I've always felt you were to the forums?

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum

HotCanadianChick posted:

http://www.horsebrass.com/
http://www.thefishandchipshop.com/about.html

The Horse Brass' chips are shite compared to the Fish and Chip shop, but they make up for it with an incredible beer selection.

Yeah, after a few hours in the Brass, those Scotch Eggs are incredible.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

NinjaTech posted:

Let's race to the death*.

*Must be raining at time of race.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

VelociBacon posted:

Have I ever mentioned how much of an asset I've always felt you were to the forums?

No, go on . . . haha

Comrade Flynn posted:

Let's race to the death*.

*Must be raining at time of race.

I'd have to reseal one of my wets but I'd be game. Sure you want to race an Fmod? Haha.

Doughboy
Jan 9, 2013
So Tac, but work in Burien, would be down for a goon meet

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

NinjaTech posted:

I'd have to reseal one of my wets but I'd be game. Sure you want to race an Fmod? Haha.

I'll smoke you

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

13 INCH DICK posted:

I'll smoke you

After owl pellets, the only direction is uphill!

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Anyone in Everett?

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
We could meet up at Golden Gardens, theres a Nissan site that has a big meeting there every year, big rear end parking lot.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

D C posted:

We could meet up at Golden Gardens, theres a Nissan site that has a big meeting there every year, big rear end parking lot.

Yeah I've been to this - with northwestnissans.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well I'll just go ahead and say I'm going to be at Ballard Bar and Grill Saturday night just to get out of the house for some pool and if anyone feels like showing up awesome, if nobody does oh well I'll just rule the jukebox on my own. Anyone down?

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Im supposed to be working this weekend in Vancouver so probably wont be able to make the drive.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

D C posted:

I live like...half a mile from there.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

13 INCH DICK posted:

Well I'll just go ahead and say I'm going to be at Ballard Bar and Grill Saturday night just to get out of the house for some pool and if anyone feels like showing up awesome, if nobody does oh well I'll just rule the jukebox on my own. Anyone down?

Not this weekend for me, not sure when I'll be in Seattle next but it should be in the next couple of months

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah definitely wasn't making it out to be some sort of official meet and greet just saying I felt like doing something this weekend with an open invitation to just hang out.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

HotCanadianChick posted:

If I want to see tits while I'm at a bar, I don't have to tip dollar bills at my phone and google. I'd rather have a massive beer selection and the best fish and chips and scotch eggs this side of Stonehaven.

(It's official name is "The Fish and Chip Shop" but the owner is an eccentric brit who's decorated it in a very BBC-ish fashion, hence the nickname of 'Tardis Room')

Also, for good cheap steak at a strip club, the Acropolis beats the poo poo out of anyone in Portland with $3 steak bites and fries.

How have I never heard of this? I'm going there Friday, looks awesome.
Oh and the A-crop is awesome, haven't been there in a few years though.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

the spyder posted:

How have I never heard of this? I'm going there Friday, looks awesome.
Oh and the A-crop is awesome, haven't been there in a few years though.

I still stand by my statement that union jacks is the best strip club in portland :colbert:

Granted all of the girls that work there have more of an "alternative" look than what you find at most of the other clubs which is why I like it.

13 INCH DICK posted:

Yeah definitely wasn't making it out to be some sort of official meet and greet just saying I felt like doing something this weekend with an open invitation to just hang out.

What time frame are you thinking? Something tells me that the girlfriend would not be interested in going there just cause I want to hang out with people from the internet, but I would come by and have a beer before she gets off work.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Comrade Flynn posted:

The Ridge is a ton of fun.

I was at the ridge to spectate at 24 hours of lemons last summer.

Alphius
Nov 5, 2009

blk posted:

Anyone in Everett?

I work in Everett and live in Lake Stevens.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

North Seattle, but no cool cars just motorcycles and a truck to move motorcycles.

Though should a meet happen, I wanna come oogle that GT-R.

The Ridge is doing Winter Warrior events every so often right now and they're often a mix of 30 minutes cars 30 minutes bikes. Catch one of those if you can.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
I'm down for golden gardens. I'm free sunday - Tuesday each week.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

blk posted:

Anyone in Everett?

I'm in lynnwood now--is this about that mr2 spyder?

D C posted:

Golden Gardens is the place to go for launch control shenanigans. My parents went to ballard high in the late 60's and that was the place to go for drag racing. Someone would sit up on the hill and radio down to the beach area if the cops were coming down.

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 25, 2014

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I'm down for Golden Gardens whenever. It's literally a minute from where I live.

EDIT: I have a key for a private beach around here if Golden Gardens is too crowded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Sounds like golden gardens is the place to be. I'm in port Townsend the weekend of Feb 8th other than that I should be fairly free. Maybe we can get a date in sometime in February?

(Posting from phone)

• Locked thread