Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Winter bbq or cars and coffee style meet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I live in the Salem area and i have too many E34s and i have to keep myself from buying more.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I might be down for coming to Seattle in February - lemme check with the wife.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone in the area want a pretty nice body/interiorwise '99 Land Rover Disco II with bad head gaskets for $500? One for sale at my shop right now.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Oh hey, just noticed this thread. I'm in Portland and have a Subaru like everyone else.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
I'm in Portland. The only city in the States where I feel out of place with a Camry.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
Checking in. I have an Impreza and an Insight, close!

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.
Checking in. Beacon Hill/Georgetown. E36 M3, NC Miata, Chevy Cruze boring-car, Ninja500. Down to party.

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

13 INCH DICK posted:

Anyone in the area want a pretty nice body/interiorwise '99 Land Rover Disco II with bad head gaskets for $500? One for sale at my shop right now.

what else is wrong with it? I may...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Head gaskets, I posted $300 in my thread because they're waffling over scrapping it or selling it so I don't know if theres been a final decision yet and don't know how far they're going to want to go, or if they're going to get it fixed. Yesterday was all about selling, today was 'thinking it over'

I mean aside from the HGs it seemed pretty decent

e:

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 31, 2014

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Yeah the Rover disease won't let them let go of that thing. The best thing you can do for them is to do a savage donut in the forecourt before dismantling the entire car into a shipping crate and putting it on Craigslist as parts, then hand them a cheque as soon as the owners show up to tell you to fix it.

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

13 INCH DICK posted:

Head gaskets, I posted $300 in my thread because they're waffling over scrapping it or selling it so I don't know if theres been a final decision yet and don't know how far they're going to want to go, or if they're going to get it fixed. Yesterday was all about selling, today was 'thinking it over'

I mean aside from the HGs it seemed pretty decent

e:

$300? gently caress i'd do it for 300

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Any Portland people going to Cars and Coffee? Probably going to the one at Cascade Station - I have a silver Legacy GT and will be with a friend in a red CTS-V.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
Bump? Bump.

Unincorporated Lynnwood here, got a DA Integra which I can't decide if I want to project car or sell and a newly acquired Fiat 500 Turbo. That Rover looks like a ball of fun, always wanted a Disco II

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

The weather in this hellhole is awful.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Didn't like the freak snow yesterday followed by non stop rain? Aww come on!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Where did this happen? I'm down here in the Willamette Valley and it's been sunny and cold the last couple of days.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Comrade Flynn posted:

The weather in this hellhole is awful.

This is a great week to be on vacation in Hawaii :-D

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Feb 24, 2014

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

FIRST TIME posted:

Where did this happen? I'm down here in the Willamette Valley and it's been sunny and cold the last couple of days.

No idea, I rode my bike to work instead of driving on Friday because the weather was so nice in Portland.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
The Puget Sound got dusted with snow last weekend, I hear it's still pretty snowy west of Bremerton and north of Mt. Vernon.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.
This place looks kinda awesome, has anyone in the Seattle area used it and can confirm/disabuse?

Auto Repair Revolution

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

televiper posted:

This place looks kinda awesome, has anyone in the Seattle area used it and can confirm/disabuse?

Auto Repair Revolution

I've wanted to start one of these. I'll definitely be checking it out. There is also one trying to start up in the Kirkland area as well; though not sure if they are open yet.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
OK, so I'm thinking of the afternoons/evenings of April 11th or 18th or the mornings of April 12th or 19th for a meet in Seattle. Anyone interested?

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
Honestly, if someone throws down a solid Date/Time with a few days notice I'll show up. Perhaps other people can shame me into maintaining my cars properly.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Friday evening works, Saturday morning doesn't. I'll keep my eye out to see what happens but this would be neat

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Bibendum posted:

Honestly, if someone throws down a solid Date/Time with a few days notice I'll show up. Perhaps other people can shame me into maintaining my cars properly.

Gotta show up with the baby seat strapped in the hatch of the m coupe....

I have to go to florida this weekend for a wedding, but most of my weekends are open.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Click some boxes: http://doodle.com/765bza42igzs2zzd

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Bump - please hit the link if you're interested.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Replied. If you guys want I can probably invite some other local GTR guys who seem to come to any event at any given time.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It looks like Saturdays at noon are the time people like :v: I usually don't have a schedule planned that far in advance but that's probably the best time for me too.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Sunday would have been perfect for me :(

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
So I'll be honest I just clicked on the times other people had already entered. I'm cool starting at noon, but it'd be rad if we ended up at a bar so I could pickle the old liver a bit and maybe 13 and I can play inappropriate songs on the requisite jukebox. :)

Also, how bad will you guys make fun of me if I drive the 02 up without a hood? :3

blk
Dec 19, 2009
OK, I'm calling it 12:00 on April 19th. I have to go to Eugene that evening so I don't know how long I'll be able to stay, but should be fun.

Where do you guys want to meet? Somewhere in Ballard?

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
Bugger, I think I'll be out of town

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

blk posted:

OK, I'm calling it 12:00 on April 19th. I have to go to Eugene that evening so I don't know how long I'll be able to stay, but should be fun.

Where do you guys want to meet? Somewhere in Ballard?

dicks on holman road?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

dicks on holman road?

I'd be down with that - I've never had Dicks in my mouth before but everyone in Seattle tells me I should try it at least once.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Added to my calendar. I presume Dick's has parking? Their website says drive-in after all :P

Turb
Oct 15, 2004
Are lurkers welcome?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
its a pretty popular spot for weekly weeknight meets with the bmw guys but i've never gone with them. there are probably 30+ parking spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Cool. It's a really easy bus ride away but it is an AI meet, after all, right? :)

• Locked thread