Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
id join ya but i've been working on cars and drinking too many beers to leave the house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
Anybody locally looking for some R134a cans for next summer? $5/pc, I'm selling everything in my garage :)

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

blk posted:

Man, I haven't been to the Horse Brass in years - I'd be happy to get a beer there or do Cars + Coffee sometime or something. Since you don't have PMs, what's a good way to reach you off-forum?

Since you're now in the 503, you can text me at 984-5473. I talked to CountOfNowhere, he said he'd probably be down for drinks at the Horse Brass this weekend if you wanna have a meet there.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Any interest in Tigard C+C this Sat, or Horse Brass on Sunday?

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Eastside area checking in. No idea why I didn't bother to post for so long. I daily drive a unmolested lachs/silver 1988 325is 5sp that's about to turn over 250k but could give some garage queens a run for their money. I don't have any big jobs or plans for it right now, but it would be pretty awesome if there's any Seattle area goons who wouldn't mind giving me a roof to wrench under, as I live in an apartment and there's just some jobs a parking lot warrior can't tackle. Just having a driveway with accessible electricity to detail in would be a godsend.

Oh also if anyone's in the Tacoma area I usually pop down there once a month or so if you want to catch a drink/bowl.

Any other bmw enthusiast goons live around here?

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 21, 2015

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

blk posted:

I might be up for C&C if it's not raining. What time would you be thinking about going?

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

HEY VAPER posted:

Any other bmw enthusiast goons live around here?

I can't say I'm that enthusiastic about it but I daily drive and repair 2 BMWs and live in South Seattle these days. I've been wanting to get some friends together to do a general tune and polish plus beer day when the weather improves but family and house stuff are keeping me bogged down.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I have a 91 318iS and live up in Bothell, can probably share my garage a bit but we have a newborn so I'm pretty busy lately

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
I'm also not really in a rush to do anything until it's a bit warmer, but I've personally been wanting to do a valve cleaning/tune since I haven't touched it yet and who knows if the PO did. My m20 only intermittently makes the signature sewing machine noise but you never know what mysteries lie within.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

I'm in Lake City and have an MZ4. Tune and beers day sounds like a blast, I'm in.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

blk posted:

Doubt anyone besides me will be going, but this weekend is the Portland Comic Con, already spent a shitload I don't really have on tickets for it. :shobon:

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

blk posted:

I might be able to make it to C+C- I haven't been driving the FD and wouldn't mind taking it for a short drive.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
Hey guys, My friends 95 turbo Civic EX got stolen down near Salem on wednesday. The license plate number is AGG7001. If you see it please call the police. He's had the car for a long time and would really like it back. Spread the word, Thanks.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

NinjaTech posted:

Hey guys, My friends 95 turbo Civic EX got stolen down near Salem on wednesday. The license plate number is AGG7001. If you see it please call the police. He's had the car for a long time and would really like it back. Spread the word, Thanks.

Additionally -

"It has been turboed and has an intercooler in the front grill also it has no front license plate." And the back plate is WA (or was, anyway, I have no idea how long a stolen car tends to wear its real plate once stolen - guessing not long.)

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

televiper posted:

Additionally -

"It has been turboed and has an intercooler in the front grill also it has no front license plate." And the back plate is WA (or was, anyway, I have no idea how long a stolen car tends to wear its real plate once stolen - guessing not long.)

Thanks, I forgot about that part.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Wiiiiseee from yowwww gwaaavee

The weather is getting nice and we need to do a spring meet.

I'm willing to host at my place up in bothell but TBH comrade flynn's place looks way more accommodating to guests than my suburban house :v:

I can also smoke up a shitload of pulled pork.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

Wiiiiseee from yowwww gwaaavee

The weather is getting nice and we need to do a spring meet.

I'm willing to host at my place up in bothell but TBH comrade flynn's place looks way more accommodating to guests than my suburban house :v:

I can also smoke up a shitload of pulled pork.

We just had a BBQ over here!

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'll be in Shoreline next Fri/Sat. It would be cool to be the only non-BMW owner at the meet.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

I live in Lake City, I'm in. I'll wash my car even!

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Count me in to up the BMW count

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Is there a time and a place? I'm getting a new CCC in the BMW (woo, PNW) on Friday but would be interested in coming out

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I woudn't be able to host anything until may probably, have too much stuff to do around the house AND tame the goddamned yard AND help my wife with the 4 month old every day after work.

I'm down for a meet at dick's though, if nobody else wants to host an event sooner.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

I would feel bad parking my JSW anywhere near comrade flynn's house.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

I woudn't be able to host anything until may probably, have too much stuff to do around the house AND tame the goddamned yard AND help my wife with the 4 month old every day after work.

I'm down for a meet at dick's though, if nobody else wants to host an event sooner.

In for Dick's, too.

I have to swap out the starter motor on my Z4M this weekend, but it's probably got a few more in it before it completely strands me...

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
In for Dicks, I don't think my Miata would be welcome at the Flynn Homestead

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Anyone for an impromptu Jesus Chicken meet at the Chic Fil A in Bellevue sometime today? Just opened and the lines aren't crazy or anything.

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004
Mentioned this in the Seattle-heavy BMW thread, I'm down for a meet after I get back home from Maui on Saturday. Being gone for more than a week has me in withdrawals over not being able to drive my F82 all of the time.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

POKEMAN SAM posted:

Mentioned this in the Seattle-heavy BMW thread, I'm down for a meet after I get back home from Maui on Saturday. Being gone for more than a week has me in withdrawals over not being able to drive my F82 all of the time.

OH OH OH LOOK AT THIS GUY COMING BACK FROM MAUI AND DRIVING AN F82 LITTLE LORD FAUNTELROY

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004

Comrade Flynn posted:

OH OH OH LOOK AT THIS GUY COMING BACK FROM MAUI AND DRIVING AN F82 LITTLE LORD FAUNTELROY

I think you're the only one on here allowed to give me poo poo about flaunting.

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004
I found you a new car in Bellevue: http://www.bellevuebentley.com/used-cars/detail/2005-Bentley-Continental-2dr-Cpe-GT/1123/SCBCR63W95C026241/~/Make_~Model_/2

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Goddamn how is that legal.

I saw one for sale at Exotics@RTC for like...50k. I thought I heard someone say you can turn them into monsters fairly cheap.

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004
Real talk: I want to get a tint and wrap my roof gloss black. Good shops on the eastside? I've heard good things about Metropolitan Detail in Bellevue but I'd like to get it right the first time and over research it than the alternative. Any thoughts?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

POKEMAN SAM posted:

Real talk: I want to get a tint and wrap my roof gloss black. Good shops on the eastside? I've heard good things about Metropolitan Detail in Bellevue but I'd like to get it right the first time and over research it than the alternative. Any thoughts?

Metropolitan owns.

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004

Comrade Flynn posted:

Metropolitan owns.

Good enough to me, I'll drive over there and figure something out next week. Thanks!

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Is Accutint in Seattle off Airport any good? Just looking for a real simple tint job on my Focus ST...

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.

Mcqueen posted:

Is Accutint in Seattle off Airport any good? Just looking for a real simple tint job on my Focus ST...
It's where I got my tint, dumbass.

HEY VAPER posted:

if there's any Seattle area goons who wouldn't mind giving me a roof to wrench under, as I live in an apartment and there's just some jobs a parking lot warrior can't tackle. Just having a driveway with accessible electricity to detail in would be a godsend.
You can use my garage/driveway if you want. My 2nd garage that's been a trash dump for a while is going to get cleared out soon and I have plenty of driveway space too. You would just have to make it to rainier valley without getting shot. Just don't pull a tranny and leave your car in my main garage for two months.

goobernoodles fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 10, 2015

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

goobernoodles posted:

So, no then? :boom:

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Mcqueen posted:

Accutint in Bellevue has always been top notch for me. A little on the pricy side but if you care about the small details its the place to go. They also do promotions during the winter where you can get tint done p cheap for the level of quality.

goobernoodles posted:

You can use my garage/driveway if you want. My 2nd garage that's been a trash dump for a while is going to get cleared out soon and I have plenty of driveway space too. You would just have to make it to rainier valley without getting shot. Just don't pull a tranny and leave your car in my main garage for two months.

I would get withdrawals if I was away from my car for that long. May end up taking you up on that at some point!

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I'm seriously considering buying another house just to get a bigger garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

HEY VAPER posted:

Accutint in Bellevue has always been top notch for me. A little on the pricy side but if you care about the small details its the place to go. They also do promotions during the winter where you can get tint done p cheap for the level of quality.

I would get withdrawals if I was away from my car for that long. May end up taking you up on that at some point!

I took a car to the Airport way Accutint before and they're good. On the higher side price wise for our area, but also on the higher side quality wise. I think I'd take my next car there. I went a bit more for price with the BRZ's tint and front end wrap and I feel like I can notice the difference.

Comrade Flynn posted:

I'm seriously considering buying another house just to get a bigger garage.

Nothing wrong with that. Though, if your lot size isn't poo poo you could always just build one. I've been reading a lot of the city building code lately because I'm maybe a year away from building a 3 car, I just need to hit my brother up for drawings so I can figure out material prices. Do you have paved alley access?

RE: meetup Quite A Tool and I have been talking about meeting at Beveridge Place in W. Seattle sometime soon because it's walking distance for both of us (woooo!). All goons are of course welcome to come be goony with us.

• Locked thread