Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
televiper
Feb 12, 2007
Checking in. Beacon Hill/Georgetown. E36 M3, NC Miata, Chevy Cruze boring-car, Ninja500. Down to party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

televiper
Feb 12, 2007
This place looks kinda awesome, has anyone in the Seattle area used it and can confirm/disabuse?

Auto Repair Revolution

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

Maksimus54 posted:

If you like Paseo I might suggest Bongos in greenlake. Similar parking situation but less packed and equally good food.

I've driven by Bongos a few times and I vote there, if only for the excuse to eat in a converted gas station fuelling bay.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007
Running late but heading over soon. Dark red black-topped NC Miata. Pac-Man ghosts t-shirt.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

Maksimus54 posted:

Anyone game to grab a beer soon? Ballard has been mentioned before but maybe the Beacon Hill and West Seattle goons would like to recommend somewhere in their neck of the woods?

I'm in Redmond these days, but I can get to Beacon/GTown pretty easily. Star Brass Works has a pretty good happy hour deal - burger and 12oz draft beer for $5/$6 or well shot and beer for the same price.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

D C posted:

Anyone doing the Leavenworth Drive this weekend?

Link?

televiper
Feb 12, 2007
Their flagship car is a ruined e24. gently caress'em.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

blk posted:

Ugh, I really want to see those but I have to go to my wife's family reunion in DC. I wonder if there's any awesome DC car poo poo there.

There's a pretty good cars and coffee in Great Falls on Saturday morning, if you have a car and don't mind an early ~25 mile drive.

http://katiescarsandcoffee.com

I used to live 5 minutes from there; check out Great Falls Park if you go and try to drive the Georgetown Pike -> 602 -> 603 loop, it's a pretty food ride. :kiddo:

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

Mat_Drinks posted:

For the BMW nerds the annual car show is tomorrow in Renton. Supposedly the new i8 will be there!

I'm heading down to this for a bit, wearing a T-shirt with my avatar on it if anyone sees me and wants to say hi.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

blk posted:

Is Park Place Ltd as douchey a dealer as it sounds?

I've been in there once to look around, they people I talked to were friendly and didn't seem to mind that I wasn't there to buy anything. Prices were a little high, but they get recommended a lot on my car distribution list at work.

Landmark Motors is around the corner, offers a similar but slightly less impressive inventory (especially for classic stuff), and supposedly all of their staff is pretty good.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

blk posted:

Any of the Seattle crew want to get a drink Friday night?

is it a night ending in y?

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

blk posted:

North side also works well for me, I'm staying with in-laws in Shoreline.

I might be having dinner with a buddy from Renton but am still up for something later in the evening (8.30-9ish). I might be able to drag him along, too; he's on a Chumpcar team.

If you're already going to be in Renton, The Berliner has several good German beers.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007
I'll probably need to bow out of this one, but we'll see how things go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

NinjaTech posted:

Hey guys, My friends 95 turbo Civic EX got stolen down near Salem on wednesday. The license plate number is AGG7001. If you see it please call the police. He's had the car for a long time and would really like it back. Spread the word, Thanks.

Additionally -

"It has been turboed and has an intercooler in the front grill also it has no front license plate." And the back plate is WA (or was, anyway, I have no idea how long a stolen car tends to wear its real plate once stolen - guessing not long.)

• Locked thread