Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

blk posted:

I've noticed that a few of us (and some lurkers I know from LAN) are of the Pacific Northwest persuasion. We're pretty lucky to be here - easily accessible local rallies and hill climbs, beautiful backroads and decent track facilities all around. I'm floating a thread to see if any of us want to put together a meet or form an intentional community living amongst the mighty coniferous treetops, subsisting only off of cruelty free salmon and free range blueberries. Canucks welcome with gift of [RHD import].

I'd be down for a meet (with my RHD import). I'd be coming down from Vancouver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Mat_Drinks posted:

I'd be up for something, West Seattle-ite here.

Really though I think we should start with seriously discussing 14/13s effort to own a running biturbo and how we can help facilitate it.

I'm not joking. :colbert:

Also, failing that we could all go autocrossing together. Team Neckbeard! :)

PS: CharlesM you added an extra 'e' to Fremont.

How about rallycross?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

Seattle here. GTR owner so I'm an elitist prick.

I might pick up an R34 GTR this year :)

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Negromancer posted:

No, but for a consolation prize, here is a front engined rwd 3800 v6 aw11 that I saw in New Zealand

Do those use a MAP sensor I guess?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

NWDub posted:

I wish I was willing to drive in washington right now, but I've made a vow not to until some laws change

No offense but that sounds ridiculous and I'd love to hear some of the laws you'd like changed.

E: VV People aren't allowed to drive high? Isn't that the law everywhere?

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 7, 2014

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

DefaultPeanut posted:

BC Canuck here. I'm in.

What could one be charged with if they were pulled over and then made to test, and failed for cannabis?

To add to this, how exactly are they testing for it? I would think you'd have to have been arrested or a warrant would be needed. I work in emergency and we need a urine sample to test for cannaboids, I can't imagine theres some kind of breathalyzer test because of how it's metabolized.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

nollij posted:

We go to Portland a couple times a year for track days. Is there anything to do besides tour the breweries? Also, anyone else interested in doing the USCA in Portland August 1st-3rd? Looks like fun. I might try it out with no hopes or expectations.

Track day or autox? Link us! I'd be down either way. Would be fantastic to do a Team Neckbeard track day.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

NinjaTech posted:

I'd be up for an autocross meet. Then I could bring my formula car out. I don't mind letting anyone with previous autocross experience drive it.

Have I ever mentioned how much of an asset I've always felt you were to the forums?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

D C posted:

We could meet up at Golden Gardens, theres a Nissan site that has a big meeting there every year, big rear end parking lot.

Yeah I've been to this - with northwestnissans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Turb posted:

Are lurkers welcome?

Of course.

• Locked thread