Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009
I've noticed that a few of us (and some lurkers I know from LAN) are of the Pacific Northwest persuasion. We're pretty lucky to be here - easily accessible local rallies and hill climbs, beautiful backroads and decent track facilities all around. I'm floating a thread to see if any of us want to put together a meet or form an intentional community living amongst the mighty coniferous treetops, subsisting only off of cruelty free salmon and free range blueberries. Canucks welcome with gift of [RHD import].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Negromancer posted:

I got rid of the most seattle car(green 2000 outback wagon) for what I think is the second most seattle car(2013 jetta tdi sportwagen). I would be down for something.

Also, anyone want to buy my e30 or alltrac celica project so my girlfriend doesn't kill me when I bring home a mr2?

Tell me it's an ST205

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Negromancer posted:

^^^ seriously, I was going to WFH tomorrow anyways, I can take a long lunch.....

I am open with having a meet in portland, gives me an excuse to go to Union Jacks.....

Portland would be nice but it sounds like most of you jerks are from Seattle; I'm fine with that as I'm up there frequently (well, West Seattle and Shoreline).

Flynn might want to get vinyl seat covers and some sort of protective coating for any interior trim that balls can be put on.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Anyone in Everett?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

13 INCH DICK posted:

Well I'll just go ahead and say I'm going to be at Ballard Bar and Grill Saturday night just to get out of the house for some pool and if anyone feels like showing up awesome, if nobody does oh well I'll just rule the jukebox on my own. Anyone down?

Not this weekend for me, not sure when I'll be in Seattle next but it should be in the next couple of months

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I might be down for coming to Seattle in February - lemme check with the wife.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
OK, so I'm thinking of the afternoons/evenings of April 11th or 18th or the mornings of April 12th or 19th for a meet in Seattle. Anyone interested?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Click some boxes: http://doodle.com/765bza42igzs2zzd

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Bump - please hit the link if you're interested.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
OK, I'm calling it 12:00 on April 19th. I have to go to Eugene that evening so I don't know how long I'll be able to stay, but should be fun.

Where do you guys want to meet? Somewhere in Ballard?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

dicks on holman road?

I'd be down with that - I've never had Dicks in my mouth before but everyone in Seattle tells me I should try it at least once.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm leaving town that evening so I wouldn't be able to make a later time :(

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'll be there. Red shoes, glasses.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I won't have the Saabaru, but I doubt you guys would find it that interesting (I was going to fly out of Seattle this weekend to Reno to pick up that blue S2K, my wife was going to drive back to Oregon alone so we brought her Civic since she's not comfortable enough driving stick). I'm a bad car meet participant and I should feel bad.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
That was a lot of fun, nice to meet everyone.

PS: Keep your eyes out for The Right S2000.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Maksimus54 posted:

Had a great time, really nice to meet you guys and hope we can do another meet sometime with less rain. I vote Bongos for Caribbean food, I swear I'm not a shill for them

Jerk food is appropriate for this group.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

the spyder posted:

Anyone up for a Portland meet? I'm too lazy/busy to drive up to Seattle.

I'm good for it.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
you and gooberpeas should get together and make gooberpastapiselli

blk
Dec 19, 2009

ReverendCode posted:

I may make it there, if only to try and sell my car. Anyone wanna buy a 2009 Sky?

Red line?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Ugh, I really want to see those but I have to go to my wife's family reunion in DC. I wonder if there's any awesome DC car poo poo there.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Is Park Place Ltd as douchey a dealer as it sounds?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm just going to try on an Elise. Since PP is in the dealer network I don't feel terrible about showrooming there.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Any of the Seattle crew want to get a drink Friday night?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
North side also works well for me, I'm staying with in-laws in Shoreline.

I might be having dinner with a buddy from Renton but am still up for something later in the evening (8.30-9ish). I might be able to drag him along, too; he's on a Chumpcar team.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Maksimus54 posted:

blk while you're up here there's a guy in burien trying to unload a torsen. I don't know your budget but it isn't far off the going rate last time I checked.http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/4728677428.html

Thanks man - that's a good lead; I'm not sure if I'm going to invest in performance options for the Miata, but I might if I decide to keep it longer. The guy from Renton I'm meeting might actually be a potential buyer for my car; I'd just have to convince my wife and myself that spending an additional 15-20k to replace it with an S2000 is a good idea.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Hopefully still happening - I'm not sure when I'll be free after dinner but I'm guessing around 9. Do you guys want to meet somewhere northside around 9-9.30? I'm not sure what's around here.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm going to PM Maksimus, Televiper and 13 my number in case I can't get back to the forums tonight - let me know if you guys want to meet somewhere.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
My other thing was short so I'm here early, dick will be showing up in a bit.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Yeah, we need to get a Portland meet going - who's down there besides me and Canadian Chick and the guy who lives up the gorge with a Miata or something?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

HotCanadianChick posted:

There's CountOfNowhere, though he doesn't post very often (too busy sawzalling the axles off his car or something :D ).

Normally for a place to meet I'd suggest the Horse Brass, but they don't have their own parking lot and if we want to also drool over cars, the street parking might be a limitation (not that any of us in Portland have fancy poo poo like the GT-Rs and Astons and first gen Civics of the Seattle crew :smith: )

Man, I haven't been to the Horse Brass in years - I'd be happy to get a beer there or do Cars + Coffee sometime or something. Since you don't have PMs, what's a good way to reach you off-forum?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Any interest in Tigard C+C this Sat, or Horse Brass on Sunday?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'll be in Shoreline next Fri/Sat. It would be cool to be the only non-BMW owner at the meet.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
What are you Seattle people's commute times like? Portland is getting a lot worse and I'd like to compare anecdotes.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
You guys want to do something Friday or Saturday midday?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I may come out to see that - I'm up here for my father in law's b-day, depends on what the schedule is.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
portland.jpg

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm going to put together a Portland meet. How do November 1, 7 or 8 look for people? Some place where you can see the parking lot from the bar...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Ugh.

I liked the carpet in the 90s before it was a thing.

• Locked thread