Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NWDub
Feb 2, 2010
I wish I was willing to drive in washington right now, but I've made a vow not to until some laws change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

VelociBacon posted:

No offense but that sounds ridiculous and I'd love to hear some of the laws you'd like changed.

E: VV People aren't allowed to drive high? Isn't that the law everywhere?

If you've consumed any cannabis between 7-45 days after you can still get a dui.

45 days sober you could still get a dui

sorry, won't play that game.

edit: toured the san juans and most all of washington in 2011 by motorcycle, almost 20k miles. I love washington, but to me, it's not worth the risk

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

VelociBacon posted:

To add to this, how exactly are they testing for it? I would think you'd have to have been arrested or a warrant would be needed. I work in emergency and we need a urine sample to test for cannaboids, I can't imagine theres some kind of breathalyzer test because of how it's metabolized.

anyone suspected of dui will have to give blood sample

driving is a privilege, not a right. no warrants are needed to search you, or your vehicle.

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

Negromancer posted:

st165 actually. I still like it the most out of the alltracs, just don't have the drive to rebuild it

From what I have heard, its mostly been blood tests taken after an incident. While I agree its a bullshit testing method(hence the burnouts tag), it rarely happens, usually after an accident.

Yes, this is all true, but remember you can get a DUI for driving stoned anywhere. Hell most places wont even bother testing you, and just go by the cop "smelling marijuana" and the driver having red eyes. I have lived in Seattle my entire life and smoked my fair share and I am not concerned in the least. Just remember, lawyer up.

you don't need to be high, you just need an LEO who does not like you for whatever reason.

the 5 nanograms or whatever is an instant conviction. Your only hope is jury nullification.

No cannabis has to be on you, or in your vehicle, just a cop who wants to test your blood and has probable cause.

edit: I'm just trying to decipher myths from the truth. there's a reason why I won't do it - DUI will gently caress your entire life. Best case you're left with 15-20k in debt from attorney and court fees. Just not worth the risk to drive somewhere with a law as stupid as that.

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

Maksimus54 posted:

If anything the new rules and guidelines have made it harder to convict. The prosecutors don't have a good way to back up what the numbers on the test mean and while marijuana use is not uncommon it is still not as widespread as alcohol consumption. Most members of the jury don't know how high someone is and telling them 5 nanograms of THC per milliliter of blood is meaningless to someone that's never been high or measured their high in such an odd manner.

North Seattle Goon checking in. Got a Miata and a Tacoma, I'm down for a beer sometime

Doesn't matter if a jury knows what it is or not.

If your BAC is over .08 - unless the cop hosed up and you get off on a technicality - Jury nullification is your only hope.

The problem with a set number is that it is established that the number has a meaning and anything over that limit (no matter how draconian) is a DUI.

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

Negromancer posted:

^^^ Seriously, can you please take this to TCC? ^^

I'm done.

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

13 INCH DICK posted:

Anyone in the area want a pretty nice body/interiorwise '99 Land Rover Disco II with bad head gaskets for $500? One for sale at my shop right now.

what else is wrong with it? I may...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NWDub
Feb 2, 2010

13 INCH DICK posted:

Head gaskets, I posted $300 in my thread because they're waffling over scrapping it or selling it so I don't know if theres been a final decision yet and don't know how far they're going to want to go, or if they're going to get it fixed. Yesterday was all about selling, today was 'thinking it over'

I mean aside from the HGs it seemed pretty decent

e:

$300? gently caress i'd do it for 300

• Locked thread