Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Seattle here. GTR owner so I'm an elitist prick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

VelociBacon posted:

I might pick up an R34 GTR this year :)

Been mulling over bringing an R32 once they get the system ironed out.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Someone find a lonely open road and we can all take turns using Launch Control on the GTR.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Maksimus54 posted:

Ballard Bar & Grill is just around the corner from me, and Leary is totally safe for launch testing...

Hah. I live in North Ballard and actually used Leary two weeks ago to show someone the LC. I actually broke all 4 tires loose on the shift into second. The cold makes the GTR mean.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

HotCanadianChick posted:

If you dorks ever come to Portland I'd have to take you to the Horse Brass or the Tardis Room.

(Union Jacks? Seriously? A poo poo strip club when Portland has two of the best English pubs this side of the Atlantic?)

I'd rather see tits than hang out at anything Doctor Who related.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

The Ridge is a ton of fun.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

NinjaTech posted:

I'd be up for an autocross meet. Then I could bring my formula car out. I don't mind letting anyone with previous autocross experience drive it.

Let's race to the death*.

*Must be raining at time of race.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

D C posted:

We could meet up at Golden Gardens, theres a Nissan site that has a big meeting there every year, big rear end parking lot.

I live like...half a mile from there.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I'm down for Golden Gardens whenever. It's literally a minute from where I live.

EDIT: I have a key for a private beach around here if Golden Gardens is too crowded.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

The weather in this hellhole is awful.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Replied. If you guys want I can probably invite some other local GTR guys who seem to come to any event at any given time.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

blk posted:

I'd be down with that - I've never had Dicks in my mouth before but everyone in Seattle tells me I should try it at least once.

Dicks was HUGELY disappointing for me. I don't care, I'll met you guys where ever. Golden Gardens is by my house and that road is good for GT-R rides.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I saw the lineup was 75% stanced VWs and decided not to.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

HotCanadianChick posted:

This is like a metaphor for something, I'm just not quite sure what.

I do know that every time I hear or see the word 'stanced' it makes me want to bang my head on something.

They also had a post saying "no jap poo poo" allowed, which may have swayed my decision.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

"So yeah we're doing this drive for charity, but please don't bring a car if its not part of the Master Race.". Wonder what they'd say if I showed up in my Fiat*, it's technically European v:shobon:v

* I'm not actually going to

I have a feeling they'd all be fine with the GTR. But, gently caress them.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

Wiiiiseee from yowwww gwaaavee

The weather is getting nice and we need to do a spring meet.

I'm willing to host at my place up in bothell but TBH comrade flynn's place looks way more accommodating to guests than my suburban house :v:

I can also smoke up a shitload of pulled pork.

We just had a BBQ over here!

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

POKEMAN SAM posted:

Mentioned this in the Seattle-heavy BMW thread, I'm down for a meet after I get back home from Maui on Saturday. Being gone for more than a week has me in withdrawals over not being able to drive my F82 all of the time.

OH OH OH LOOK AT THIS GUY COMING BACK FROM MAUI AND DRIVING AN F82 LITTLE LORD FAUNTELROY

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Goddamn how is that legal.

I saw one for sale at Exotics@RTC for like...50k. I thought I heard someone say you can turn them into monsters fairly cheap.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

POKEMAN SAM posted:

Real talk: I want to get a tint and wrap my roof gloss black. Good shops on the eastside? I've heard good things about Metropolitan Detail in Bellevue but I'd like to get it right the first time and over research it than the alternative. Any thoughts?

Metropolitan owns.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I'm seriously considering buying another house just to get a bigger garage.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Mat_Drinks posted:

I took a car to the Airport way Accutint before and they're good. On the higher side price wise for our area, but also on the higher side quality wise. I think I'd take my next car there. I went a bit more for price with the BRZ's tint and front end wrap and I feel like I can notice the difference.

Nothing wrong with that. Though, if your lot size isn't poo poo you could always just build one. I've been reading a lot of the city building code lately because I'm maybe a year away from building a 3 car, I just need to hit my brother up for drawings so I can figure out material prices. Do you have paved alley access?

RE: meetup Quite A Tool and I have been talking about meeting at Beveridge Place in W. Seattle sometime soon because it's walking distance for both of us (woooo!). All goons are of course welcome to come be goony with us.

My lot size is poo poo.

I'm probably going to rent this place out and buy another place in Woodinville.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Mat_Drinks posted:

Unless you've got some money you can spend, which, not to make assumptions, but I think Flynn is doing all right.

Options like the Kirkland waterfront area where some of it is walkable to bars and restaurants, or Bellevue where there are some pretty cool mid century neighborhoods with decent existing garages and lots where you could then also build a dream garage. Or he could go big and buy something like this: https://www.redfin.com/WA/Newcastle/11220-SE-74th-St-98056/home/414213

But Flynn, don't buy that as I think a buddy of mine is placing an offer this afternoon :).

But yeah, you could buy something like that in a nice area, live in the main house and build your custom dream home with huge garage/shop, far enough away to subdivide later. Then you move into the dream house, and sell the original house. Or just sub divide and have your rental be super close. Or maybe it's just a place for Mom and Dad to come live when they get old because who wants their folks to live in a home.

Not that I've spent time thinking about all of the above for myself at all :v:

I went and looked at this place:

https://www.redfin.com/WA/Woodinville/16020-NE-169th-Pl-98072/home/448265

But the house layout was loving RETARDED. And they had literally 30+ Thomas Kinkade paintings sooooo

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Mat_Drinks posted:

It's a trick agents use to get around the "only show new listings" filter that all online tools have now. The general assumption can often be made (it's generally true in my experience) that if a property has been sitting it's either wrecked, overpriced and the seller is unwilling to negotiate or both. So they try to cover that up.

I didn't see what you mean about the layout at first because of the way they took the pictures (and with a wide angle lens?). The landing/dining/kitchen setup is what seems most funky. The rest of the house and property seems pretty "move in ready" as it were, is that layout unfixable down the road or are you opposed to employing a contractor to customize? Because that garage is sweet.

Did you see this? https://www.redfin.com/WA/Redmond/16827-NE-122nd-St-98052/home/451604

It needs some work, but nothing huge and the garage is almost as good as the first one. Plus maybe you can work the Ford GT into the contract :) "just leave it there under the cover". Then again, it's in a pretty ticky tacky boxy neighborhood. poo poo, they've built that up a lot since I lived over there.

Alternately, if you find something that is almost where you want it to be, you could buy it with a 30 and get a home eq for a remodel. I can get you the names of some good mid to high end contractors that work in that area. Sometimes the best way to get what you want is to buy something almost there and have the rest done custom.

edit: may favorite feature on redfin is the "has garage checkbox" and the drop down where you can specify number of spots. This is in Bothell and not nearly as nice as what I think you're looking for, but how about parking for SEVEN lol: https://www.redfin.com/WA/Bothell/11117-NE-164th-Pl-98011/home/284690

There's two giant living rooms almost adjacent to each other. There's a second kitchen like 50 feet from the first. It's like some senile person just kept remodeling it forgetting what they did last.

I'm not buying a $1.2M place with the intention to renovate the hell out of it.

I could probably get by with a big 3 car garage and install lifts for 6 car storage.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Shameless self promotion: I do home remodels if he ends up with a fixer upper =V I only subcontract but I can point you in the right direction for high end work or do smaller handyman type gigs.

What's your hourly? I need a ton of window frames replaced in my current place.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

frame-in-frame or full frame? you replacing the glass too? Age of the house/materials? Carpentry stuff's a bit outside my realm of comfort but I could do easier window frame installs. If it's anything too crazy you'd probably come out ahead paying someone a higher hourly with more experience with that. if you're vaguely close to redmond I wouldn't mind stopping by and taking a look at it, worst case it's a mini AI meet. Just being honest, window frame installs can be anything from bang in simple to a nightmare without a ton of carpentry experience and I wouldn't want to leave you hanging.

I'm in Ballard. The wood on all my sound-facing windows is rotting so I need it replaced. The glass in all of them is fine.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Negromancer posted:

I am currently renting a house at pretty much 81st and greenwood and commuting to the convention center(7th and pine) in downtown. Granted I work from home 3 out of 5 days, but the ~6 mile drive to my office takes from ~15 minutes with light traffic to 1+ hours if traffic is bad. Coming home is even worse since all the construction in downtown is loving traffic. If I leave my office by 3pm, its a 20 minute drive home, anytime after 4pm its more like 45 minutes, mostly just getting to aurora. Hopefully once the new 99 tunnel is finished(not holding my breath) it will help the commute.

Ballard is our dream neighborhood. Unless my mom and stepdad make us a good offer on their house, there is no way we can buy a house there. We live in greenwood now and love it, but its almost as bad as ballard now, so we are really banking on my mom's house. I am open to West Seattle, but the fiance is not, so I am trying to convince her. I would honestly not mind buying a place in edmonds, so if we can't do north seattle, that is where I am pushing for.

You're like...a mile from me.

Downtown from Ballard is fine unless you get hosed by the Ballard Bridge. It is a fickle mistress.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

sofullofhate posted:

So, Dick's today? Maybe 3PM?

Which one?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I'm probably going to Exotics @ RTC on Saturday if anyone wants to meet up there.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

blk posted:

I may come out to see that - I'm up here for my father in law's b-day, depends on what the schedule is.

Nice meeting you! Sorry I didn't have a ton of free time to chat more.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

MrKatharsis posted:

Not really AI but I was at the wooden boat festival in Seattle today and they had the most bitchin' powerboat. I'll try to grab a picture tomorrow.

Was it the Oberto one? I saw someone truckin' it around Ballard earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I'm going to the Pacific Raceways Northwest Nationals on august 7th and 8th, we should do a NHRA Top Fuel goon meet.

Bleh. I'll be in Germany.

• Locked thread