Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
Honestly, if someone throws down a solid Date/Time with a few days notice I'll show up. Perhaps other people can shame me into maintaining my cars properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
I'll plan on being there anyhow.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

Negromancer posted:

I am super pumped to be moving back, but we are spending way too much money on stuff for the house.

I swear some morning I am going to get you drunk and the next thing you know you'll be signing paperwork at a financial planner.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

goobernoodles posted:

Can anyone recommend a good shop for head rebuilds?

http://autosportseattle.com/contact/

If you're in Ballard these guys are super friendly and trustworthy. They mostly specialize in crazy vintage stuff but they seem happy to help with anything. The guy that runs the place really looks the part of a british automotive enthusiast.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
Unless it has changed recently Park Place is terrible, the dealers are about what you would expect from a high end used car dealership but their stock is worth going to have a look at. There are usually a few interesting rarities but it is mostly just a bunch of generic midlife-crisis cars. Lots of cracked leather that has been dyed and buffed, lots of garage queen restorations. Basically a good place to buy a car if you want to spend an extra nine grand for a really good detailing job. You can also often find something with an airbrushed hood going for way, way more than it's worth.

On the other hand Munich evolution is worth stopping by if just to talk to the guy who runs the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

HEY VAPER posted:

Any other bmw enthusiast goons live around here?

I can't say I'm that enthusiastic about it but I daily drive and repair 2 BMWs and live in South Seattle these days. I've been wanting to get some friends together to do a general tune and polish plus beer day when the weather improves but family and house stuff are keeping me bogged down.

• Locked thread