Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I got a good belly laugh out of Yokoi signalling which glasses were wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I think this was an episode where it really did get embellished for the better, over the manga chapter. All the little extra things like Yokoi's glowering, and the "Congratulations" and the little rewind button at the beginning were excellent additional touches!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

AnacondaHL posted:

(19) Need a repeating GIF of Seki leaning back and forth with Yuki's WTF face in the background being blocked and unblocked. Like, potential avatar material.

I feel like Yokoi shaking her science book up and down would also make a good GIF.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm still surprised he deferred to her at all.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's always better to make these decisions with someone else.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
goatman was here

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 12, 2014

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

It's always better to make these decisions with someone else.
I just buy the same pair every other year. Boring, yes. But, authorized.
Okay, can someone give me a time for the GIF request? The one I think is funniest is where their faces turn in sync at just about 3:53 to 3:59.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy

Dan7el posted:

Okay, can someone give me a time for the GIF request? The one I think is funniest is where their faces turn in sync at just about 3:53 to 3:59.

Here's a really quick one:

Also avatar sized if you want that.

And the other avatar requested:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I read through the manga and watched through the anime of this in the past few days. What a stupid as hell and also amazing series. It's like if they took a gag out of Nichijou and made an entire series out of it, in a really good way.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Now we finally know Seki's voice. :3:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Why is that song so familiar? I keep thinking it was in Evangelion, but I'm not sure.

Also, I don't know why I'm blown away by there being a scene outside of the school.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Why is that song so familiar? I keep thinking it was in Evangelion, but I'm not sure.

Also, I don't know why I'm blown away by there being a scene outside of the school.

It's a pretty common song in Japan. I think it was the theme for the World Cup when it was in Japan for Japan in 1998.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 19, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The commercial was unexpected. Of course it makes sense in hindsight, but still.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ViggyNash posted:

It's called Tsubasa wo Kudasai/Wings to Fly. there's a ton of version of it: from an English version by Susan Boyle to Kanon Wakashima, to Evangelion, to K-on!, to Nichijou. And, i suspect about a million high school graduations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTEvp3OGUP0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKDaCckEt6M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ucG3Nt311Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj0OtMdI7xo

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I'm sad we'll never get to see the robot family again.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Oh nooo! Since it's the last (non -OVA) episode of the season, they sure set up Yokoi to lose big-time this episode! Poor thing! :(

Anyway, I hope they bring it back for a second season, because I really enjoyed seeing the anime adaptation. They really have to bring it back, because we need to see the Gotoh chapter in the art classroom!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

I'm sad we'll never get to see the robot family again.

No... nonono, this can't be. THIS CAN'T BE! JUST WHEN THEY'RE FINALLY SAFE, THEY'RE BEING FORGOTTEN FOREVER?!

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I just love how Seki's face lights up when Yokoi gets caught. It's as if he's spotted a kindred spirit.

I'm going to miss this show terribly, but at least it was a really good episode to go out on.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The first of the DVD/Blu-ray original episodes is out. It's somewhat longer than usual, 14 minutes instead of 8, and features a school trip.
Who knew Seki was chuunibyou before he was even in chuuni?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Has anyone seen the two OVAs yet? I just got around to watching them today. They're fun, and it's nice to see a slightly longer running time -- 13 minutes rather than 8 minutes. They animate the Hiking Trip chapter and the one with the Snow Rabbit.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I knew about the hiking trip but didn't know about the snow one until your post. They're both fantastic. I knew the polar bear had to be coming but it still made me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So glad I looked them up, they're really good.

• Locked thread