Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I have a soft spot for adaptations that feel like they completely understand their source (think JoJo). Nothing was changed because nothing needed changing, and the creative decisions they do make fit perfectly. Oh and the ending is so so good,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Joshlemagne posted:

People said the same thing about the manga but I haven't heard anyone say they thought it was getting stale or anything even after 40+ chapters.

Like all good serials with a formula, Seki does a great job of testing the limits of the concept.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ArcadePark posted:

I want it as an avatar. Perfect ADTRW avatar.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

StandardVC10 posted:

Eh, I thought it was fine. There wasn't really a punchline but I liked Yokoi's reactions as the situation changed.

Yea there was? The whole, the family came together thing. Yokoi's optimistic world view defeating Seki's evil. It was pretty great, although yea they've done that joke before.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It confuses me that these translated openings exist. Even people who watch dubbed anime are totally down with Japanese language openings most of the time. Even if they were to dub it, this style of show has never been super popular outside Japan. And the kind of people who would watch a dubbed version of Seki? Probably down with an undubbed opening.

This is not the first time anime has confounded me, of course.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's always better to make these decisions with someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So glad I looked them up, they're really good.

• Locked thread