Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
That owned, especially the ED. I do agree that they should cut down with the internal monologues though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Elite posted:

This is the reason I preferred ep 2 over ep 1 (which seems like the minority opinion). Ep 1 was a 1:1 recreation of the manga with very little added value for it being animated, but ep 2 of the anime was fleshed out by Yokio's imagination.

Maybe the Dominos story was better than the Shogi story, but I think ep 2 made better use of the format and the extra time.

I agree with this sentiment actually. The dominoes were pretty cool, but in terms of sheer creativity on the writers' end the shougi war story wins by miles. I would love to see much more of that kind of creativity.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I really like that that the two of them have an even "win"/"loss" ratio. I really hope that keeps up. I feel bad for the sand tower though.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Oh, Seki. What a magical bastard. "Even to the point of self destruction!?"

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
"I think I'll actually be able to listen in class today." -Yokoi

Famous last words.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Man, I actually feel bad for Seki-kun this time around.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Nooo not the stamp. Poor Seki. :smith:

And nice touch how everyone around him did not take down the notes for what'll be on the test, each for different reasons.

Actually, the one guy that took notes was the guy that ruined everything.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Ep 6: They even got their own theme song! :allears:

Ep 7: HAHA, the Seki-bureaucracy. Wait a sec, was that... plot?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

I just noticed at the end of the OP song when she says "Yamete" the Yokoi character on Seki's laptop mouths along in a stuffy-high-school-animation-project way. :lol:

I didn't notice that, but I did notice that the hand gesture Seki makes at the end of the OP changes between episodes. I only noticed because I watched 6 and 7 back to back, and I realized he did a different gesture in 7 than he did in 6.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

The latest episode (8), I'm fairly sure that everyone will agree, is the most ~*~dramatic~*~ episode yet!

:swoon:

That's basically my face while watching this episode. Or any episode, really.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Episode 10: This is the best misunderstanding.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
SUPER ROBOT FAMILY THEME SONG IS BACK!

And Seki wins this one by pure luck.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
ANN has 14 episodes, so I think there's just one more episode.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
That was an interesting change to the OP.

I just can't stop laughing. Her friends thinking she was weird because of the faces she was making make it 10 times better.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Careless? He wanted that bento to suffer. :unsmigghh:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Goto vision is the best filter.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The Ghosts of Iwo Jima.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Can't win against magic.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm still surprised he deferred to her at all.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Why is that song so familiar? I keep thinking it was in Evangelion, but I'm not sure.

Also, I don't know why I'm blown away by there being a scene outside of the school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

I'm sad we'll never get to see the robot family again.

No... nonono, this can't be. THIS CAN'T BE! JUST WHEN THEY'RE FINALLY SAFE, THEY'RE BEING FORGOTTEN FOREVER?!

• Locked thread