Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ArcadePark posted:

This actually should have been the thread for this title. I can't find any better laconic description for this series.

The only thing it's missing is the mandatory musical sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If they're following the manga chapters, then the next one will be a little more adorable

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

chumbler posted:

Yeah I was unsure how well it would transition to being animated, but the animation adds so much to Yokoi's imagination of the events that I don't know why I doubted it. The show is pretty much pitch perfect to the manga, and it has a fantastic ED to boot. Robot family is going to be the best episode when they get to it.

Sadly, given that it looks like they're following the manga chapter to chapter, unless it's more than one cour, the series won't be reaching it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

I agree with this sentiment actually. The dominoes were pretty cool, but in terms of sheer creativity on the writers' end the shougi war story wins by miles. I would love to see much more of that kind of creativity.

Well you'll love the chess episode then

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The OAD that was bundled with the 5th manga volume is now floating around your dodgy torrent site of choice.

It contains the sand chapter and the cat chapter, so those probably wont be appearing in the series. They're not the best anyways...

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

This is the last anime opening where I'd expect a bass drop. :stare:

I'm now imagining Seki-kun literally composing the song and dramatically dropping the bass, shaking everything around him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Why is that song so familiar? I keep thinking it was in Evangelion, but I'm not sure.

Also, I don't know why I'm blown away by there being a scene outside of the school.

It's a pretty common song in Japan. I think it was the theme for the World Cup when it was in Japan for Japan in 1998.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 19, 2014

• Locked thread