Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004

Dr Tran posted:

[*]You can purchase 3 badges. If you buy a badge for someone already in line, that person may purchase badges for 3 other people.

Does any know if this is still limited to people who attended last year and have member IDs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH

I heard murdering people is a crime, good thing too
This is actually quite easy to pull off. You need to use your member ID BEFORE you enter the waiting room. A simple check of "if memberid_inroom.exists?("yes") then exit."

ElmerTheWasabi posted:

Does any know if this is still limited to people who attended last year and have member IDs?

I believe it is, yes. You still need to the number off the badge to go with a member ID.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

mrfart posted:

Well, I guess the guest thing was a lottery of sorts then.
Because I had to pay. But I'm not gonna complain about it, it's the first time I ever had to pay anything.

With Professional status you should get you badge for free and you can get two additional guest badges one is free the other is paid in full. :confused:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

RevKrule posted:

This is actually quite easy to pull off. You need to use your member ID BEFORE you enter the waiting room. A simple check of "if memberid_inroom.exists?("yes") then exit."

I believe it is, yes. You still need to the number off the badge to go with a member ID.

People last year were saying they used multiple windows and it was fine

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

People last year were saying they used multiple windows and it was fine

Last year had no waiting room or official lottery and you didn't put in a member ID until you got to the front.

My guess is if the waiting room doesn't require a MID to sit in it, yes, use as many browser windows as possible; they can't be sure it's not an assload of people behind a nat'd firewall. If it does ask you for a MID to sit, they have an easy way to kick you out and having multiple windows open is probably not a great idea.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I would be impressed if they had their poo poo that together we'll see

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Sire Oblivion posted:

With Professional status you should get you badge for free and you can get two additional guest badges one is free the other is paid in full. :confused:

To be clear: My own professional badge was free. But the free guest badges were sold out.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

quote:

The wait is over, preregistration is coming! Comic-Con International 2014 badge preregistration will begin shortly after 9:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) on Saturday, February 8.

The EPIC Registration landing page will open at 7:00 AM PT for you to enter your personal registration code and authorize your device to enter the waiting room. Your personal registration code and link to the landing page will be sent to you via email at least 24 hours prior to the start of the sale. You can also access your registration code by logging in to your Member ID account and clicking the “Registration Info” tab. We suggest you add do-not-reply@comic-con.org as an approved/authorized sender to your email account.

Are you wondering what a registration code is? Confused about why there are two different opening times? For answers to these and other important questions, we strongly encourage you to read the Comic-Con 2014 preregistration instructions at: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2014-cci-badge-preregistration

There you will find complete instructions on how to participate in badge preregistration as well as a step-by-step tutorial video that will take you through the entire registration process. You can also find valuable registration information on Toucan, the Official Blog of Comic-Con International, WonderCon, and APE.

Please keep in mind that not all eligible attendees will be able to purchase a badge. During preregistration, there are more eligible attendees than badges available. You can increase your chances of obtaining a badge by reading all of the instructions carefully and having your personal information ready on the day of the sale. If you are unable to obtain a badge during preregistration, an additional sale to the general public will be held at a later date.

Comic-Con would like to thank all of you for your patience during this very delayed preregistration sale. Good luck and we look forward to seeing you in July!

Sincerely,

Attendee Registration
Comic-Con International

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Okay good, I can be at a computer for this sale.

Here's a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07z59DUl5sk

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Dr Tran posted:

Okay good, I can be at a computer for this sale.

Here's a video

quote:

The badge inventory is being held for you while you enter your information.

So when you get up to the point where you can select badges, it sounds like all the available badges you might be considering are "reserved" for you (and up to two others) at that time. That is, you won't start selecting badges, enter ID/billing information, and then find out one of them has sold out. Am I understanding that correctly? If so, it's at least nice to know that I don't have to feverishly enter in, copy/paste, or hope auto-fill puts in the right information. Then again, it's much less likely that this "race" component would be a make or break factor compared to last year, depending on how many people they let into badge selection at once.

Also, here's the site outlining the same instruction: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2014-cci-badge-preregistration

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I won't be going this year, but I will probably peek into SA and Facebook to see how much of a boondoggle sales are. :munch:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Hijinks Ensue posted:

I won't be going this year, but I will probably peek into SA and Facebook to see how much of a boondoggle sales are. :munch:

Not me cuz Im gonna get mine so gently caress you

Jimmy James
Oct 1, 2004
The man so nice they named him twice.
Is Pre-Reg any less of a crap shoot than normal Registration?

I've been through normal Registration twice now. Hoping pre-reg goes better.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Jimmy James posted:

Is Pre-Reg any less of a crap shoot than normal Registration?

I've been through normal Registration twice now. Hoping pre-reg goes better.

Same crap shoot, fewer people (but not by much).

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

That's the one you have to be grandfathered into right

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

That's the one you have to be grandfathered into right

Yes. Saturday is for 2014 registration for 2013 badge holders.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
The waiting page link went out via email. Good luck tomorrow.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Can anyone tell me if they pass the cookie test on this website that Comic Con set up? I tried it on both Firefox and Chrome, but no luck.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Gann Jerrod posted:

Can anyone tell me if they pass the cookie test on this website that Comic Con set up? I tried it on both Firefox and Chrome, but no luck.

Tried four browsers across 2 OS's and none came back with a pass.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Thanks, I figured as much, but I wanted to get a second opinion.

EDIT: So apparently you have to click that link through the link in the email, not through the website where I clicked it. Passed both tests, ready for tomorrow!

Gann Jerrod fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 8, 2014

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Has anyone gotten into this but not actually bought in previous years? Wondering if I should even bother trying

RAi
Oct 6, 2004

I'm the best there is at what I do....and what I do is eat cookies!
And the waiting (linecon) begins.

Too excited.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Has anyone tried going in with multiple comps/browsers yet? Just curious to see if it's the normal "don't listen to the instructions because they're always wrong" thing.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Darko posted:

Has anyone tried going in with multiple comps/browsers yet? Just curious to see if it's the normal "don't listen to the instructions because they're always wrong" thing.

I just did. Supposedly I only have one active session but I have two browsers with spinning circles.

Edit: It booted my other session, so yes, 1 reg code = 1 browser session

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 8, 2014

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Well best of luck to everyone

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

RevKrule posted:

I just did. Supposedly I only have one active session but I have two browsers with spinning circles.

Edit: It booted my other session, so yes, 1 reg code = 1 browser session

Wow, the instructions actually are correct? Insane.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Hello spinning wheel

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

So it begins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB2yqeD0Nus

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Since we can get three or whatever, if someone can't get in, I can grab a pass and you can paypal me the money or something and vice versa.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh, I have to leave for work a half hour after the line opens. Hopefully this will be painless, I'll be done in 15 minutes, and I can breathe easy.

Also, while I'm wishing, I'd like a free suite to stay in, and to meet Stan Lee.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Darko posted:

Since we can get three or whatever, if someone can't get in, I can grab a pass and you can paypal me the money or something and vice versa.

Same. I'm only buying 2/3.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Remember, do not refresh this page or open another tab/window of the waiting room. We are getting ready to line you up, so patience will be your best strategy for success!

cbubbles
Mar 15, 2007

I'm soooo into you
Page still in the waiting room for anyone else? Waiting for it to go from Waiting room to whatever is next.

edit: nevermind it says we are starting to line you up in random order.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

cbubbles posted:

Page still in the waiting room for anyone else? Waiting for it to go from Waiting room to whatever is next.

Yes. They said it will BEGIN sorting us shortly after 9am. Don't panic yet.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, the page seems to be working - got the "there are quite a few of you - lining you up" message.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
"We are starting to line you up in random order, please give us some time … there are quite a few of you!"

"Attendees are currently being lined up in random order, keep an eye on this message box for updates. Do not refresh your browser or you may experience difficulties!"

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
The. 120second refresh freaks me out. They could be sold out in 10 refreshes

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

"We are letting groups of people into their registration sessions slowly to ensure that the system is running efficiently. We will continue to update you here with any changes."

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004
I have to say this is nerve racking, but at least you see if it is working unlike previous years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Tyberius posted:

"We are letting groups of people into their registration sessions slowly to ensure that the system is running efficiently. We will continue to update you here with any changes."

At least give me a number of where I am :negative:

• Locked thread